List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldstein is a great get won't cost much in regards to picks or money.

I can't see an issue.

Doedee is a great get will be out for the first half of the year and if Murphy gets one more concussion that could be it for him, perfect Howe replacement.

Holmes would be huge but unlikely, I love that Finn Macrae almost feels like a new recruit another pre-season into him which will make him almost a best 22 player, he is now ready to go.

Perhaps with the Goldstein link, the coaches weren't happy throughout the year with Cameron's lack of scoring compared to last year, while his ruck output didn't improve. Goldstein is undoubtedly the better tap ruck. Perhaps by giving Cameron more forward time he can rebuild that side of his game and compete heavily with Cox for the forward/ruck position
Cox and Cameron were admirable all year so no issues with them but the thought of Goldstein putting it down the throat of DeGoey, Nick, Pendles and co next year will give our clearance numbers a rocket. At worst hes the best backup ruckman in the comp. If hes fully fit though its crazy to think hes not playing round 1

Goldstein is a great get won't cost much in regards to picks or money.

I can't see an issue.

Doedee is a great get will be out for the first half of the year and if Murphy gets one more concussion that could be it for him, perfect Howe replacement.

Holmes would be huge but unlikely, I love that Finn Macrae almost feels like a new recruit another pre-season into him which will make him almost a best 22 player, he is now ready to go.

Now that 2023 is in the bag my view towards 2024 is more open to topping up.

If Goldstein can play finals at a decent level thats an improvement on our ruckwork this year.

Winning a Premiership always provides a slightly different lens on things.
  • Goldstein makes perfect sense. Been durable and be a valuable asset all round
  • Doedee - would be a good get - do it PIES
  • Holmes - yes please
If we got those 3 in that would be an amazing off season. Still missing that KPF but I guess the Naughton piece might play out in 2024.

We still have significant depth and capability to step up next year
  • Charlie Dean - 2 season out hopefully he can get his body right for 2024.
  • Krueger - he could be anything, or he could be nothing. Just needs to stay fit.
  • Macrae - big pre season and should be aiming for not less than 15 AFL games next year
  • McInnes - another who needs a big pre season - like him as a half fordward rotating into the midelfield
  • Ed Allan - cant wait to see this guy debut next season
  • Harrison - I like a lot and can see him getting more games
Mostly on point.. time to let the kreuger thing go though. Injuries or not he's just no good. Good athlete, poor footballer

Heard a whisper that Howe to retire. We will no doubt be preparing for life after him, but otherwise thought he might go round again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the way he spoke of the struggle to get back from the broken arm, the lows he went through and how important his wife was to get him through it, how he realised how much his family support ment to him and how much he owes them, now nursing 3 broken ribs, i wouldn’t be surprised at all if he retired.

and what a way to do it, with a premiership

Maybe I'm on the outer here but I personally believe the answer to our KPF concerns may already be on the books in the form of big Reef. He has some similarities to Curnow in my eyes, and while I'm not suggesting he'll hit the heights of Charlie - even a "Curnow-lite" fits into our forward line without a doubt.

Both came in to the system with questions over their positions (are they KPF's? Medium forwards? midfielders?) and share similar traits with their size and athleticism. Similar again they've both struggled with injuries early doors, so like what Carlton did with Curnow, I'd love us to settle Reef at FF moving forward and let him develop himself as a permanent KPF.

With Reef's size, power and natural goal sense I can potentially see him becoming a 45-55 goal a season player as a genuine forward for us. Even from the brief glimpses we've seen of him at AFL level (and consistently at VFL level) he has strong forward craft, times his leads well and usually clunks and finishes his work around the sticks. Rather than continue to try and build him into this "Cripss-esque" giant bull midfielder, maybe we just need to focus on what he does have and can become elite at.
Interesting to note that C Curnow and Reef are the same height and only 4kgs heavier. Our young blokes need plenty of game time, consistent game time, not one week in, one week out.

the way he spoke of the struggle to get back from the broken arm, the lows he went through and how important his wife was to get him through it, how he realised how much his family support ment to him and how much he owes them, now nursing 3 broken ribs, i wouldn’t be surprised at all if he retired.

and what a way to do it, with a premiership
He said on the sunday footy show that he has 6 months to get them right, so it sounds like he's going around again.

I'm so happy we are 2023 premiers, so don't really care about 2024..... yet here I am on this thread 😅

Hoping Macrea, Reef, Allen and Ryan play regularly in 2024.

Would be happy with either or both of Doedee and Goldstein, but it's not going to break me if we miss on them.

If we can pull something left field, more than happy with that. But we have enough on the list already to be at the pointy end and contend. With a good run with injuries I don't see why we can't be there again Preliminary Final day, then it's up to the footy gods. I'm glad they smiled upon us this year, can never be taken away from us!

Next year should really be a transition year while also competing for the ultimate prize. Getting games in to Reef, MaCrae, Ryan, Harrison and Allan during the year will get them much needed experience while also allowing the likes of Pendles, Sidebottom , Mitchell , Mihocek and Elliott times to rest the body making sure they are at peak fitness for another finals tilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the evidence that Cameron is improving?
He's only been an AFL player for 3 years. Early 2023 form the best of his career before injury. Clear improvement 20-21 then 21-22. Looked to be clearly improved again, but injury interrupted, however was still much better in 2023 finals than 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back