Welcome CONFIRMED - Nathan Kreuger to join Geelong (pick 42 to Carlton)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goyoucatters

Premiership Player
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I've been pondering if maybe we just shouldn't let Menzel play before the bye at all.
Won't be many games for him to get himself right, though.

Particularly given the fact he'll have to join with the rest of the team in sitting out the game directly after the bye as well.

:mad:

The Unforgiven

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
He's still only a 19 year old KPF, and he's only played 13 senior games. Let's temper expectations a little.
He did kick 22 goals in those 13 senior appearances. I agree that expectation should be tempered, but the kid has definitely got a bit to be excited about.

CatRiot

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon he will play majority of 2019 in the VFL system. His body still needs more maturing for AFL level, even as a 3rd tall forward.

I do like his attributes though, a good solid foundation to build from.

Max Milburn

Premiership Player
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
We are all just guessing now.
He may or may not step straight into the best 22, but I for one was totally taken by surprise by his selection.
Looking forward to seeing him develop. At least he physically looks ready for the challenge...

Landgraft

Premiership Player
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I think #LandShark is going to be my boy from this year unless something unexpected happens

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon he will play majority of 2019 in the VFL system. His body still needs more maturing for AFL level, even as a 3rd tall forward.

I do like his attributes though, a good solid foundation to build from.
I agree. He definitely still needs to develop. He in one of those athletic types who needs to grow into his body a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats_09

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

CatRiot

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Nathan KREUGER (South Adelaide)

2018 SANFL
Totals

• 13 games
  • 22 goals
  • 9 behinds

Averages
  • 6.0 kicks
  • 3.0 handballs
  • 9.0 disposals
  • 4.5 marks
  • 2.0 tackles
  • 1.2 frees for
  • 1.3 frees against
  • 54.00 Dream Team points
I wanted to compare Harry Taylor in his year's in the WAFL as a young mature player comparison.

It seems Harry was dominating WAFL both Forward and Back with his stats, and is probably not the right yardstick as a player comparison to Kreuger.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/1117

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
I wanted to compare Harry Taylor in his year's in the WAFL as a young mature player comparison.

It seems Harry was dominating WAFL both Forward and Back with his stats, and is probably not the right yardstick as a player comparison to Kreuger.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/1117
Thanks for that:

At a glance , Kreuger looks OK on the marks side. Down a bit on possessions.

He was playing his first senior year whereas Harry played 39 games over two senior years. Harry's possession where much higher in second year - as you would expect. if he is half as good as Harry we have a winner.

Lets hope this kid goes well. (If his number is 15) he looked to be a nice solid unit ( training at Deakin) and lack of physical preparation wont hold him back.

CatRiot

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd love to compare Kreuger to Noah Gown from the Bombers in the next year or two.

Kreuger has an extra year of development under his belt, but we may need at least 2-4 years to get a good comparison understanding.

foxdog50

Premium Gold
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Any Reports on how Kreuger been playing in the 2s practise games????

FredLeDeux

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Top Bottom