List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blooz are really going about this rebuild properly

Trade out every player of value
2015 #1 pick
2016 #1 pick
2017 #1 pick (plus being s**t compo pick)
2018 #1 pick

They really want to complete that Dozen spoons, Carlton are the new Melbourne with a s**t jumper

I reckon we are stuck in an internal shitfight at Carlton. If Y was wired right this year, he should have finished top 2/3 in their b&f...he was top 4 in 2014. What to you pay for a top 3 midfielder aged 24? The Bloos totally mismanaged this bloke. They have been shopping all year...they now seek to offload him to us after screwing with his head.

So if we don't give them 12 & they don't take 19...it's probably too late to trade...into the draft we go.

Richmond could do this couldn't they if Yarran decides to sit out 2016 and doesn't get paid by Carlton.

Richmond could offer Yarran a job with RFC as an ambassador for the indegiouness centre we have , we could at least this way pay him a wage to at least cover him for 2016 , not a huge amount maybe 50-70k .

Then when he comes to Richmond next year as FA we just make up what he lost on his footy wage that he missed in 2016.

so instead of paying him 450 a year x 4 years, we pay him 500k x 4 years .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With talk of a token sweetener it's starting to feel like the end of the Canada on Strike episode of South Park, they just want something more so they can go back to the supporters and say "We did it!"

images

The problem with that argument is that we tried to use it to trade with Carlton, proving the trades purpose was to snare Yarran. Bit of a utensil up if you ask me.

How is it a utensil up? We've traded to get a pick that is fair compensation for Yarran. As a result we either get Yarran with it once SOS comes to his senses or take it to the draft and have a chance at a very good player. At the same time we also win the PR war as every reasonable thinking person, including Yarran himself, will see Carlton as the bad guys as we were offering appropriate value and they refused to do the deal. When we only had 12 and 31 it could be argued that 31 wasn't enough for Yarran but with 19 on the table we come out smelling of roses no matter what happens.

How is it a utensil up? We've traded to get a pick that is fair compensation for Yarran. As a result we either get Yarran with it once SOS comes to his senses or take it to the draft and have a chance at a very good player. At the same time we also win the PR war as every reasonable thinking person, including Yarran himself, will see Carlton as the bad guys as we were offering appropriate value and they refused to do the deal. When we only had 12 and 31 it could be argued that 31 wasn't enough for Yarran but with 19 on the table we come out smelling of roses no matter what happens.

This post sums it up but people will continue to argue because they have nothing better to do.

Win the PR war as judged by you. Gee, where do we pick up this prestigious prize.
I was pretty clear in my original reply.

Richmond could do this couldn't they if Yarran decides to sit out 2016 and doesn't get paid by Carlton.

Richmond could offer Yarran a job with RFC as an ambassador for the indegiouness centre we have , we could at least this way pay him a wage to at least cover him for 2016 , not a huge amount maybe 50-70k .

Then when he comes to Richmond next year as FA we just make up what he lost on his footy wage that he missed in 2016.

so instead of paying him 450 a year x 4 years, we pay him 500k x 4 years .
Their are rules about this. Justin Murphy started it when we employed him as a grounds keeper and the AFL said no.

i reckon kerridge is a better player than menzel and the blues have done well to offload a weak one trick injury prone squib for a mature mid/fwd and get a pick back to play spudball with

menzel-760x438.jpg

i agree with bryce, menzel's mum clearly smoked during pregnancy

this post is all over the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back