Coaching and off-field staff thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Article in The Australian today by Marco Monteverde: "The Lions - who are set to next week announce their new football manager following David Noble's appointment as North Melbourne coach - have re-signed reliable defender Ryan Lester for two more years".

Article in The Australian today by Marco Monteverde: "The Lions - who are set to next week announce their new football manager following David Noble's appointment as North Melbourne coach - have re-signed reliable defender Ryan Lester for two more years".
That is impossible, didn't Fagan just say starting looking at candidates with swann this week

Clubs tend to move on these things pretty quick though.
And he mentioned that they have a lot of interest both internally and externally.
I suppose, and it would mean that if someone was moving, then the other club would need to be given enough time to replace who they're losing, can see the afl expecting that

I wonder if Hodgey is interested?
Or whether he is still looking down the media path, or Coaching?

I was wondering if Mitch Hahn was a possibility. Moved out of coaching this year to do more Covid management/admin work.

I was wondering if Mitch Hahn was a possibility. Moved out of coaching this year to do more Covid management/admin work.
That’s not a bad call, I like it.
I do think it will be someone from within.

Yeah agree on the inside person. Fages paused when asked if it would be someone inside recently, with that radio interview and answered there has been interest from both internal and external. The lack of noise in social media makes me think it’s someone inside the club too.
I didn’t know about Mitch’s new role re admin— who is the reserve’s coach in 2021 then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t know about this either.
So who coached them this year (2020)
If he took up another role?
Maybe he did both?
Pretty much just scratch matches for the NEAFL boys so coaching wouldn't have been that onerous.

Is this even an extension? Wasn’t he already going to coach this season (into 2021)? Anyway, Starce is Lion

View attachment 1018955
When I first saw this notification pop up on my phone I got very excited thinking that it was Brandon signing on for some more years.
So I will admit that I was a little disappointed to see that it was Craig.
But good to have him back.

I’m a bit torn as to what I want from our next footy GM. I feel there are some great candidates from within but I would also love someone who has tasted a bit of success and knows what it takes to get there. I know Fagan was at that hawks through their flags but I just think another person with his experience would be ideal.

Congrats to DD!

Great appointment!!! Stoked for him! I wonder who will step up into his position! He has been absolutely essential to how our coaching panel is structured!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back