List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hearing that Murphy is retiring with a little push from the AFL. Might be why Will Kelly hasn’t been delisted yet.

Sounds like b/s. So the suggestion is that a few days after his concussion the afl is pushing for his retirement? They ain’t that sophisticated. Maybe pushing for a medical panel review sounds a bit more believable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with everything the club has done. Bianco and Ruscoe were really good depth players and that's looking a concern for next year. Will need some really good growth out of Ryan, Allan and McRae. Wouldn't mind some defensive insurance.
Hopefully we bring in players during the trade period which if we do, will surely be better than Bianco and Ruscoe. Otherwise I agree with you.

Also, given he actually passed the concussion test, that doesn't scream immediate retirement with the AFL also getting involved for some reason.
concussion tests are not always conclusive, as he said in an interview, he’s memorised the answers but put himself out because he was experiencing symptoms ie blurred vision. The afl maybe pushing for a medical review panel but they wouldn’t be pushing for immediate retirement without first going through the process.

Given Kelly also hasn’t been re-signed yet I suspect he could be in the Poulter slot. We want to see what eventuates through the trade and free agency period. Nepotism may have played a part but I suspect his height may also have been a factor.

I reckon we're waiting on trades. If we bring someone in he may be in trouble. If we can't he'll get a reprieve.

Wicks, Hayward, Florent, McCartin would be my main 4 I would want. Florent and McCartin as future defensive pieces and Wicks and Hayward for Forwards.

If we get anyone it would likely be Wicks but would love a Florent or McCartin
Lolllllllllllllllll Florent or McCartin 💀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trey Ruscoe, Trent Bianco, Tom Wilson, Arlo Draper and Cooper Murley delisted.

Kelly remains 😂

Kelly and Begg. I reckon we're waiting to see what eventuates with other trades in or out re: talls.

Let’s get a little perspective - Petracca and Oliver also butcher the ball, but just like TA other parts of their game them make them impactful.
Stop moving the goal posts.... You commented that comments about Adams kicking was hollow because of his goal assists. His kicking is a concern. Nobody has commented on his impact.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with everything the club has done. Bianco and Ruscoe were really good depth players and that's looking a concern for next year. Will need some really good growth out of Ryan, Allan and McRae. Wouldn't mind some defensive insurance.
Admittedly we had a good run with our flankers, but Bianco and Trey played one and a half games between them - with Bianco's half being a shocker. You'd think we'd be able to cover their contribution easily without losing anything at all.

This was in today's HS

Collingwood vice-captain Taylor Adams’ desire for more midfield time could see him seek a trade to Sydney next week, with the Swans eager to add his leadership and contested-ball winning talents to their young on-ball brigade.
Adams, 30, was one of the heartbreaking stories of the Magpies’ premiership success, having missed the club’s last two finals due to a hamstring strain.

But a series of key meetings in the coming days will determine where Adams will play his football next season.

He has fielded strong interest from the Swans to make him part of their 2024 midfield core, where he could reunite with his former Pies teammate Brodie Grundy, who will head to the Harbour City in a trade.

Adams will meet with Collingwood coach Craig McRae and general manager of football Graham Wright within the next 48 hours to discuss his future.

He will travel to Europe on Sunday, but is expected to conduct an online interview with Swans officials early next week before making a final decision on his future.

He still has one more season left on his current Collingwood contract, but the Swans could potentially offer more security for Adams in any deal for 2024 and beyond.

The Swans are a low contested possession team and will be missing midfielder Callum Mills for the early part of the 2024 season after his recent mishap, so securing Adams in a trade could help to alleviate some of those concerns.

He has worked successfully with Grundy in the past and the Swans believe the experienced pair can play a huge part in boosting the club’s midfield stocks, along with the inclusion of Melbourne premiership player James Jordon, who joins the club as a free agent.

Adams is one of Collingwood’s most popular players, playing 175 of his 206 games with the Magpies. He would have played in last Saturday’s grand final if he had not been injured.

He played a selfless role at half forward for much of this season, with his leadership playing a part in the Magpies’ push deep into September.

Adams won credit for ruling himself out of the grand final on the Tuesday before the clash with Brisbane, knowing he wasn’t 100 per cent right to play, and for supporting teammates on an emotional grand final day.

A trade to Sydney could be a win-win scenario for all involved.

It would mean the Swans would have access to a player they believe can help them push deep into the finals next year after bowing out in the elimination final to Carlton this year, while it would also provide more opportunities for young Magpies including Fin Macrae and Ed Allan.

It would also free up a more permanent forward line slot for Jack Ginnivan.

Adams faces an agonising decision as he balances his genuine investment in the Magpies’ group alongside his desire to play his more natural crash and bash midfield role.

He has endured a challenging past few seasons, missing key games in the past two finals series with groin and soft-tissue injuries. But, leaving aside his finals injury this year, he did manage an equal career-best 23 games in 2023, playing in an unfamiliar defensive half forward role.

Checking, is this correct?

Bianco - freed up 1 main list spot
Ruscoe - freed up 1 main list spot
Draper - freed up 1 main list spot
Murley - freed up 1 rookie spot
Wilson - freed up 1 Cat B rookie spot
Markov would need an extra rookie spot because he was using Deans spot.

Checking, is this correct?

Bianco - freed up 1 main list spot
Ruscoe - freed up 1 main list spot
Draper - freed up 1 main list spot
Murley - freed up 1 rookie spot
Wilson - freed up 1 Cat B rookie spot

Murley was drafted to the main list. I can't remember if he was delisted and redrafted to the rookie list. I think he may be a main list spot but not 100% on that.

Disagree, if we can turn Jordy around both on and off field then we can turn Thomas around too.

Yes his previous conduct is/was disgraceful, but it would be on him to take the second chance he has been given by the courts and grow up with respect to his attitudes towards women.

Same goes for his football career. He has all the tools, just needs to get the bit above the shoulders right.
It's best not to trade for someone with issues because if it doesn't pay off, it's a bad deal. Look at Beams. Thomas would have to really, really, really want to change his behaviour. Jordy decided he wanted to change his behaviour and we've seen the results. Not to sure whether Thomas does given he couldn't pass a mandatory behavioural modification course to satisfactory levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back