Changing your perception of other teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide: Generally fairly warm to them, seem pretty distant for the most part which makes me don't notice their fans too much, and for a pretty long period were very fun to watch with plenty of likable footballers. Probably like them less than I did a couple of years ago but don't wish pain for them.

Brisbane Lions: Been loving them this year. Generally have always kind of liked them as a fellow supporter of a team from a non-AFL area, and typically play decent footy. Fan wise they're generally quite likable too.

Carlton: Should hate them, but am young enough that they don't have permanent villian status to me. So typically don't care, can probably see myself hating them in a few years time though.

Collingwood: Arguably the opposite to Carlton. Have some fairly likable characters but IMO their reputation is such that you can never truly like Collingwood unless you actively support them. McGuire's enough of a heel factor to not warm to them in any case. Still better than....

Essendon: Yeah, I can't say any more. Frustratingly their team is kind of great to watch, though. If only they had a GWS-esque amount of heel players to go with it.

Fremantle: Neutral mostly. Leaned towards slight dislike at their peak, but with Lyon dumped I don't really care anymore.

Geelong: Like the club, don't like the team. Their fanbase in recent years have gotten too cocky over basically not that much too.

Gold Coast: Meh, they're just pretty much there. Too s**t to garner any real emotion towards them.

Greater Western Sydney: Used to really enjoy them pre-2016. Then I kinda disliked them, now I enjoy them in a "big time heel sense". Easy to dislike, but are a very fun team at their best.

Hawthorn: Hate them, but more in a rival sense than anything else (and also being the powerhouse team when I started getting really into AFL rather than being more of a casual fan). Deep down there is mountains of respect there.

Melbourne: Was mostly warm to them, but mostly in an underdog sense rather than anything else. Now I'm mostly fairly cold to them as their team isn't very likable IMO, but haven't had enough sustained success to dislike them.

North Melbourne: Never really warmed to them, not sure why but their online profile might have a lot to do with it, plus their team is not really an easy one to like.

Richmond: Again used to not mind them (and in any case gave me heaps of comedy value), but their fans have let 2017 go to their head massively. These days I ain't a fan.

Port Adelaide: Had a phrase where I liked the team but generally disliked the club. These days I'm mostly indifferent to both.

St Kilda: Neutral mostly. Just seem bland overall. Could change in due course, but will probably never really dislike them.

West Coast: I'm mostly pretty OK with them. Would probably dislike them if I lived in Perth, but in Sydney they mostly seem pretty distant to me.

Western Bulldogs: Used to enjoy them a lot, then grew really bitter towards them after 2016. Probably more indifferent to them now - I don't really like their BF profile, but their Twitter one is good and they've been great to watch this year.

Ab
Used to like richmond, their fans are abominable now though. Always disliked hawks cats and blues, used to hate Essendon but now I don’t mind them.
Abominable in real life or just here on BF?
Lots of people hating on Tigers fans because of BF posters.
This isn't the real world, just a tiny fraction of footy fans.

Why do some Pies fans refer to some teams as cancerous? It is out of order and offensive.
Cancer can be defined as an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.

Just because you’re offended, it doesn’t mean anything.

Ab

Obviously, but for those of us who live outside Melbourne, this is the only interaction we get. I personally don’t know a single Richmond supporter. I am sure 80 percent are fine, but when BigFooty is all you see of them well...

I don't know a single Richmond support here in Perth. I visit BigFooty every day and thus it's my only interaction with those that support Richmond.

I don't know a single Richmond support here in Perth. I visit BigFooty every day and thus it's my only interaction with those that support Richmond.
Ok. I live in Geraldton.
Next time I’m in Perth we need to catch up for a beer and you’ll see we’re relatively normal 🙂

Cancer can be defined as an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.

Just because you’re offended, it doesn’t mean anything.
Cancer can be defined.... You know that is not what I meant you fool. No class. Keep with the lowlife comments. How is the petition going. You may need another very soon.You have covered yourself in glory again.Pity on morons like yourself.

Cancer can be defined.... You know that is not what I meant you fool. No class. Keep with the lowlife comments. How is the petition going. You may need another very soon.You have covered yourself in glory again.Pity on morons like yourself.
Don't cry too loud

The most annoying bigfooty supporter base, in my opinion, is the Geelong fans who still view the AFL as their plaything and spend a large amount of time complaining about finals fixtures rules which have existed for decades. North fans for a while were also not seeing the writing on the wall until Recently. Essendon fans were often blindly loyal to Hird when they should have known better. Eagles fans can, at times have a superiority complex. Hawthorn's arrogance seems to have worn off although I have, unsuccessfully, tried to let certain hawks fans know that their team isn't the flag winning side it used to be. I used to get annoyed by St Kilda fans who would tell me until they were blue in the face that their team was going places, but they've stopped doing that now.

The rest of the fans are fine. Collingwood fans on bigfooty I've found to be fairly considerate and smart. Carlton fans are as much critical as the neutrals which is refreshing. The clubs themselves I hate are Carlton, which still has a boys club smell to it, and Essendon, where the stench of saga still lingers. Sorry bombers fans, but it was hard to forgive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back