Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't at the ground, but I did watch the game on TV. Personally I thought the Collingwood coach's move of Pendlebury into the midfield in the fourth quarter had the greatest effect on the games momentum. Collingwood dominated the clearances in the middle and we couldn't match their pressure.

Pendles is so calm and what an amazing kick. Sidebottom, Adams, Crisp and Howe were others who changed the game in the end. Their senior leaders really stepped up.

We don’t have an equivalent cohort yet, unfortunately. The current senior players aren’t going to be the next impactful leaders - we have another few years to see who emerges.

Happy Hour is entitled to having an opinion.
I just want to be proud of my club again and not to be fed bs. Which I feel I am being fed weekly. Before this year I thought we were capable of 6-8 wins. We are miles of that. We've been beaten by teams who I feel we have a better list than: Haw, Coll, Adel for a start. I desperately want Jhf to buy in. But why would he? I've privately not liked club sycophants like chadwiko for years and kept that to myself. We have reached a point where apathy is no longer option. Stand up and be counted. If JHF plays today, we win. How is this acceptable? Noble is not trying to build a culture, he is destroying an already great one. F*CK the wokeness, f*CK the pronouns, f*ck the apathy. I want a win.

When the game was in the balance in the last quarter, and Goldy should have started in the center, they put CCJ in there instead and we couldn't get a clearance. It influenced the result. Terrible decision.
There were a lot of perplexing moves made by a coach when the boys got to a 4 goal lead at 3/4 time.

I really felt for the playing group to not be given the opportunity to continue playing the way that got them to that lead.

i've not watched Pies this year, they seemed to get down low for frees a lot, more than any team I have watched this year?
Umps seemed onto it tho.
Daicos was trying it in the last as well. A lot of Collingwood players standing around with their arms up every time they ducked their knees too. I've not seen many pies games either, looked to me like a tactic and when it didn't go their way they were stunned.

I couldn't watch the game.

I have no idea why you keep trolling me, enough please.
If you didn't watch the game anything you say about what happened in the game comes from a place of ignorance.

It's really pretty simple if you stop posting your ignorant drivel I won't keep quoting you.

I just want to be proud of my club again and not to be fed bs. Which I feel I am being fed weekly. Before this year I thought we were capable of 6-8 wins. We are miles of that. We've been beaten by teams who I feel we have a better list than: Haw, Coll, Adel for a start. I desperately want Jhf to buy in. But why would he? I've privately not liked club sycophants like chadwiko for years and kept that to myself. We have reached a point where apathy is no longer option. Stand up and be counted. If JHF plays today, we win. How is this acceptable? Noble is not trying to build a culture, he is destroying an already great one. F*CK the wokeness, f*CK the pronouns, f*ck the apathy. I want a win.

Totally agree mate.

If you didn't watch the game anything you say about what happened in the game comes from a place of ignorance.

It's really pretty simple if you stop posting your ignorant drivel I won't keep quoting you.
Now wouldn’t you not quoting people and not offering anything but simple trolling be a welcome surprise?

Please feel free to never requote me.

It's not tef it's tef lite.

Tef was far more entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s because the idiot kept quoting my posts.

If you actually read I told him to stop quoting if all was going to do was dribble about my post and not put up anything intelligent or a counter argument.
I’m not gunna get into another argument with ya mate. Pretty confident in my reading ability, been doing it for a while.
You take what I said however you like. I enjoy everyone posting their opinions on what could/should/did happen. But the incessant same things over and over means i am just scrolling through rubbish and tit for tat s**t.
The ignore function is annoying, as sometime people have great insight into what happened in the game, and you have this whole “ignored member” blocks, I’d rather not have that.
Anyway, as I said, just my insight.

Well that’s fair enough. It’s hard to pick up those things on the TV.

It is as my a coincidence that Howe hardly impacted the game for 3/4’s and then in the last was able to play loose.

That’s why we played a short possession game in the back half in the last, because we have folded players back. Players would look up and only have a short on offer or have to kick to a 2 on 1, with Howe as the loose.

When you are 4 goals up it’s up to the opposition to change the game, not for the winning coach to change his structure.

It showed a coach that has a total lack of game awareness.
The coach changed the structure as the cattle were out on their feet. An extra behind the ball to try and stem the flow creates one loose up the other end. If we didn't run out of puff, then those changes wouldn't have been made

Why not? If you dont take the best midfielder its pointless? Why do we need another midfielder? If we need players in pick 6-10 range we could easily get two pucks inside the top ten with pick one. Wouldnt that be advantageous to us? If we prepared to go for another midfielder we need to trade one we have.

Would you rather a core midfield of Simpkin, LDU and JHF or Wardlaw, LDU and JHF?

i've not watched Pies this year, they seemed to get down low for frees a lot, more than any team I have watched this year?
Umps seemed onto it tho.
It was only Ginnivan and Henry that I noticed. McCreery does it a bit but usually he just legitimately gets caught high. I actually like most of them as players, they're a pretty clean team. Ginnivan is the flog of all flogs though. Bloke spends more time on the floor than anyone in recent memory. Glad the umps didn't buy his bullshit. Dogs are way worse than the Pies for that stuff tho imo

Last edited:
The coach changed the structure as the cattle were out on their feet. An extra behind the ball to try and stem the flow creates one loose up the other end. If we didn't run out of puff, then those changes wouldn't have been made
JS could of been removed from the defensive 50 at his first mistake. Swapped with JZ or someone else. The extra behind the ball was not a wise move. You’re better off rotating a player out of the hot zone than you are adding defenders back if you are trying to win the game.

Pies are a good average team at best imo. Well organised and some top line senior leaders in Pendlebury and Sidebottom but we exploited their arrogance in playing such a shortass backline against the likes of Goldy and Larkey. You learn heaps more about your players when the intensity is up and the adrenalin is flowing. Great to see the likes of LDU, McKay, Larkey, Young and Powell stand out in those conditions. I thought Perez, Taylor, Bonar and Curtis also showed glimpses of their quality under heat. We were clearly gassed but superior senior leadership and tackling was the difference in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back