List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm just talking about what has occurred. We've had about half a dozen contracted blokes that we've delisted and then re-drafted and other clubs have gone further and delisted and paid them out.

You've obviously seen one. Does the contract say that they have to remain on the list? Or something else that would mean that?
The wording is, which I don't think has changed, "Without limiting the right of the AFL Club to terminate this Contract where the player's name is deleted from the AFL Club List, this contract may be terminated by...
then lists misconduct etc.

So to me, that suggests the contract can be simply terminated by removing a player's name from a list but without some sort of agreement from the player, that would automatically trigger payout obligations.

In practice, I couldn't imagine a club going down the delist/relist process with a contracted player unless there was some sort of(simple) agreement in place.

Anyone got a graph or anything to say how many players we have on our list at what current age? As much as I enjoy our list balance position-wise, it'd be good to get good balance age wise, just so we can prevent mass retirement etc. and the cliff that comes with it.

The JDG/Moore/Maynard draft was a great one but is there still a hole around that Scharenberg/Freeman time?
Good question. Have been thinking the same thing and prompted me to take a closer look at our age profiles. List Mgmt. - Premiership window - list age profile

Scharenberg/Freeman was prior to JDG/Moore/Maynard draft so we are fine there. We probably just want to have better top tier quality to complement the Jaicos/Quaynor/Hill group when they takeover from JDG/Moore/Maynard in 3 years time. But that can be addressed with a big 27 year old FA signing.

The wording is, which I don't think has changed, "Without limiting the right of the AFL Club to terminate this Contract where the player's name is deleted from the AFL Club List, this contract may be terminated by...
then lists misconduct etc.

So to me, that suggests the contract can be simply terminated by removing a player's name from a list but without some sort of agreement from the player, that would automatically trigger payout obligations.

In practice, I couldn't imagine a club going down the delist/relist process with a contracted player unless there was some sort of(simple) agreement in place.
Fair enough. Would the payout be more than the contract?

Probably isn't that hard to get agreement to delist and then re-rookie. Blokes going to stay on an AFL list either way - probably better for him to get re-drafted somewhere else where he'll get 2 years rather than 1 and a very likely delisting from his current club.

Are we a chance to look at Haynes if GWS pay a fair chunk of his salary?
Yep I like this. He's quality and better player than Doedee. Feel like our biggest depth issue for next season is key intercept back. If injury prone Moore/Howe are out, replacing them with Frampton/Dean doesn't help our team defense strategy.

He would come for no trade capital and his salary impact will fall off pretty quickly in 2-3 years whilst providing quality leadership and improvement to our backline.

If you're talking about say Doedee then surely you can understand his position?

He's just off his second reco. If Brisbane offered him 5 years at "whatever" and we only offered 3 years then you can understand why he would take the 5, particularly to go to a club also in contention that also has a good culture (barring Zorko)?

He just wanted to be able to hear his song of choice blaring over the Gabba speaker system once a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Besides, Checkers kicked more goals than Naughton this season.....👌
0.1 more goals per game and Naughton is 7 years younger, playing as a target alongside an emerging JUH rather than just being the main banana like Checkers has been for the bulk of the year.

Have you read a standard playing contract?
I’m curious to read one an actual one. I read a loose template as part of a sports management class I was taking but nothing concrete.

Did you
Kinda funny how Melbourne would move a player who’s on the gear into the blokes house who’s very likely supplying the gear to him, then again the bloke who made that decision sounds like his on it as well
Melbourne 2023 reeks of West Coast 2007 but with a coach who parties with the boys instead.

I tried trade radio but with our likely somewhat non existent trade period and all the stupid pointless trades talked about I’ve stopped!

List wise we can contend next season, but we surely do have a drop off coming. Wrights got his hands full replacing our over 30’s with the lack of picks we have.

A flag softens this atleast!
Post nut clarity 🤣

Duursma is a bit underwhelming and flaky (soft) for mine.

Would much prefer to back in the Ed Allan, Harvey Harrison types as potential Sidey wing replacements.

I also think Noble will be better suited to a wing than off half-back given his oft 1v1 struggles
Here come the "don't recruit Tom Mitchell we have Finn Macrae, don't recruit Dan McStay we have Nathan Kreuger" people all over again 🥱

I also think Noble will be better suited to a wing than off half-back given his oft 1v1 struggles

I think the premise is wrong. Steele would be involved in more one on ones than Noble - both in the heart of defence and on the wing.

These are highlights, so obviously only present a small snapshot of his good moments, but to me he appears to be a decent sized flank/wing who presents as a scoring threat that's capable of kicking a goal or two or is involved in scoring chains.

Given where he's currently at with Port Adelaide, I expect that he has some deficiencies that require work and, together with injury, are most likely the reasons why he hasn't continued to progress as quickly as his 2019 and 2021 seasons.

Obviously highlights, but he looks like one hell of a kick in those highlights.

Here come the "don't recruit Tom Mitchell we have Finn Macrae, don't recruit Dan McStay we have Nathan Kreuger" people all over again 🥱
In my opinion Noble will only ever be a good squad/backup player. Markov has clearly surpassed him as a back pocket and has greater size, speed and strength. As a wing, I'd be very concerned about Noble's overhead marking, his disposal and his decision-making.

Obviously highlights, but he looks like one hell of a kick in those highlights.
His disposal looks pretty sound. I like his height and it seems his willingness to get forward - in most of those highlights he is either finishing a scoring chain or is the kick going into 50.

No idea what his defensive game is like, but his size and athleticism looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back