List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can never protect someone from a concussion 100% depending on how much force is applied on the head because ultimately the brain surrounded by water and can move freely. But the cushioning from the helmet can negate a lot of force so the head doesn't take the full brunt of a lot of head to head or limb to head incidents on a sports field.
Concussion is usually about the head rotating suddenly or stopping suddenly and thus the brain smashing into the inside of the skull. The theory is that standard helmets cushion some of the force of direct impact, but little of the rotational forces. Hopefully they can invent helmets that are more effective at stopping the rotational force

He played 19 games and missed barely anything after R10. McStay did well coming off a long break. Just don't see the room you do
I just think it's been a pretty clear improvement trend. And he's just hitting the minimum AFL experience level you want as well as the age that many rucks peak. Another preseason in the ruck rather than as a forward should be beneficial and see further improvement.

Goldstein? that one doesnt make sense to me unless hes taking a massive pay cut, expecting to play VFL all year and simply their to pass on knowledge to other ruckmen.
I would prefer another Darcy Cameron type, not getting a game in the senior team at another club and can grow with the pies.
We don't need to grow another average middle aged ruckman right now, we need to go hard at trying to jag another premiership or two whilst JDG/Maynard/Moore are in the prime and we still have the matchwinning leadership of Pendles/Sidey/Howe/Crisp/Mitchell.

Goldstein is still a way better upgrade on Cox/Cameron. The beauty of topping up with a gun veteran with 1-2 seasons left is that they don't cost any trade capital so doesnt put you at risk of years at the bottom post window to rebuild, and their salary cap impact quickly falls away and you can go again.

Another Tom Mitchell type acquisition would be exactly what we need in our current window.

I just think it's been a pretty clear improvement trend. And he's just hitting the minimum AFL experience level you want as well as the age that many rucks peak. Another preseason in the ruck rather than as a forward should be beneficial and see further improvement.
He also seems to be clunking some pretty good contested marks around the ground now.

I just don't think experience is what he's lacking. Experience won't magically make him able to jump high or well-timed, or possess core strength. He is always the one who gives up the most damaging tapwork to the opposition. I am fully faithful in Goldstein being better next season.

I just don't think experience is what he's lacking. Experience won't magically make him able to jump high or well-timed, or possess core strength. He is always the one who gives up the most damaging tapwork to the opposition. I am fully faithful in Goldstein being better next season.
Another preseason should improve his core strength, which is crucial to both his ruckwork and marking game. Plus I think experience is most crucial to rucks - it's why so many are late developers - many hitouts are won by craft.

Another preseason should improve his core strength, which is crucial to both his ruckwork and marking game. Plus I think experience is most crucial to rucks - it's why so many are late developers - many hitouts are won by craft.
Then why would he be the better option over the most experienced, and one of the most durable ruck in the comp?

Obviously Hine and Wright will be looking to continue evolving and getting the list even better for a consecutive tilt, but how bloody good is it just sitting back and having this short-term feeling of fulfilment.
****ing brilliant!

What happened to Trent Bianco. Looked allright few years ago
Doesn't suit our style. Our game is built on lots of speed on the flanks and wings, which he doesn't have. In a slower build-up team he should have more time to dispose of the ball, which will help him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Trent Bianco. Looked allright few years ago
I think he just can't crack into the best 22 right now. He is a small sized player and there are others in front of him at the moment, Hill, Ginni, Noble, Josh Daicos and probably throw in Mitchell and Oleg just to name a few.

I rate Bianco, he has great foot skills and is hard at the ball. I hope he gets another year extension.

I don't have a problem with Goldy. I reckon he would be a good pickup for anyone in the window. Just not sure what the Cox, Cameron, Goldy roles would be. Cox permanent full forward?? Then Checkers and McStay?????

It will be interesting to see how we strengthen. I have no doubt we will try and bring a couple in, and be on the hunt for any market opportunities that arise. We will need to strengthen the mids at some point in the next 2 years.

It will be interesting to see how we strengthen. I have no doubt we will try and bring a couple in, and be on the hunt for any market opportunities that arise. We will need to strengthen the mids at some point in the next 2 years.
Jhye Clark?
I'd be shocked if we can get Holmes out of Geelong, but Clark would be a terrific long-termer.

I wouldn’t be expecting too much from us this year, reckon next year could be a different story

Which probably isn’t perfect but hey hopefully I’m wrong 😎

The more I think about it, the more into the idea of Goldstein & Doedee I am. Holmes seems unlikely to me, simply because we haven't heard anything on him. Similar to Khamis, who seems to be leaning Bulldogs.

North did pretty well as a stoppage team with Goldy, despite being rubbish and without a permanent coach for much of the year.

Then why would he be the better option over the most experienced, and one of the most durable ruck in the comp?
I'm talking about why Darcy Cameron is likely to still improve. Goldy has been wonderful but he's likely to continue to decline simply because of age. Perhaps Goldstein will be still ahead by next September, but I don't see it as being close to a fait accompli. I'll back whatever the club decides, because there is some merit in it, but I wouldn't do it with where our list is at.

I'm talking about why Darcy Cameron is likely to still improve. Goldy has been wonderful but he's likely to continue to decline simply because of age. Perhaps Goldstein will be still ahead by next September, but I don't see it as being close to a fait accompli. I'll back whatever the club decides, because there is some merit in it, but I wouldn't do it with where our list is at.
"Continue to decline"? Goldstein was better this season than last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back