List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frampton is hot garbage as a forward, he already failed at two clubs playing that role and frankly it was poor coaching from Fagan in the grand final to allow him to occupy Andrews for 3/4 of the game. Of all our tall options he's the one I’d have as a last resort, frankly he was incredibly lucky that AJ was injured and Kreuger wasn’t really match ready for grand final day.
You are polar opposite of what I think.
Frampton is a premiership forward.
Played his role.
If not for nerves he would have topped it off with a couple of goals.
No problem though, just differing opinions.
Krueger is never match ready.
We could have well lost with him or even McStay playing that day.
Frampton nullified Andrews.

I'm thinking that McStay's injury, while tragic, opens up an opportunity for an additional 2 train on players, 3 if we also use the remaining spot we already had. I'd like to see us look at couple of kids who got overlooked during the drafts with an eye on longer term potential. We've already got 5 SSP train on players who fit the here and now list needs so why not broaden our horizons. We've already got enough depth on the list to fill the 2024 McStay void and they're likely better options than anyone we invite to train, so why not. McStay to the LTI list (or whatever it's called now) and 3 kids given a crack.

Played his role.
Fagan nullified Andrews. He should never have been assigned to look after the least dangerous forward on the park.

Fagan nullified Andrews. He should never have been assigned to look after the least dangerous forward on the park.
Frampton would have followed him wherever he went.

The least dangerous forward?
Your Fagan tale is ridiculous.
If I was Fagan I'd put my money on Andrews having a day out.
He did in the last quarter.

Frampton would have followed him wherever he went.

The least dangerous forward?
Your Fagan tale is ridiculous.
If I was Fagan I'd put my money on Andrews having a day out.
He did in the last quarter.
Yes, he did in the last quarter because he finally stopped worrying about what Frampton was doing and played his natural game.

Yes, the least dangerous forward. Are you suggesting that our other forwards were less of a threat than Billy?

He’s a competent defender and can ruck in a pinch, but forward? Nah 👎

Can Travis Cloke come out of Retirement?
Omg I would seriously die. That clip of him absolutely toweling up Rance came up on my feed the other day. Lets him know everytime too he kicked all 6 goals. Still looks fit as well when I saw him on the news at essendons training.

We don’t know what Reef will become at this point. He’s still a baby in terms of tall forwards, just because he doesn’t have the body for it yet doesn’t mean he won’t in the future.

Yeah, he's 194cm and got some pretty broad shoulders on him. Heard bucks on sen the other day say forward for now, midfield later on. I'd be happy if he got some more games

Get Brodie McLaughlin

Come on just because some flog media person drops a name, doesn’t mean he’ll be the next big thing, the guy is just a player

Reality is, we have the best small forwards in the game now so we only need Checkers and another decoy

McStay is a loss but he only had 3-4 good moments when he played in 2023

AJ, Kruger, Cameron, Cox, Frampton & maybe Teakle can all pinch hit

If and maybe a SSP or one of our bigger kids can breakout, we can still go B2B without any concerns

I don't know anything about this guy, except that he's roughly the same size as AJ & Reef. Does he offer anything they don't?

Hopefully just depth for a team going back to back

A 1 year contract 🤷‍♂️

I’m not overly inspired by the several players training for those spots

Best we chase positional depth rather than follow a mindless ‘best available’ mantra that will net us players never in contention for a game even when injuries hit

Come on just because some flog media person drops a name, doesn’t mean he’ll be the next big thing, the guy is just a player

Reality is, we have the best small forwards in the game now so we only need Checkers and another decoy

If and maybe a SSP or one of our bigger kids can breakout, we can still go B2B without any concerns

You’re failing to understand the target he provided… the stats back up how often we kicked it to him

McStay’s a loss… hence the scramble to find some depth in that position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the opp is there to bring in the VFL's top goal scorer....Not a bad idea mate. Goals do win games of footy...

Played his role.
The other factor is Frampton's role was something he hadn't done all season & it was a stop gap because we lost McStay.
Imagine Fly saying to him " you're playing in the granny, Billy, and this is what you'll be doing."
I think whatever he is asked to do, he'll have a red hot crack.
He's not a star, but he did some good odd job work this year.

Smaller side of a key forward - About 194cm however 26 years of age and battle hardened. More of a Mihocek 2.0

The bloke was the leading goal scorer in the VFL for 2023 - No mug
I guess if we have the spots available to trial more SSP's & the club sees him as a potential fit, it can't hurt to give him that opportunity given what happened today.

I guess if we have the spots available to trial more SSP's & the club sees him as a potential fit, it can't hurt to give him that opportunity given what happened today.
He was behind Lukosius, King & even Casboult, and they were always going to land Walter, so he wasn't going to get a game there.
His VFL record is nothing to be sneezed at.

He was behind Lukosius, King & even Casboult, and they were always going to land Walter, so he wasn't going to get a game there.
His VFL record is nothing to be sneezed at.
Wonder why we hadn't already asked him to trial with us then...

Hine can be very stubborn on key position players
No key position forward players have presented themselves to us in years. It doesn't help when we often finish a season in the top 8.
I don't even think their are many in the system that are to great.
Carlton have a couple and look where they are.
King brothers average in my opinion.
We just won a GF without one.
Dunno

Played his role.
By the time round one roles around, I expect us to have lost Kreuger to some freak accident caused by him crashing and bashing. I would be surprised if he is offered a new deal. Not a lack of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back