Opinion Collingwood don't want Adam Treloar... recently signed him to a multi year big $$$ deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Clearly no substance"?

Collingwood are getting hammered in the press.
Surely if there's nothing in it as you've said, the club (Ed) would come out and say
"Adam is a contracted and a much wanted player at our club".

That would end the speculation.
By staying silent, they're just adding to it.

I think you're being a tad naive TBH.
They are apologists for a clown President and mismanaged club.

Maybe they've had enough of the media making up sh*te about them to sell advertising space.

Did they comment three weeks ago when Grundy was allegedly out the door?

Any comments about Mihocek?

Have they made any comments at all?

Maybe they're managing Treloar in the background? If that is being done, who cares what nuffies like you think?
Looking at your posts, I realise you ain't the brightest, but if the club comes out and says something, they won't have to make up sh#t about them.

Grundy and Mihocek weren't under a 5 year contract.
LOL.

You really are embarrassing yourself here champ.

So what?

Clubs are in a no-win situation when they comment on media speculation.

If Collingwood come out and say Treloar is a required player and he win most certainly be at Collingwood next year, the media will use the parallels with 'The coach has the full support of the Board' comments, and/or move on to increasing the speculation around De Goey, Mihocek, Grundy, and anyone else they can make a story about.

Then if a club were to offer Collingwood an offer too good to refuse about any player, then there are no prior 'public commitments' that can be used against them.

See, the media have no accountability. They have and will continue to be proven wrong time and time again.

Clubs are accountable to their players, supporters and sponsors, so they have to be extremely careful about what they commit to.

Hi Fadge :)

I reckon it is the price you pay for having the biggest celebrity blabber mouth 'big week in footy' but 'look at me please'... EVER as the club President.
He only shuts up about embarrassing stuff, until he has to apologize.

The Grundy one was Rendell shooting the breeze suggesting Grundy should be offered to the Swans, to relieve the salary cap. (Pure BS!)
As much as Swans need a ruckman they learnt long ago you don't do millyunaire long deals even for just for 7 years!!!!
(Rendell wouldn't know anything about the state of Collingwood's salary cap ???)

No one has denied Treloar 5 years at $900K. I am with you that is bloody ridiculous!!!!

However DeGoey's Dad believes it apparently , and he wants something similiar! So the media BS goes!!!????

But I feel for B Mihocek. How does he feel still being a rookie list???? Carrrrnt be true shirley?????
Is there any pennies left? "Please sir can I have some more?"

If you wanna keep it quiet why are you talkin about it on BF?

Stick together..... side by side or under the table.... just somehow!

Cheers

So what?

Clubs are in a no-win situation when they comment on media speculation.

If Collingwood come out and say Treloar is a required player and he win most certainly be at Collingwood next year, the media will use the parallels with 'The coach has the full support of the Board' comments, and/or move on to increasing the speculation around De Goey, Mihocek, Grundy, and anyone else they can make a story about.

Then if a club were to offer Collingwood an offer too good to refuse about any player, then there are no prior 'public commitments' that can be used against them.

See, the media have no accountability. They have and will continue to be proven wrong time and time again.

Clubs are accountable to their players, supporters and sponsors, so they have to be extremely careful about what they commit to.
******* hell.

Cya when this all finishes.

Smoky , funny thing and something either people on here are too stupid to see, or too biased to acknowledge is Collingwood has actually played the Treloar card beautifully. After being unable to facilitate a trade last season, they pushed out his previous backended contract again with the renewal, which allowed for them to be able to lock everyone back in, much to everyone’s dismay, as the haters in here were hoping they’d lose at least one of their stars. It must be such a disappointment that Collingwood hasn’t lost a single player - what will be an even greater disappointment for everyone here is that if Treloar decides to move to GC, they’d happily give up pick 5 for him.

Mind you, at no stage has Collingwood even said he’s on the table, and at no stage has any of the media’s stories been anything more than rumours.

Pies are making a play for someone, thus this Treloar thing playing out - plenty of foot in mouths in 2 weeks time. I can’t wait for it.
Pies playing 4D (maybe even 5D) chess here for sure

What's with this insidious new approach of clubs $hit canning the players they are shopping around - North started it by devaluing Brown, then Essendon come out and have a dig at Saad, and now the Pies with Treloar.

Brown's management devalued him by turning down a 700k-ish contract.

Grundy's contract is the real white elephant here, at least Treloar is still a top player.
Hopefully there is a second tier comp next year so they can send Grundy back to it to work out what is going on with his form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they've had enough of the media making up sh*te about them to sell advertising space.

Did they comment three weeks ago when Grundy was allegedly out the door?

Any comments about Mihocek?

Have they made any comments at all?

Maybe they're managing Treloar in the background? If that is being done, who cares what nuffies like you think?
Let's get real, Eddie comments on anything and everything, unless it makes Collingwood look bad (and even then half of what spews from his mouth makes Collingwood look bad even if he doesn't mean it to). Ever seen him in his 'unbiased' media job? Brings Collingwood into every discussion, 'Oh his great grandfather on his mother's side barracked for the Pies'...

Dont mean to sink the boots in but whats goin on down there?

Wells?
Mayne?
and now Treloar.

Maybe Buckley isn't a very good communicator with the Recruiting and Contract Staff.

Although after the Mayne stuff up you'd reckon they'd triple check with Bucks (and maybe call Eddie) to make sure what Bucks asked for is actually what Bucks meant to ask for.

I reckon it's true but Edmund put a bit of mayo on it...after Buckley called him out he's sticking to his story.

Buckley would never have said it in those words that the senior players 'dont want you around anymore'...but more something like 'us as a coaching group and the senior players feel it would be beneficial for both you and the club if you were to move on'. Point is the same, but message delivered in a more believable way.

I reckon it's true but Edmund put a bit of mayo on it...after Buckley called him out he's sticking to his story.

Buckley would never have said it in those words that the senior players 'dont want you around anymore'...but more something like 'us as a coaching group and the senior players feel it would be beneficial for both you and the club if you were to move on'. Point is the same, but message delivered in a more believable way.
Your version doesn’t sell papers though... the nuffies on here won’t buy it as much either to sink the boot in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back