List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I’m not a fan of bringing in Doedee, it’s not because I feel we already have his quality covered. Those knees give me Scharenberg vibes. Imagine if we brought him in on a 5 year deal and he spent the majority of it on the sidelines 😵‍💫
Don't totally disagree with this, but you know the people I'm talking about. The ones that thing every draft pick we ever make is going to make it as a quality AFL player.

Whilst I’m not a fan of bringing in Doedee, it’s not because I feel we already have his quality covered. Those knees give me Scharenberg vibes. Imagine if we brought him in on a 5 year deal and he spent the majority of it on the sidelines 😵‍💫
A player who has done both left and right ACL’s wanting a big contract to play Howes aerial position? Hard pass for me.

Big rumour circulating Clay Oliver… may not be at Melbourne if true (not at Collingwood either)
Melbourne trying to get Tom Lynch but need to create cap room.

Jordan, Harmes and Grundy (and others) don't create enough space so Oliver has been mentioned.

Oliver has been linked to Sydney from what I have heard.

Don't totally disagree with this, but you know the people I'm talking about. The ones that thing every draft pick we ever make is going to make it as a quality AFL player.
Lucky the actual people in charge now are more objective about footy than fans. A portion of every fanbase forms parasocial relationships with the young, unproven, handsome and scrub players.

Signed, a former Mark McGough, Adam Iaccabucci, Sean Rusling, Brad Dick, David Fanning and Chris Bryan fan 😂

Lucky the actual people in charge now are more objective about footy than fans. A portion of every fanbase forms parasocial relationships with the young, unproven, handsome and scrub players.

Signed, a former Mark McGough, Adam Iaccabucci, Sean Rusling, Brad Dick, David Fanning and Chris Bryan fan 😂
Great post!

Signed: Brad Rowe, Chad Rintoul, Chris Dawes, Brad Dick, Kayle Kirby and Brayden Sier fan

Great post!

Signed: Brad Rowe, Chad Rintoul, Chris Dawes, Brad Dick, Kayle Kirby and Brayden Sier fan
Speaking of Rowe, you’ve just reminded me of Magpies legend Julian Rowe. I was convinced he was going to be the next Collingwood captain after he slotted a couple against the Dons in 05 … Mostly because I liked his haircut.

To be fair I was 12.

Speaking of Rowe, you’ve just reminded me of Magpies legend Julian Rowe. I was convinced he was going to be the next Collingwood captain after he slotted a couple against the Dons in 05 … Mostly because I liked his haircut.

To be fair I was 12.
He went on to a pretty good VFL career.

Billings has a close relationship with Pendles
Not sure his playing style fits what we look for though
After what we've seen bringing in the offcuts the last couple of seasons and how we;ll they've done, I wouldn't be against Billings.

After what we've seen bringing in the offcuts the last couple of seasons and how we;ll they've done, I wouldn't be against Billings.
I think the Fly game plan targets specific traits for that half forward role and I think Billings would lack the pace and finishing to fill that hole.
Best case would be a medium term replacement for Sidey

Just wondering guys what's the deal with the Grundy deal
do we still pay part of his contract?

The correct answer I suspect is we just don't know.

It depends on the way the contract is written and if the contract is directly between Grundy and Collingwood to cover a set amount of $$ over the next 4 years. If this is the case and our contract is directly with Grundy then I suspect we will be liable.

On the other hand, if the contract is with Melbourne, and the player is then traded to a third club (Sydney) then that throws the conversation into a different light. If this is the case I bet Kelly / Browne who would be off to the AFL seeking clarification either allowing the funds back into the cap even if we still have to pay Grundy money

It will be an interesting sideshow I am sure but you can bet Kelly and Browne will be all over it like a rash.

It is amazing to think we have gone from a rabble to a flag in 2 seasons plus paying $600.000 to players playing elsewhere,once we have cleared the books look out we could come for anybody.

I think we have drafted well for 2 decades now save for Beams mark 2 and Wells drafting as a player nothing wrong with him as a bloke just unfortunate he was finished as a player.
Wells wasn’t finished, he had some bloody good games that season, we were unlucky with the knee injury.

And the $600k has to be offset against whatever Hawthorn are chipping in for Wombat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Fly game plan targets specific traits for that half forward role and I think Billings would lack the pace and finishing to fill that hole.
Best case would be a medium term replacement for Sidey

Fairly certain he’s faster than Ginni?

Who realistically can we already add to the GF team?
McStay, Adams, Noble, McInness, Macrae, Krueger & Johnson we know, and all can remain
Hopeful of Ryan, Allen, Harrison & Dean progressing. Keep them all
Not too sure with Carmichael, Bianco, Kelly & Wilson.
I’ve got full faith in Graeme Wright leading the team. His track record is exemplary.

Who realistically can we already add to the GF team?
McStay, Adams, Noble, McInness, Macrae, Krueger & Johnson we know, and all can remain
Hopeful of Ryan, Allen, Harrison & Dean progressing. Keep them all
Not too sure with Carmichael, Bianco, Kelly & Wilson.
I’ve got full faith in Graeme Wright leading the team. His track record is exemplary.
Carmichael will stay, they are working through a contract for him.

Wells wasn’t finished, he had some bloody good games that season, we were unlucky with the knee injury.

And the $600k has to be offset against whatever Hawthorn are chipping in for Wombat.
I don’t remember the exact number but Wells had played something like 15 games in his previous 3 seasons at North so I always felt it was a pretty bad and highly risky signing for us.

Wouldn't be all that surprised if we had a retirement or two this week.
Howe and Elliot seem the most likely given their bodies look very much shot.

Does the allure of 1 more go keep them going? or do they go out on a high?

Certainly would change the landscape of our offseason if that were to happen.

Wouldn't be all that surprised if we had a retirement or two this week.
Howe and Elliot seem the most likely given their bodies look very much shot.

Does the allure of 1 more go keep them going? or do they go out on a high?

Certainly would change the landscape of our offseason if that were to happen.

Howe has talked about recovery timeframes for next season already, so he isn’t sounding like a man ready to hang up the boots.

The Craig Kelly comments are quite interesting. Perhaps we might target similar types to Tom Mitchell and bring those types into the club for 2-3 strong years before moving on. Players for low draft capital with salary contributions from the trading club.

“It’s going to have to be more of a strategy a bit like what Geelong has looked like… still go to the draft and get the right players but we’ve got to have the ability to go and get someone to come in for a couple of years, and it might only be two years.” “We’re up against it”: Pies CEO addresses draft controversy
Would love another Tom Mitchell and Oleg Markov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back