Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughable to think Lords 7 disposal game against the Lions was better than Dixon was against the eagles. Yes he missed a number of shots, but he was also the only reason we almost win that final.

Neither will get enough games. Marshall, Finlayson + a fit Dixon are first choice, followed by Lord. Also expect to see us play 2 rucks at some point this year
It was Ollie Lord's 13th game v Brisbane.
Charlie Dixon, high price trade (pick 10 and a future 2nd rounder, 65 games, 92 goals) on pretty good coin I would imagine. Of course he should be better. He should be so much better it's not funny, but the reality is, he's not.

Last edited:

How did the post you quoted get 10 likes?

Dixon's 2017 final was one of, if not the, best finals played by a Power player.
Dude kicked six behinds in a row, any of which go through for a goal and we win.

No matter how good literally everything else he did was, that should never be in conversation of best final ever.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Dude kicked six behinds in a row, any of which go through for a goal and we win.

No matter how good literally everything else he did was, that should never be in conversation of best final ever.

3.6 wasn’t it? Yeah can’t say it was a great game

3.6 wasn’t it? Yeah can’t say it was a great game
It was a very good game soured by goal kicking. He couldn't miss when we were five goals down but soon as the heat was on he started spraying.

But, everything else he did was very good.

Imagine getting triggered by a bit of content fodder. Just Dwayne naming some dudes. He would’ve given about 3 minutes of thought to compiling the list

Imagine getting triggered by a bit of content fodder. Just Dwayne naming some dudes. He would’ve given about 3 minutes of thought to compiling the list
3 seconds' thought should have been enough to exclude Charlie from it.

I still think Dixon's best footy, if utilised by a good coach in a good system, could be pretty devastating and hard to stop. He's mobile, he's good below his knees, he's strong as an ox and he can kick long and accurately. He's got all the tools he just spent 60% of his career playing in the dumbest forwardline possible where he played exclusively as a targetman whose job was to stand under hospital balls and get clattered into so the ball could come to ground.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, signing for Port under Hinkley cost him 100+ career goals and at least 1 more AA guernsey.

Laughable to think Lords 7 disposal game against the Lions was better than Dixon was against the eagles. Yes he missed a number of shots, but he was also the only reason we almost win that final.

kK58M-D9PGThSpsUZ1zPGwt88rg=.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Dixon's best footy, if utilised by a good coach in a good system, could be pretty devastating and hard to stop. He's mobile, he's good below his knees, he's strong as an ox and he can kick long and accurately. He's got all the tools he just spent 60% of his career playing in the dumbest forwardline possible where he played exclusively as a targetman whose job was to stand under hospital balls and get clattered into so the ball could come to ground.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, signing for Port under Hinkley cost him 100+ career goals and at least 1 more AA guernsey.
True. But also no deep hunger to succeed. Work-life balance Metro sexual that prefers a selfie over the blood/sweat in a premiership cup shot

In the first half of the 2017 EF vs West Coast, it was 1 vs 25.

Charlie Dixon vs 22 Eagles & 3 umpires.

Should have retired last year.

They shouldn't be structuring their forward line around a hobbling injury prone 33 year old. With Georgiades coming back from injury and putting himself in the round 1 frame, combined with Lord's development last year, there's simply no reason to suggest Dixon should be in the team round 1 especially if he's not fit.

Plenty of conflicting opinions about big Chuck, but to me one of the key missing ingredients is the lack of a genuine footy brain.

The above aside though he has been run into the ground by kern's coaching and game plan for years, and in a better set up and coach I suspect he may have more than one All Australian blazer in his wardrobe.

Should've delisted Dixon last year.

I'd rather have Marshall, Georgiades, Lord and Finlayson rotating in the forward line.

No need for an aged injury prone inconsistent forward.
Charlie has all the traits of Jonas, its was pretty obvious 15 months before his retirement Jonas was done but Ken still played him and still kept him as captain (mind boggling stuff). Im ok for Charlie to be in the list as a break glass in case of an emergency, but generally speaking he shouldnt get a game unless injuries strike.

This is just about my favourite Charlie moment. Sticking it to the nord w***ers at Alberton

That's up there with him being a shithead to Alex Rance. It was always fun to watch him on Rance. Whenever he played Alex Rance was about the only time he would use his body properly. Shame Alex retired not long after Dixon moved to Port.

Should have retired last year.

They shouldn't be structuring their forward line around a hobbling injury prone 33 year old. With Georgiades coming back from injury and putting himself in the round 1 frame, combined with Lord's development last year, there's simply no reason to suggest Dixon should be in the team round 1 especially if he's not fit.

Who says they are structuring their forward line around Dixon this year?

The reasons why Dixon would be in a Rd 1 team if he was fit despite Lord's 'development' last season? Perhaps because he averaged more marks, goals, tackles and score involvements than Ollie last year despite being hampered by injury half the season. He was our top forward a third of the way into the season before being injured and shouldering as much of the 2nd ruck load as Finlayson. That's a couple of solid reasons. Its a moot point anyway because Dixon won't be fit until somewhere near Rd 10 if he has a clear run at things.

Charlie has all the traits of Jonas, its was pretty obvious 15 months before his retirement Jonas was done but Ken still played him and still kept him as captain (mind boggling stuff). Im ok for Charlie to be in the list as a break glass in case of an emergency, but generally speaking he shouldnt get a game unless injuries strike.
He was completely different to Jonas. Totally different cases.

Jonas was playing fully fit and in his last season particularly was getting savagely beaten by his opponents.

As mentioned above Charlie was our top forward after 8 rounds. His issue wasn't that his skills were in decline, but that he injured his quad and his foot limiting his ability to get on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back