List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

I think the issue is, you guys all think midfielders pretty much do the same thing, and can be compared to each other like for like. Not so.

Literally the opposite to what I said. I said people aren't saying they're the exact same type of player, but of similar quality.

JK was good. LeCras was good. Phil Matera was good. Sumich was good. Do you honestly think I'm saying they were all the same type of layer? No, I'm saying they were all good.

Same when people compare Dev with West or Xon or SPS or whoever. But the opposite of good.

He's likely to be better than whoever is available in the draft at 50 or 60 or whatever, but, like Dev that's more likely to be an SPS QUALITY player, not a first rounder like Redden or whoever else want to compare him to from a QUALITY perspective. Not type.

Last edited:
So you want Dev but wouldn't mind cashing in Ryan's cheque???

Can't say I agree with that.
????

It look like you think about footy in a linear manner. The two players are totally unrelated.

One player is the one of the only players we have with proper value. He's a fwd - plays small and plays mid (can take a grab). But he's 26/27ish and is wasted right now. If any player other than Oscar, or any kid drafted in the last 2 years wants a fresh start, I'd be happy to facilitate a trade. Duggan, Cole, Darling, Gov, Barrass, you guys want a change of scenery, I'll make it happen for market value or better.

Dev on the other hand is speculative. It's like going to draft and getting a guy with 3 years in the system, who can potentially play a needed role. I'm not saying he's better than Ryan. I don't even know why you think that shit.

????

It look like you think about footy in a linear manner. The two players are totally unrelated.

One player is the one of the only players we have with proper value. He's a fwd - plays small and plays mid (can take a grab). But he's 26/27ish and is wasted right now. If any player other than Oscar, or any kid drafted in the last 2 years wants a fresh start, I'd be happy to facilitate a trade. Duggan, Cole, Darling, Gov, Barrass, you guys want a change of scenery, I'll make it happen for market value or better.

Dev on the other hand is speculative. It's like going to draft and getting a guy with 3 years in the system, who can potentially play a needed role. I'm not saying he's better than Ryan. I don't even know why you think that s**t.

You love saying this word don’t you?

Literally the opposite to what I said. I said people aren't saying they're the exact same type of player, but of similar quality.
I got you, but West runs around like a headless chook. Had a real crack at AFL level but is clearly WAFL level. You can see it, because he's an out and out an ball getting mid. Dev on the other hand is a potential role player. There's just no way you can know yet. If Dev played the same role as West, then it's clear he's not up to it.

It's like saying Ben Hobbs won't be any good. I'm not super confident with him, but because of the type of role he plays, it's just too early to tell. I could tell in 1 game that Naish was a dud (that game he got 30 and everyone was fapping over him). Dev's role is different and it's too early to tell.

I have to for the people who can only see footballers on their current ability. If Dev is playing like he does today at 26, he's not good enough.

Yes but a speculative pick is not worth 4 years do u agree? And you can’t say you think it’s a 3 year deal because you haven’t shown me one source that it’s a 3 year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but a speculative pick is not worth 4 years do u agree? And you can’t say you think it’s a 3 year deal because you haven’t shown me one source that it’s a 3 year deal.
Last post on this:

I initially thought 4 and posted 4 on here but was corrected to 3. I think I even heard someone on Fox say 3. Anyway, I don't care. I don't like anyone let alone unproven players getting more than 3, but would wear it given we're so young and should have cap space. You probably want a front end deal as well while we have space, because in a few years we're going to have pay Harley and some others. I don't want any back ended deal in case he spuds it up.

????

Dev on the other hand is speculative. It's like going to draft and getting a guy with 3 years in the system, who can potentially play a needed role. I'm not saying he's better than Ryan. I don't even know why you think that s**t.
It's about overall list improvement for me. Ryan can be used in other roles, I personally like him further up the field using that excellent field kick and vision.

I've been saying for a long time, I'd love him coming off the back of the square.

Regardless he's dynamic and can be a match winner. It'd want to be a damn good offer.

According to this, Dev hasn’t been offered 4 years

Nothing really of note about us. Dreaming that a club would look at Gaff

wirra44

See above

Ryan Daniels also Tom one of his radio spots it was 3 years but I haven’t been able to find a link to it

It's about overall list improvement for me. Ryan can be used in other roles, I personally like him further up the field using that excellent field kick and vision.

I've been saying for a long time, I'd love him coming off the back of the square.

Regardless he's dynamic and can be a match winner. It'd want to be a damn good offer.
Someone mentioned FS. We need to be thinking about that. But he's got value, won't hurt us much if he leaves, and will be a better player elsewhere. That FS though. He'd have to get super fit.

wirra44

See above

Ryan Daniels also Tom one of his radio spots it was 3 years but I haven’t been able to find a link to it
I remember now. It was on Fox. They said Lions offered him 2, we offered him 3. Lions have the negotiating power so we have to offer overs in terms of contract and coin. This is within the last week. I think it was the show with 4 Herald Sun journos that I've never heard of.

I remember now. It was on Fox. They said Lions offered him 2, we offered him 3. Lions have the negotiating power so we have to offer overs in terms of contract and coin. This is within the last week. I think it was the show with 4 Herald Sun journos that I've never heard of.
Why do the Lions have the power?
He'll be out of contract.

There's no way in the world we should be offering overs in terms of coin and length of contract.

wirra44

See above

Can’t see past the paywall but I presume Dons are keen on Yeo? I don’t want to trade him, only offer I’d take is pick 10 for Yeo and pick 20 and even writing that makes me shudder. Would have been top 10 Eagles in history if he’d stayed fit.

Why do the Lions have the power?
He'll be out of contract.

There's no way in the world we should be offering overs in terms of coin and length of contract.
Good point, but I was thinking in terms of enticing him to leave. We sort of have to offer more (we have to assume the club wants him).

Can’t see past the paywall but I presume Dons are keen on Yeo? I don’t want to trade him, only offer I’d take is pick 10 for Yeo and pick 20 and even writing that makes me shudder. Would have been top 10 Eagles in history if he’d stayed fit.

It’s an article from over a month ago and talk of Yeo being traded have since been debunked

That's the rumour?

I reckon he's worth pick 25-30ish, and I'd take it. Why would Essendon want him? They nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back