Toast Congratulations Harry McKay - 2021 Coleman Medallist 🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care about the Coleman for Harry, but I do care about the AA spot it would give him. It would be cruel to have it stolen by a couple of big bags while he is injured. Maybe he gets in as one of two tall forwards anyway.

I don't care about the Coleman for Harry, but I do care about the AA spot it would give him. It would be cruel to have it stolen by a couple of big bags while he is injured. Maybe he gets in as one of two tall forwards anyway.
I really hope he gets both. I think if both him and Charlie are firing, it'll be tough for one or the other to get the Coleman in the future. Harry has capitalised on being dominant but also being the only viable target all year.

I think he can still make AA in future years (being able to pass to Charlie will improve goal assists and allow him to take turns playing the link-up person), but Coleman is a bit more special as there can only be one!

Edit: what a dumbass (me), obviously multiple allowed if there's a draw

Think he has the highest avg goals per game for a player who's kicked lots of goals this year so you would think that carries as much if not more weight than total goals

I would like Harry to get an AA spot and I think he deserves it.

However if he does somehow miss out... I can see him coming back next year hungrier and more desperate. Which wouldn't hurt Harry....

One of Hawkins or Riewoldt need to kick 6 goals in both of their next 2 games. Geelong play Saints and Melbourne, Richmond have Hawthorn and GWS.

Although it might seem far fetched, we do know that teams typically target their Coleman hopefuls in their last couple games.

Or kick 10 and 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a huge fan of McKay and have been in here a bit (as I bet him coleman preseason)

The one downfall for him is going to be his body. After only ever having 1 preseason so far (this year) and his body still broke down all year with the shoulder twice and a toe... if he had a non cursed body he would be a generational forward. Hopefully he can somehow get it right and see the best of him.

I'm a huge fan of McKay and have been in here a bit (as I bet him coleman preseason)

The one downfall for him is going to be his body. After only ever having 1 preseason so far (this year) and his body still broke down all year with the shoulder twice and a toe... if he had a non cursed body he would be a generational forward. Hopefully he can somehow get it right and see the best of him.
Give him a year or two to fill out! Josh Kennedy took a good 6-7 years to get his body right and get some consistency...and then wooshka. For him it'll be about understanding his body more and being smarter on the field. He'll have an 80 goal season at some point.

Wonder how much "can Hawkins get the coleman" media blurbs we'll hear about this week! Got to get people to tune into games in these crowd effected times... you know AFL and TV revenue and $$$$$$$$$

Reiwoldt is probably the biggest threat, they will look for him.

Though, Hawks have been in fine form and they will want to go out with a bang for Clarko... also tigers have lost cotchin who is a good deliverer.

Should be safe as houses really.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hawkins is not kicking 9 goals and Riewoldt is not kicking 11 goals. The Coleman is Harry’s.

Harry will win the Coleman playing 3 fewer games than both players, a game where he was concussed early on and multiple games where his shoulder was troubling him and he played through it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back