Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors Season 27 Team Thread - #CIW10 Now with more 00000000000000000’s

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm finding it hard to get excited for footy this year. I don't know why but some of the rule changes are a bit s**t and I know bombers will just disappoint me again haha
You're up this week, supersub off the bench :thumbsu:
SOOOOO excited to watch footy tonight even if it is Essendon and Geelong in some Mickey Mouse comp! Been cooking up a storm for my footy mad family :D

J91JuiV.png

Round 4 - Heritage Round

Wazzas v East Side Hawks at Waverley Park

giphy.gif

In what was a winning celebration of our 10 seasons in the Sweet F.A, we officially marked the historic occasion by tackling one of our bogey sides in the comp, the East Side Hawks at their home ground of Waverley Park as we recognised Heritage Round across the comp. Once again we were too good when it counted, as we bested the Hawks by 16 points in a close one.

So we maintain our position atop the ladder, percentage ahead of the Dees equal on 4 wins.

1552307964004.png

In a rematch of our finals match up from S26, we exacted revenge on a new look Hawks outfit. Coach Hardie rang in the changes, spinning the magnets in what was an inexplicable display of experimentation.

Woosh, after a best on display last week, was dragged from ruck in the first quarter, followed by a number of bizarre positional changes from what seemed to be a winning formula to start the season. These changes however saw a rejuvenated Moo (9 hitouts, 23 touches, 4 tackles) hold his own in a tight contest with reigning TFLUA Tiger medallist The Half Back, and workhorse candiehappy perform well in a second half cameo on the inside.

Once again pantskyle (25 disposals and a goal), zackah (21 disposals and 4 marks) and DapperJong (18 touches and a goal) were dominant in midfield, Morganashlee was influential off the half back flank, while Itsmyshow and Raveneyes hit the scoreboard with a handy 3 goals a piece, complimented by leobarryustar (15 possessions, 5 marks and a goal).

Still, the game was closer than it ever should have been, and Hardie has done himself no favours.

1552308385246.png

It was another low key week in the match thread, with a number of high profile posters barely managing a whimper. A number of key Warriors had a lighter week on the track, however a number of our young brigade stepped up and were vocal during the week.

In case you missed it, a Hawks rookie literally shitposted, he also professed his love for pants, candiehappy found himself surrounded by idiots, DapperJong’s a DJ, and the Hawks celebrated their inactives.

This week we’re back at Van Cortlandt for Round 5 hosting BRAB’s Gumbies, get around it. :thumbsu:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ors-vs-gumbies-ffc-van-cortlant-park.1213455/

#thestreak #CIW10 #sackhardie

Get those votes in Wazzas! Let’s get them in for last week etc if you missed too. :padlock:

#FrankstonRoverMedal Wooshette

1. pantskyle
2. Moo
3. zackah
4. DapperJong
5. Morganashlee

What the actual ****?

If I hadn't been in an alcohol-induced coma for the past 3 months I'd seriously take offense to that.
lol where the * have you been?!

Don't drag me dickhead. :mad:

Dragged Woosh too, must've been off your ****. :drunk:

Last edited:
I have been camping out whoop whoop at a festival getting off my **** and out of this planet listening to EDM music.

But now I am back home and back on this planet. Good to see we had a win even though I did SFA... see what I did there.

Whats the dirt on the gumbies?

Terrific write up again TIF, thank you so much to our VC's pants and TIF for holding down the fort while I'm temporarily indisposed

Round 4 #FrankstonRoverMedal Wooshette

5. pantskyle
4. leobarryustar
3. zackah
2. DapperJong
1. Morganashlee

Itsmyshow candiehappy CM9000 Frankston Rover miss_kate18 BigJoeD_ comewhatmay Raveneyes craffles Norm Landrover harry000 Smoooothy Freofalcon TheInjuryFactory Packedlunch Reginald Perrin Bet on Blue Lord_Flashheart BoshtrichBurger

Thank you to those who have voted, those who haven't please get your votes in.
Format like this
Round 4 #frankstonrovermedal Wooshette

Thanks all

I have been camping out whoop whoop at a festival getting off my **** and out of this planet listening to EDM music.

But now I am back home and back on this planet. Good to see we had a win even though I did SFA... see what I did there.

Whats the dirt on the gumbies?
They are s**t and haven't had a competent captain for 7 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5
Wazzas v Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Well first loss of the year Wazzas, with Fryer Tuck’s BRAB’s haydo’s Gumbies defeating us at home by 13 points.

The loss brings a sad end to the early season edition of #thestreak.

giphy.gif

Still, thanks to some favourable results across the competition we manage to hold first spot.

1552817071687.png
Inaccuracy was the difference in the end, with the Gumbies' making the most of their opportunities and proving more accurate up front despite less scoring shots, 27 to our 29.

pants strong start to the season continued as he led our midfield with a whopping 20 kicks from 24 touches to go with 7 tackles and 2 goals. zackah (22 and a goal) and DapperJong (18 disposals) toiled on the wings, while in form forward Smoooothy was lively with 2 goals to go with his 16 possessions.

1552816410724.png

It was super low key week in the match thread, with haydo and a bunch of s**t truck rookies and that was about it from them, while the majority of our squad were given a week off the track by #sackhardie.

In case you missed it, well, it’s 12 pages so shouldn’t take you long to catch up.

Next week we’re off to Baghdad to take on the controversial Bombers at Abdu Prison.

Stay tuned for more to come on this early in the week. ;)

Until we streak again.

#thestreak #CIW10 #sackhardie

Get your votes in Wazzas

#FrankstonRoverMedal Wooshette

5. pantskyle
4. zackah
3. TheInjuryFactory
2. Smoooothy
1. DapperJong

Last edited:
8B77AED1-102C-4CF6-8B86-440570DE0E1A.png

Itsmyshow candiehappy CM9000 Frankston Rover zackah Moo miss_kate18 BigJoeD_ comewhatmay Raveneyes craffles Norm Landrover harry000 Smoooothy Freofalcon TheInjuryFactory Packedlunch Morganashlee Reginald Perrin Bet on Blue leobarryustar Lord_Flashheart BoshtrichBurger DapperJong

This week we celebrate pantskyle 's 2000th game in the SFA. He's very excited to be playing his milestone against the Bombers as we all are, so get around him in a week we can really sink the boots in, should be a pasting on and off field.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...vs-coney-island-warriors-abdu-prison.1213875/

Thanks to TIF for the great graphics and beautiful commemorative pants :hearts:
261_1423523573l.jpg

Itsmyshow candiehappy CM9000 Frankston Rover zackah Moo miss_kate18 BigJoeD_ comewhatmay Raveneyes craffles Norm Landrover harry000 Smoooothy Freofalcon TheInjuryFactory Packedlunch Morganashlee Reginald Perrin Bet on Blue leobarryustar Lord_Flashheart BoshtrichBurger DapperJong

This week we celebrate pantskyle 's 2000th game in the SFA. He's very excited to be playing his milestone against the Bombers as we all are, so get around him in a week we can really sink the boots in, should be a pasting on and off field.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...vs-coney-island-warriors-abdu-prison.1213875/

Thanks to TIF for the great graphics and beautiful commemorative pants :hearts:
261_1423523573l.jpg
2000 games?

Party time.

Dance.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back