Prediction Changes Vs St Kilda round 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The more I think about it the more I’m talking myself into Vardy being a smoke screen.

We travelled last time without an emergency, and took Venables home. Vardy’s a Vic boy.

Saints rucks are devastated at the moment and they’re definitely bringing in a severely underdone Marshall. This puts pressure on them to prepare for two-three days as though Eagles are going with two genuine rucks. Teams not announced until 24 hours beforehand so this could mess their midfield planning up a bit, dealing with Vardy instead of dealing with Allen.

Winder debuts for Petch who becomes the sub. Waterman for Shuey a done deal. Vardy as an emergency is a bad choice but it’s better than the choice of no emergency that we were comfortable with last time.

536530ed1ff29e450fae2f310dce49f1.gif
you made me upset when you used your crazy mod powers to kick me off the Non-eagles discussion thread. lol

I am upset that I cant post there any more.

1st off I got no Issues on Brad Hill leaving Freo. I got no animosity towards Brad Hill, despite the saints offering huge money and his lady wanted to go back to Victoria.

Brad Hill was originally on a $2.5 million dollar deal at freo for 5 years from 2017-2021. years 1 and 2 were front loaded at $700,000 a year, year 3 was $500,000. years 4 and 5 he would only be on $300,000. Saints caught wind of it and Offered $900,000 for 5 or 6 years. Him saying no to the saints would be like turning down a lottery ticket.

I dont blame the saints, I partially blame the AFLPA for it. Struggling teams have to Pay the minimum 95% of the Salary cap. That means front loading or over paying some average players on the list.

I want the minimum Salary cap to be 92.5% or even as low as 90%. Salary cap is 13 million. 90% of that is 11.7 million dollars or 1.3 million less.

Look at Norths team. They are in a rebuild and they have to pay overs for some of their players to reach 95% of their cap. It would help them much more if they spent 90% of that 13 million and use that remaining 1.3 million on other stuf such as paying debts or upgrading (training) facilities.

I still remember back in 2011 when the Salary cap was only 8.2 million. they showed the difference between the rich and poor. Collingwood used 100% of that cap and $800,000 on the Additional service agreements. Port on the other hand used the minimum 92.5% of the cap which was 7.5 million.
As much as I hate to agree with anything from a Freo fan, I actually agree with all this.

Freo were smart in front loading BHill and he would have been insane to knock back the Saints offer.

The salary cap does need a re-visit. The 95% requirement for rubbish teams is stupid. Yes, clubs get around the list status by front loading in times of weakness and hopefully back loading when strong, but as it is it still rewards average lists with overpayment. Even front loading, there is no way North can get to 95% with any true reflection of player value.
I would personally go to 90% or even lower, plus the ability to (as is currently the case) bank a proportion of the savings to be used within 5 years for a slight overspend. I.e. Save/under by $1mill in 2021, bank $500k of that for use at some stage in the 2022-2026 period. Be able to do that for a max of two years. Would help North develop talent on increasing wages and the banked money can be for the big name purchase.

The mere idea that the North list is of a value equal to 95% of the Richmond list is laughable.

For this weekend, I hope that Vardy is just there as Allen cover. Even then I'd take Waterman for Allen with Jake and Darling second rucking over Vardy. Why play a man down? It makes no sense.

I really hope they don't bench debut. I don't think they would. That means Winder gets a game. Happy with that. That means Jones (rest rather than what he offers) or Petch become the sub.

Then it's shuffle the deck chairs a bit to cover Shuey. Brander to the middle and Jake takes the Brander position?

The more I think about it the more I’m talking myself into Vardy being a smoke screen.

We travelled last time without an emergency, and took Venables home. Vardy’s a Vic boy.

Saints rucks are devastated at the moment and they’re definitely bringing in a severely underdone Marshall. This puts pressure on them to prepare for two-three days as though Eagles are going with two genuine rucks. Teams not announced until 24 hours beforehand so this could mess their midfield planning up a bit, dealing with Vardy instead of dealing with Allen.

Winder debuts for Petch who becomes the sub. Waterman for Shuey a done deal. Vardy as an emergency is a bad choice but it’s better than the choice of no emergency that we were comfortable with last time.

Love the thinking and hope it's true....however I'm not sure if anyone really puts in much time planning for Vardys 1 hit out and 4 possessions a game

As much as I hate to agree with anything from a Freo fan, I actually agree with all this.

Freo were smart in front loading BHill and he would have been insane to knock back the Saints offer.

The salary cap does need a re-visit. The 95% requirement for rubbish teams is stupid. Yes, clubs get around the list status by front loading in times of weakness and hopefully back loading when strong, but as it is it still rewards average lists with overpayment. Even front loading, there is no way North can get to 95% with any true reflection of player value.
I would personally go to 90% or even lower, plus the ability to (as is currently the case) bank a proportion of the savings to be used within 5 years for a slight overspend. I.e. Save/under by $1mill in 2021, bank $500k of that for use at some stage in the 2022-2026 period. Be able to do that for a max of two years. Would help North develop talent on increasing wages and the banked money can be for the big name purchase.
Also let this sink in..... Demons when they had coach Mark Neeld in 2012 and 2013 were at 95% of the cap too, compare that to the hawks, swans and cats who were at full 100 per cent at the time would be insane too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also let this sink in..... Demons when they had coach Mark Neeld in 2012 and 2013 were at 95% of the cap too, compare that to the hawks, swans and cats who were at full 100 per cent at the time would be insane too.
Nathan Jones has potentially earned hundreds of thousands more by playing for Melbourne than a good club.

I remember years ago, the media speculated that Pavlich and Richo were two of the highest paid players in the league, as they were elite players in bad teams with no-one else demanding high pay.

Winder better be in the 22, otherwise it's a week of development wasted.
Surely Simmo wouldn't make his debut a non-starting role.
From watching winder last week in the wafl game he was great but he was gassed very early in quarters and spent a fair amount of time on the bench and deep forward .

Does he have the tank for afl yet ?

Xon has far superior conditioning and played his best wafl game last week .

Pork sword?
Actually, remaining on this topic for a moment, the Prime Minister has just announced sweeping new changes to sexual barrassment in the workplace and in parliament!
I'm sure this wont put Tom off his game?
That new curly-perm hairstyle is really attracting some attention...

Is it really possible we might see Winder play in 2 days?

Last edited:
Actually, remaining on this topic for a moment, the Prime Minister has just announced sweeping new changes to sexual barrassment in the workplace and in parliament!
I'm sure this wont put Tom off his game?
That new curly perm hairstyle is really attracting some attention...

If only someone could tame him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back