Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what agenda would he have by saying such things? Please enlighten me.
Probably similar to yours. If he personally doesn't believe corona is dangerous he's trying to get others on side
He's a conservative religious right wing politician. He doesn't want social services and social distancing he wants people in church praying.

Mortality rate and case death rate are two very different things.
Correct. Mortality rates for viruses are estimates. Because we can't screen everyone.
Death rates from confirmed cases are known quantities but not necessarily reflective of mortality rates

Re mass graves in NY:
Agree, it looks and is tragic but FFS, some people occasionally need to read past the 'headlines' - whereas you will discover that these bodies are either:
A. People with no known next-of-kin. In Aus this determination is applicable only after regular public notices (in newspapers) for a period of 14 days.
B. Next-of-kin do not have the financial means for costs of funeral and/or disposal services required for a COVID-19 infected body and have accordingly signed a release form providing the state full disposal rights.

Just watched Soylent Green for the first time. (1975, with Charlton Heston).

2022 is nearer than you think, people! New York looking like 2017 Detroit wasteland. Hungry people wandering around wearing surgical masks. Bodies being loaded en masse into the back of trucks after giving the state full disposal rights.

Hmm, this place could do with some furniture, too.

Probably similar to yours. If he personally doesn't believe corona is dangerous he's trying to get others on side
He's a conservative religious right wing politician. He doesn't want social services and social distancing he wants people in church praying.
My theory is that Trump personally can't afford a long shut down.

Does anyone have the urge to go to the shops after being cooped up yesterday good friday?
I drove to the servo yesterday to get milk. Was a ghost town on the road. Around 230pm and no one around. Saw like 5 cars. Was eerie.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was good friday yesterday?

I went to my mum's for tea last night and we had fish because it was Good Friday. That's the only way I knew.

My theory is that Trump personally can't afford a long shut down.
His hotels and resorts and golf courses wouldnt be doing too well on a purely personal level for him
The more it effects the US people the more they should question his ability as a president to actually do things but also question their healthcare system and their social safety nets

It was good friday yesterday?

some associates complained they had to wait over an hour for their fish and chips. when asked why fnc instead of something else, she replied we're catholic.

Ive know such persons for a long time, never hath i known theyre of that ilk. So i asked a few more questions as i was curious, such as when do you attend mass? answer - never.

fair enough too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We discover the importance of the health care workers but also the check out chick/guy,the shelf stacker, the warehouse guy, the truck driver. and the importance of the arts to entertain us and make our lives more interesting.
and we discover we do need social safety nets and trickle down economics doesnt work

some associates complained they had to wait over an hour for their fish and chips. when asked why fnc instead of something else, she replied we're catholic.

Ive know such persons for a long time, never hath i known theyre of that ilk. So i asked a few more questions as i was curious, such as when do you attend mass? answer - never.

fair enough too.
My parents are 'Catholic', I'm not sure if they're even bothered with the fish on good Friday thing maybe my old man does make a nice fish curry. Anyway I once asked my old man when was the last time he had gone to mass knowing that it would have been when my brother was still in primary school which was 1999. His justification was that he went so much as a kid basically his whole school life under the threat of the strap that he did enough. I just laughed and said ok. I think the boomer generation is the last generation to really stay attached to their religion even if they don't really practice it, it's part of their identity, well at least in Christianity, I know plenty of people in my age group who are still very faithful to their religion such as Islam or Hinduism. I reckon it's similar in the USA, I don't think they're as religious as it seems sure some parts they are I would imagine in other places people may say they're Christian but never really go to church. I saw a video with Christopher Hitchens who made that observation that plenty of people on a Sunday just go about in their usual business.

For the most contagious virus ever and no one to have it is strange. All those thousands in line for centrelink and it didnt spread? MCG had 100k people there and no one got it? Doesnt spread at the shops every day? Social distancing my ass. This thing simply isnt as bad as theyd have you believe.
350k tests for 7k positive...So contagious.

That's a brave call.
You might be in for a shock when/if they do anti-bodies testing in Australia for evidence of asymptomatic virus infected.

What happened to that Youtube video which 'proves' the death tolls are all a conspiracy?

They probably edited it to show that death tolls are far greater than the official figures when you take into account all those that died in nursing and aged care homes, and at home, before or without any testing being done on the deceased to ascertain whether they had been infected with this virus and whether the virus caused or contributed greatly to these deaths.

The mortality rate is <1% in Australia

Demonstrates how successful the Australian form of political leadership, testing, tracing, lockdowns, social distancing, quarantining, self-isolation, and compliance by most of us to the new laws, rules and recommendations, have been in keeping the R0 and morality mortality rates so low.

Edit: morality :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: a genuine typo

Last edited:
My parents are 'Catholic', I'm not sure if they're even bothered with the fish on good Friday thing maybe my old man does make a nice fish curry. Anyway I once asked my old man when was the last time he had gone to mass knowing that it would have been when my brother was still in primary school which was 1999. His justification was that he went so much as a kid basically his whole school life under the threat of the strap that he did enough. I just laughed and said ok. I think the boomer generation is the last generation to really stay attached to their religion even if they don't really practice it, it's part of their identity, well at least in Christianity, I know plenty of people in my age group who are still very faithful to their religion such as Islam or Hinduism. I reckon it's similar in the USA, I don't think they're as religious as it seems sure some parts they are I would imagine in other places people may say they're Christian but never really go to church. I saw a video with Christopher Hitchens who made that observation that plenty of people on a Sunday just go about in their usual business.

For some religion is something to be used when convenient. For most I give them benefit of doubt and respect it’s important to them. It’s all good.

Is it unfair for us to assume Christians or catholics should of expected to be at church every Sunday? I think those who don’t go have legit excuses. The world is busy thes e days

Demonstrates how successful the Australian form of political leadership, testing, tracing, lockdowns, social distancing, quarantining, self-isolation, and compliance by most of us to the new laws, rules and recommendations, have been in keeping the R0 and morality rates so low.

I agree, morality rates are quite low here. Few go to church, The Bachelor is popular and NRL supporters still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back