Prediction Changes Vs St Kilda round 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand I’m pleased they’re (sort of) rewarding him for his good preseason/WAFL form but....

I’m beyond disappointed they’ve debuted him as the sub and without acknowledging a debut

Not happy

I’ll grudgingly accept it if they keep him in the side next week and make a fuss of him at home.

It’s a shitty rule

You guys realise the sub has a better than even chance of playing ( touch wood he doesn't)... and gets to travel with the squad? Its still a pretty big deal. I'm sure Winder is wrapped.

You guys realise the sub is a better than even chance of playing... gets to travel with the squad - its a pretty big deal.
Only Langdon played last week out of the first 3 rounds. Of course this is a good thing since there were no injuries during the match in the 1st two rounds. Imagine having to wait for an injury to get the chance to play.
In football (soccer) players who don't get subbed on don't get credited with a game played, it should be the same for the AFL.

Geez who really cares

Debutantes is one of the best things about sport.

For the player and their family it's a huge achievement after years of work. For fans, they're all the next big thing before they prove otherwise.

Having him potentially sit in the bench all game is super deflating.

You guys realise the sub has a better than even chance of playing ( touch wood he doesn't)... and gets to travel with the squad? Its still a pretty big deal. I'm sure Winder is wrapped.
I reckon its a lose lose situation though. For Winder to play, we need to lose someone to injury for a couple of weeks at least. If we dont get an injury, Winder plays his first game on the bench.

lol, everyone has gone mad for a potential debut as a sub. Give me a break. settle kids.If we win and he doesn't play a single minute,he will be in the middle getting showered for not playing a second.Has that now changed since Hawks did it already??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, everyone has gone mad for a potential debut as a sub. Give me a break. settle kids.If we win and he doesn't play a single minute,he will be in the middle getting showered for not playing a second.Has that now changed since Hawks did it already??
What kid would want that. Showered and celebrated in the circle for keeping a seat warm. I would be embarrassed myself and would want to join in the song but not in the middle. edit - I forgot its our song hahaha. maybe not.

Honestly this is what happens when you bring in a rule last minute wiyh proper planning. This should have been announced for next season so they could satisfy ever club, the AFLPA and etc. I doubt they can go back and change the rules regarding the subs getting games for being on a bench

Hopefully we plan on taking the piss out of the sub rule. Get a decent halftime lead, rest JK or Hurn with "hamstring awareness" or some bullshit and give Winder a decent run

Honestly this is what happens when you bring in a rule last minute wiyh proper planning. This should have been announced for next season so they could satisfy ever club, the AFLPA and etc. I doubt they can go back and change the rules regarding the subs getting games for being on a bench

I just don't get the need for it. I know they said it's for match payments but surely they could just say if you're the sub you get a match payment and not include it on the official stats.

I just don't get the need for it. I know they said it's for match payments but surely they could just say if you're the sub you get a match payment and not include it on the official stats.

Pretty sure the traveling emergency used to get a match payment didn’t they?

Don’t see why this is any different.

Hopefully we plan on taking the piss out of the sub rule. Get a decent halftime lead, rest JK or Hurn with "hamstring awareness" or some bullshit and give Winder a decent run

I'm surprised this hasn't happened previously. I know there are apparently penalties but really they won't impose them surely.

... but really they won't impose them surely.
If Richmond or Collingwood flaunt the rules, probably not.

If we flaunt the rules? Watch us get tarred and feathered and dragged down Spencer Street as an example to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back