List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Now the season has started, it’s time to start the 2023 thread.

Want to delist the entire squad, talk about potential draftees, make crazy 4-way trade scenarios then this is the place for you.

As below:

Encouraging Go On GIF by CBS

We've had a few mature agers but they didn't work out.

Went for that bloke from Freo last year but he opted for Hawthorn.

Also tried to move a few from other clubs but it didn't work out.

Hickey leaving for Sydney left a hole.

They've definitely tried, just haven't been successful in landing/keeping a mature-ager.
There is no try, just do

Not much positivity on Chesser. Admittedly the game deint eserve the big TV but he looked like he knew where to run to receive and use his strengths but our plodders (well failing to the pressure) didnt recognise it or use him enough.

A long way out, but I feel like Reid being a Vic Country kid would make us more comfortable drafting him if we were in a position to do so. Even then, we’ve been pretty good at retaining high Metro picks (Gaff, Duggan — Venners also seemed very happy at the club) so I don’t think we’d be deterred if we wanted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm already thinking if we get pick 1 trade it for multiple first rounders/ first rounders plus gun established kid.

I think we need multiple new faces not just all eggs in 1 basket Harley Reid type

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quantity isn’t better than quality

Harley Reid is on track to be one of the best prospects you’ll see, you don’t risk trading that away.

If we win less than five games are we allowed to ask the afl for additional draft compensation, or is that only allowed for the povo Vic teams + Gold Coast & GWS?!
The acceptable play seems to be to ask first, get rejected, but then get it offered to you if you have another shocking season.

If we finish bottom 2 again, we have a good case for compo next year if we are again bottom 2.

Fremantle are going to struggle to kick goals this year. We need to send them 2 Waterman's & Sheed for Erasmus & Johnson.

Whatever the Trade it needs to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back