List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still blows my mind he got out unscathed.
Think the good stuff gave Hirdy a 3 day boner?

Goody was described as the best/worst witness the AFL had ever come across. Because of his experience with AFL inquiries during his playing days(4 bets on footy totalling over $16k if you don't mind), his tactic was to SAY NOTHING to the AFL.

He just sat there saying, "I don't remember, "I don't know", "not that I can recall". Wonderful stuff.

Another rubbery "expected" stat.
How is the average determined?
Does it take into account kicks under pressure?
Coaching instructions & game plan?
Can't beat the eyeball test.
Well, I'm sure it's not fool proof as with any stat. And it is but only 1 of a myriad of stats out there. It may take into kicks under pressure, but really it shouldn't matter. Turnovers are damaging, and even more so in the current game. Whether you miss a target under pressure or not, the result is the same, in that it transfers the advantage to the opposition.
The fact is clubs pay good $$ for this information so, despite what we all think they must be valued.

To be fair, when you see Melbourne's midfielders listed as pretty much the worst in the game in that categorically, it does help to explain alot. It could be coaching instruction to just kick it forward, but I think it would be surprising if a coach instructs players to simply kick it without at least aiming to get it to their teammates' advantage.

Suns delisted Brodie McLaughlin.
Interest?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Weren’t we after Fiorini last season?

Will we have another crack? Had a decent season in 2023 and he’s a Pies supporter

Im likin this. Give us some more depth.

Depth won’t want to come to us unless they are delisted and hoping for a lifeline. The only players of value who might come to us are those who have been given an expectation of senior games i.e. they might cost a bit.

Xavier Duursma? Seems a perfect replacement for the WHE/sidey types we seem to like moving up and down the ground. Feel like his value would align pretty well with our first pick

Weren’t we after Fiorini last season?

Will we have another crack? Had a decent season in 2023 and he’s a Pies supporter
From what I can tell, he extended his contract smoothed out the money earlier this year. But nothing is impossible, guess it depends on how Dimma rates him.

Another rubbery "expected" stat.
How is the average determined?
Does it take into account kicks under pressure?
Coaching instructions & game plan?
Can't beat the eyeball test.
Its not a conspiracy theory that Oliver is a poor user of the ball. Its always been the knock on him. This year his DE was 67% which ranks him 484th in the comp. His kicking efficiency was an absolutely woeful 52%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disposal efficiency doesn't exist in a vacuum - Oliver's is exacerbated by the fact he has Gawn, Viney and Petracca around him, who are also clearance mids. Put more outside runners around Oliver and his disposal efficiency is likely to improve, as he should then have the option of handballing to an overlapping mid, rather than fighting for the pill with Gawn, Viney and Petracca.

Hello Pies fans! Congrats on the flag, and welcome to the 16 club! May your next drought be as long and as fruitless as ours and Carlton's since we got to 16 😬

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Maggie5 you may like to sticky this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), and perhaps copy to your draft thread.

Think the good stuff gave Hirdy a 3 day boner?

Goody was described as the best/worst witness the AFL had ever come across. Because of his experience with AFL inquiries during his playing days(4 bets on footy totalling over $16k if you don't mind), his tactic was to SAY NOTHING to the AFL.

He just sat there saying, "I don't remember, "I don't know", "not that I can recall". Wonderful stuff.
sounds like an ex state premier

Disposal efficiency doesn't exist in a vacuum - Oliver's is exacerbated by the fact he has Gawn, Viney and Petracca around him, who are also clearance mids. Put more outside runners around Oliver and his disposal efficiency is likely to improve, as he should then have the option of handballing to an overlapping mid, rather than fighting for the pill with Gawn, Viney and Petracca.
Simple solution - trade Petracca to Collingwood.;)

Its not a conspiracy theory that Oliver is a poor user of the ball. Its always been the knock on him. This year his DE was 67% which ranks him 484th in the comp. His kicking efficiency was an absolutely woeful 52%.
I wasn't trying to defend Oliver - just saying that all these "expected" stats are snake oil.
Yes, his disposal is poor.
People bag Tay Adams, but Tay is a sharpshooter compared to Oliver.

So why does Oliver need to move in with Gawn and be baby sitted. What's going on there?
If l was Oliver, and my club was telling me you need to be looked after by big Maxy like a child, l'm leaving!!
Apparently Oliver and Goodwin got into a heated argument at the exit meeting. Sounds to me Oliver doesn't want to really be there. Let him go to Carlton and they can pick up his $7M contract whilst losing McKay to Melbourne. That would be the destruction of two clubs in one trade. Killing two birds with one stone.
I'd pay good money to watch that play out...

So why does Oliver need to move in with Gawn and be baby sitted. What's going on there?
If l was Oliver, and my club was telling me you need to be looked after by big Maxy like a child, l'm leaving!!
Apparently Oliver and Goodwin got into a heated argument at the exit meeting. Sounds to me Oliver doesn't want to really be there. Let him go to Carlton and they can pick up his $7M contract whilst losing McKay to Melbourne. That would be the destruction of two clubs in one trade. Killing two birds with one stone.
Oliver will be traded for next to nothing, I have it on good authority that he’s off the rails. Worse than Beams. If there is even a rumour that we might trade for him I’ll be straight on the phone to the club. Stay away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back