Game Day Community Series- Nmfc v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarrant leaves a giant hole. Corr got found up in the same situation. We need McKay & Tarrant starting every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was wondering about that. Who would he be matching up against if Taz was there, and how much more organised would they be as a unit.

That said, you can only judge what you see and defensively I don't think JZ gets a pass mark so far. Early days, but not exactly what you want to be seeing.

Watching from Tel Aviv Israel, loving the look of the kids, Powell is burning it up! Zeibell is a worry getting towelled up; what is his position if he struggles in the backline as he’s been tried everywhere else!

loving the look of a game being played at Arden Street, bringing back memories of times gone by and wish I was there

It’s not that he is getting an arse kicking, it’s just he has NFI how to play the role.

Good defenders know when to impact the contest and when to hold their defensive position. Ziebell just get attracted to the wrong spots, it’s a bloke that has played see ball get ball his whole career and has no feel for being a defender.

Hodge was so good at the role even though he was slow, because of his ability to position himself.

You make good points...I can really only say I hope he gets better but you are correct.

Powell looks very likely
Stevo adds class
Simpkin is really good but let’s himself down with disposal
Corr excellent
Ldu yes
Larkey getting going now

Remember most of these blokes have not been on the park together Ever
But yeah those last 2 on JZ.....that would not have happened with Thommo Or Spud
A real worry
People forget how good Scooter was. If he played for a big 4 club he would be rated as one of the best defenders going around when he played.

Not sure about the negativity on here so far given where we are at.

At the ground, obvious game game is quick through the corridor - led to plenty of turnovers and easy scoring, but at least it is attacking.

Watching Powell without the ball, knows where to be - can’t kick yet, but he can play footy.

Players still learning the new game plan and structure as well, which will take time.

It won’t be a great year for wins and losses, but happy with how the future might look for now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree as Taz a gun.

But Ziebell is simply not a backman.

Bin it now imo for his and our benefit.

You may well be proven right about Ziebell in the end, CG. However, I’m guessing we’ll persist until R2, regardless. Any experiment needs to be given time, I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may well be proven right about Ziebell in the end, CG. However, I’m guessing we’ll persist until R2, regardless. Any experiment needs to be given time, I think.

Mate I don't care if I'm right, it's simply what's best is all I care about.

I hated the idea to start with, and off what I've seen since I hate it even more.

We could really use him up fwd.......It's just so counter productive but sure I reckon we'll persist as you say.

It's only a praccie so I'm not concerned (Well, not too much) yet.

I'm a huge wrap for Hayden but why does he keep turning it over? His kicks seem good off boot yet direct to opposition.

Strange.
I ask the same question of most of the team.

Two highlights so far have been:

- Powell’s gather and direction change before feeding it out
- LDU’s burst out of the middle after receiving from Jy

That’s the future of our club right there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back