Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

Lol another clueless poster but i know most say that about you so nothing new.

Compare what? It's not our home ground nor our home game, a real comparison both home games = Pies v eagles 25K. Tigers v eagles 40K

Tiges V cats 60K "away game for us" and pies 53K lol lol lol
Pies bigger than Richmond in victoria, lmfaooo fill a stadium in finals that shows how big a supporter base really is and you couldn't even do that against minnows. Last 11 finals at the G we have over 90K+ crowds, the only club to do it twice, pies did it once needed the GF replay of 2010 :D

What club has the biggest attendance in a home & away game against an interstate team in the AFL, quickly call a friend, call Eddie the answer is RICHMOND v Lions 77K

Pies will have more members than Richmond turn it up, no one in their right mind will believe that nonsense. Why? you won a flag and played in 4 GF's between 2010-2018 and still couldn't get past 85K

Never heard Richmond being fickle but we sure have heard the pies supporters dropping of like flies when they start losing but coming back when they win. That's the TRUE definition of fickle.

Let’s look at total attendance’s this year and back in 2019 who was first?? Yes Collingwood

See you in another 37 years like all the other fickle Richmond fans

Richmond west coast round 18 1993 princes park 6,088 fans.

Collingwood actually have 90,000 members now. Richmond are no way near as big as Collingwood around Australia. Look at social media. Hey Collingwood are 9.2 million bigger then Richmond as per total home and away attendance’s.

Richmond are now minnows. Won’t be long till they start selling home games to cairns to make a $$. Do you remember 1990 and save our skins?

Collingwood has never ever had to sell home games into state. Collingwood have drawn over 1 million people through the gates whilst missing the finals in 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 20014, 20015, 2016 and 2017 that is 9 times (most of any club) compared to Richmond only once in 1998 and they finished 9th that year whilst Collingwood especially from 1998 to 2000 were bottom 4 club.

Collingwood has the most loyal die hard supporters in Victoria only Essendon comes close. Richmond are by far the worst.

Collingwood the most loyal umm not a chance!!!
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Don’t you actually look as statistics that I have posted?? Well I’ll tell you Richmond are the worst most fickle fans base in the afl

No bro that's Collingwood by the length of Flemington straight. Once you start losing even remotely drop out of the 8 your fans drop off like flies.

Don’t you actually look as statistics that I have posted??

lol same can be said about you, you keep harping on about pies being the biggest well why cant you sell out the G against minnows, forget your season average that shows pies being consistent well done but fixture helps too but in finals no help from fixture you need to fill the stands with your supporters.
Pies have had 3 chances against minnows in finals and failed on all 3. 72K and 77K V GWS and 51K V port lol

Tiger 95K V GWS and 90K+ V North and lets not forget 77K V Lions in a home and away game, the biggest ever attendance V an interstate side!!!

Richmond are now minnows. Won’t be long till they start selling home games to cairns to make a $$. Do you remember 1990 and save our skins?

It's one of the reasons why many don't take you seriously on the main board. Take the hate away and you may be able to post with some clarity.
Richmond minnows, if so then what is Collingwood? Richmond is No 1 for revenue (eagles make the most profits by far). Tigers have more money in the bank than Collingwood, are you following this.

Yes, I do and we came out the other end more than ok. Needing to go back 30+ years shows you are grasping at straws luckily you can only judge on the now and the now says we have more money and have a higher revenue than the colliwobbles.

PS: I can play that game too, looking back into the crystal ball.

Magpies lose $4.5m on sale of pubs​

Collingwood is to sell off two under-performing hotel investments at a big loss
COLLINGWOOD is selling two Melbourne hotels at a loss of about $4.5 million as it moves to shore up its financial position.

It's one of the reasons why many don't take you seriously on the main board. Take the hate away and you may be able to post with some clarity.
Richmond minnows, if so then what is Collingwood? Richmond is No 1 for revenue (eagles make the most profits by far). Tigers have more money in the bank than Collingwood, are you following this.

Yes, I do and we came out the other end more than ok. Needing to go back 30+ years shows you are grasping at straws luckily you can only judge on the now and the now says we have more money and have a higher revenue than the colliwobbles.

PS: I can play that game too, looking back into the crystal ball.

Magpies lose $4.5m on sale of pubs​

Collingwood is to sell off two under-performing hotel investments at a big loss
COLLINGWOOD is selling two Melbourne hotels at a loss of about $4.5 million as it moves to shore up its financial position.
But unlike Richmond we have not had to resort to play home games interstate like cairns. And you know why? Because Collingwood supporter turn up every week unlike Richmond who just give up on there club when they are down the bottom!! Again most fickle supporter base In the league. Everyone knows this. Your the only person on the board defending Richmond. Must be rather lonely haha

lol same can be said about you, you keep harping on about pies being the biggest well why cant you sell out the G against minnows, forget your season average that shows pies being consistent well done but fixture helps too but in finals no help from fixture you need to fill the stands with your supporters.
Pies have had 3 chances against minnows in finals and failed on all 3. 72K and 77K V GWS and 51K V port lol

Tiger 95K V GWS and 90K+ V North and lets not forget 77K V Lions in a home and away game, the biggest ever attendance V an interstate side!!!

Collingwood 9.2 million of total home and away attendance’s in front of Richmond . Hey Richmond are not even second or third. Richmond are 2.2 million and 2.4 million behind Carlton and Essendon and we were all playing at suburban grounds in the 90’s.

Apart of membership there are no fan surveys or social media that state that Richmond are bigger then Collingwood. If you can show me evidence that would be greatly appreciated instead of showing selective games where in finally Richmond prior to 2017 hardly made finals so it was like a lifetime event. If Collingwood were in the same boat as Richmond from 1983-2016 Collingwood would of easily sold out the the mcg. Hey after 12 years of no finals action at the mcg Collingwood played a preliminary finals v Adelaide in front of 89,000 which was sold out. Capacity of the mcg in 2002 was 96,400!

Richmond v lions had 20,000 Brisbane fans.

Which club had played infront of the most 80,000 home and away crowds. Collingwood who is more the double of the second club Essendon. Richmond is 4th behind Carlton. In reality Richmond is the 4th biggest club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the point of this thread, obviously noone is going to say Richmond. We could have 1 million members and getting 100k to the mcg every week and people would still say we have the worst supporters.

But you don’t get 100 k every week. Also Richmond is behind Collingwood in attendances this year so how can Richmond people say they have more supporters then Collingwood

But you don’t get 100 k every week. Also Richmond is behind Collingwood in attendances this year so how can Richmond people say they have more supporters then Collingwood
So reading comprehension isn't your greatest skill.

BTW, Richmond are ahead in home attendances quite clearly.

What's the purpose of your post? you played a home game at your home ground where your members have rights of entry and got 23K.
North played a home game against Richmond, not our home game and no rights for entry. Again what is the purpose of your post in this thread.

Having a crack at north for not opening half of the 3rd deck.
Tiger Army.

I was there and ill tell ya the atmosphere was pretty good for a crowd of about 23K. The result not so good.
Not sure why my fellow tigers and even pies are not keen on going there.
Bombers and Blues have embraced it well guess no choice being your home ground.
Because ita a shithole with no atmosphere. If I wanted to sit in a concrete box, at least it should be a little warm

Because ita a shithole with no atmosphere. If I wanted to sit in a concrete box, at least it should be a little warm

Fair enough. It was weird because on one side of the ground it was chokkas on all levels but on the opposite side, North members wing levels 1&2 it was pretty sparse. It would've been better to spread all the fans on level 3 from one side to the other side also, better viewing for the fans.
We only play 1 home game there and 1-2 away, so of course, many of our fans can easily give it a miss.
You only need to look at our last home game 2 weeks ago at the G V the 17th team "eagles" we got 40K

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back