Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no footy gets played this year the AFL will lose even more money than they're losing now, Gill will be doing everything he can to get the season going again.

Same goes for the NRL who are in even more financial trouble than the AFL.

There probably won't be crowds though, they are talking about playing the Aus Open without crowds and that's in January.

Tennis without crowds might be an improvement. No fanatics, no quiet please, etc.

Tennis without crowds might be an improvement. No fanatics, no quiet please, etc.
Millman on the news spoke last night and he was spot on

Tennis will be the last sport to get going again

ATP tour is played all over the world , with people flying from multiple parts of the world

With travel restrictions it’s near on impossible for that sport to get going without a vaccine

Millman on the news spoke last night and he was spot on

Tennis will be the last sport to get going again

ATP tour is played all over the world , with people flying from multiple parts of the world

With travel restrictions it’s near on impossible for that sport to get going without a vaccine
Surely theres 14 days between gigs
Just stable them in quarantine like they do with race horses
Book out a few resorts with tennis courts at each place

If restrictions are eased, I won't be taking my kids to their nan and pop's. But I'll be getting them back to school and sport ASAP.

Where it will get challenging with this, is for some kids under shared custody, where one parent is adamant that the kids should not go back to school or local sports competitions, possibly with a situation that one of the members of their household is in a vulnerable to the virus category, that was ok when it came to the kids being in there care, under tight social distancing, but not ok if the social distancing for the kids is changed.

In this situation what would take precedence, the right for one parent to see/physically care for the kids, or the right for the child to play local sports and to go to physical school with all of his mates and for a better learning experience?

I can see this getting very messy in some of these situations, unless the Governments comes out with very clear rulings in how to handle these types of circumstances, that don't involve going to family court, family mediation, or just general advice telling the parents to work things out in the best interests of the kids as best they can.

Can one parent legally withhold the children going to physical school/studies, and refuse to pass the children back to the other parent unless the other parent also agrees to not send/let the children go back to school? Particularly if one or more children are most happy with not going to physical refuse to go to school because it might endanger the life or health of one of the parents.

Where it will get challenging with this, is for some kids under shared custody, where one parent is adamant that the kids should not go back to school or local sports competitions, possibly with a situation that one of the members of their household is in a vulnerable to the virus category, that was ok when it came to the kids being in there care, under tight social distancing, but not ok if the social distancing for the kids is changed.

In this situation what would take precedence, the right for one parent to see/physically care for the kids, or the right for the child to play local sports and to go to physical school with all of his mates and for a better learning experience?

I can see this getting very messy in some of these situations, unless the Governments comes out with very clear rulings in how to handle these types of circumstances, that don't involve going to family court, family mediation, or just general advice telling the parents to work things out in the best interests of the kids as best they can.

Can one parent legally withhold the children going to physical school/studies, and refuse to pass the children back to the other parent unless the other parent also agrees to not send/let the children go back to school? Particularly if one or more children are most happy with not going to physical refuse to go to school because it might endanger the life or health of one of the parents.
Local sport is done for 2020 surely. Too much of a political nightmare if someone has it, then you got families taking kids to the games, etc. All sorts of headaches

Max we are getting is pro sport played in front of no crowds

Have to say, at this stage, we've done really well. South Korea and Austria are the only ones I could see that have been comparable.

View attachment 854147
View attachment 854146
Australia is nowhere near the levels of most countries, hence why we can’t expect intense lockdowns like this for 12-18 months

There will be severe movement restrictions still enforced but this type of lockdown won’t be ongoing long term IMO

This is really exposing what a Ponzi scheme pro sport is. Six months without revenue and the whole thing threatens to go **** up.
You could say that about any business. 6 months with zero revenue is about the maximum working capital they should hold or they're not making the best use of their money.

There will be all sorts of individual situations on both sides of the equation. It's gotta be bigger picture than me and my situation. People need to take personal responsibility for themselves and their closest once restrictions are eased.

Local sport is done for 2020 surely. Too much of a political nightmare if someone has it, then you got families taking kids to the games, etc. All sorts of headaches

Max we are getting is pro sport played in front of no crowds
Local sport logistically will be too difficult this winter.
My kids' sensei will open up the club as soon as allowed though.

Australia is nowhere near the levels of most countries, hence why we can’t expect intense lockdowns like this for 12-18 months

There will be severe movement restrictions still enforced but this type of lockdown won’t be ongoing long term IMO

We don't need to have a written permission form to go outside and restaurants and hardware stores are still open, so I don't know why you keep referring to this as an intense lockdown. This level of lockdown can be sustained for a while as we flatten the curve and I am confident that the vast majority of Australians feel the same way. Wuhan survived a far more dramatic lockdown for 3 months.

We don't need to have a written permission form to go outside and restaurants and hardware stores are still open, so I don't know why you keep referring to this as an intense lockdown. This level of lockdown can be sustained for a while as we flatten the curve and I am confident that the vast majority of Australians feel the same way. Wuhan survived a far more dramatic lockdown for 3 months.
Don’t think you understand a significant portion of the population live on there own. Try living on your own for 3 months and see the psychological effects it has on people?

Combined with the fact a lot of people aren’t working, struggling for money, can’t see there families or friends face to face

It’s not easy as you are saying it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think you understand a significant portion of the population live on there own. Try living on your own for 3 months and see the psychological effects it has on people?

Combined with the fact a lot of people aren’t working, struggling for money, can’t see there families or friends face to face

It’s not easy as you are saying it is

Who says I don't live on my own already?

People adapt and people are resilient, of course many will struggle and mental health issues will rise, that is certain, but in the interests of public health it's the only choice we have even if it's not an easy decision to maintain these restrictions.

I would expect tennis to be one of the last sports to come back, because it’s probably the one sport where the participants are just as much an infection risk as the crowds. The ATP and WTA involve hundreds of players, coaches and support staff country-hopping on a weekly basis.

When it does come back, it will probably be in a very different format - perhaps a league or series of tournaments played over several months in a single country or group of countries.

A proper global tour won’t be able to resume until this whole thing is well and truly resolved.

Victoria - 21 new cases, of which 8 are community transmissions. Another good day for the curve, although the latter stat still worries me.

Who says I don't live on my own already?

People adapt and people are resilient, of course many will struggle and mental health issues will rise, that is certain, but in the interests of public health it's the only choice we have even if it's not an easy decision to maintain these restrictions.
Yeah well I live my family, still have my job and not in financial trouble and am still finding it tough to get adjusted and stay motivated to all this s**t going on right now

Could just imagine how bad some people are feeling who would really be in trouble

Dont think they can legally withhold the children because the other parent wants to take them to school/sport if it is legal to go to such events. Good thing is there has always been a section in each corona related ruling that outlines the rights of kids under parents who have separated.

I'm a big fan of sport and watch most but if they can't do a season properly than I have little interest watching games modified rules/length and no fans.
I used to watch a lot of different sports. When I had Foxtel and access to them. And time. I had time to watch everything.
Now I've got less time, and much less alone time with a family and I have to pick what I watch, because I'm not going to get through everything.

I found sport dropped off, because when you can't keep up with it, it becomes less compelling, and these days you know the result so easily, makes it hard to watch with excitement if you know the outcome.

welcome to the life we are living in, nothing is easy.........be thankful they have a job and can work from home, no need to ask for $100 a week for intnernet costs etc.
I am thankful I have a job. I still expect my employer to hold up their end of the bargain and pay for what they should.
Again, we've seen one person post they heard teachers want $100 per week for internet.
We've had a teacher post about an existing agreement which is a $100 once to help setup and then $20pw for ongoing costs.
My work paid us a one of fee which we were taxed on to help cover the cost of a desk and chair, filing cabinet, first aid kit etc that they required us to have to work from home.
For employees that are fully remote they get a subsidy for their internet of $80 per month, before tax. If we are expected to come into the office sometimes we get nothing other than the initial setup payment. The expectation is we claim it back on tax.

It's not unreasonable for the teachers union to do their job and try and negotiate on their behalf for compensation from their employer.

This is really exposing what a Ponzi scheme pro sport is. Six months without revenue and the whole thing threatens to go **** up.
Lots of money getting thrown around and sticking in a few hands, not much left to keep the lights on

So you can’t evict someone in financial trouble as per what Scomo just said ?

Why would anyone pay there landlord in the next 6 months then?

Surely there needs to be a criteria that is met

So you can’t evict someone in financial trouble as per what Scomo just said ?

Why would anyone pay there landlord in the next 6 months then?

Surely there needs to be a criteria that is met
Maybe the cost of a homeless family potentially causing more damage to the community is a worse price than a landlord not getting rent for 6 months
Im sure the usual laws apply willfull damage council bi laws etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back