Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Morrison’s proven to be flexible given the changing circumstances.

Dan Andrews did well to go hard early but now is crippled by his stubborn refusal to deviate from the random date in May that he’s locked in, before considering any relaxing of restrictions.
Is Scotty being flexible though?
Classic marketing move.

We'd like ease restrictions but we need you to buy into something first.

Not happy with the uptake, you've got less days to make a decisions or you could miss out!

Is Scotty being flexible though?
Classic marketing move.
We'd like ease restrictions but we need you to buy into something first.
Not happy with the uptake, you've got less days to make a decisions or you could miss out!
I'd better download and activate the App on all mobile devices.

Still trying to work out how to get it onto my nokia retro mostly dumb phone or use it without bluetooth.

I'm surprised they are not giving away a free bottom of the range Telstra smartphone + sim card loaded with 3 months of free data/calls with every COVIDsafe App download/registration, for those that need one.

I find it incredibly weird that Morrison uses such condescending language in his press conferences.
'Early-mark'. FFS. Does he really thing that treating the general public like school children is going to get his message across effectively?

Maybe he has too many school related things on the brain at the moment.

Just back from my local shopping centre, a place i go too everyday just to get out of the house and boy oh boy wow wee.....

More cars in the car park, a few shops now back open, a few more still closed but lights on and people inside getting stock back on display, gave me a real buzz and a spring in my step. Come Monday i can't wait to get back down there and get back amongst it and feel people brushing past, the oh sorry when bumped into accidentally, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger.

Just back from my local shopping centre, a place i go too everyday just to get out of the house and boy oh boy wow wee.....

More cars in the car park, a few shops now back open, a few more still closed but lights on and people inside getting stock back on display, gave me a real buzz and a spring in my step. Come Monday i can't wait to get back down there and get back amongst it and feel people brushing past, the oh sorry when bumped into accidentally, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger.
People are exercising in larger groups here. Hairdressers that initially shut are open as are shops and shopping centers way busier. I think people are just taking it into their own hands to get back now. The fear-mongering is over, let's get back to it

It will be very interesting to follow Florida and Texas death rates. They did everything 'wrong' yet their deaths per 100,000 people are comparable or better than California who locked down early. Give it a few more weeks but will paint a reasonable picture (in hindsight) over what was really required.

Then again the weather absolutely ****ed here so lockdown is irrelevant atm :tearsofjoy:

the weather absolutely f’ed here so lockdown is irrelevant atm

Ppl planning to visit their socially isolated mates in the snow zones of regional VIC/NSW, are going to find it hard to get thru with the current or still to come ice and snow over the next 72 hours or so.

People are exercising in larger groups here. Hairdressers that initially shut are open as are shops and shopping centers way busier. I think people are just taking it into their own hands to get back now. The fear-mongering is over, let's get back to it

It will be very interesting to follow Florida and Texas death rates. They did everything 'wrong' yet their deaths per 100,000 people are comparable or better than California who locked down early. Give it a few more weeks but will paint a reasonable picture (in hindsight) over what was really required.

Then again the weather absolutely f’ed here so lockdown is irrelevant atm :tearsofjoy:
Weather s**t here in vicbias :palso, 12 degrees but I've felt colder on 15 degrees days.

Been saying it for a week now to those around me, it almost felt like if you opened everything back up and had the media stop talking about it then you wouldn't even know there was anything wrong.

What I have noticed is gone is the ' recoiling in horror ' by people which really pissed me off and then i just started laughing at them.

People obeying the 1.5m rule but only when lining up but how long will that last when everyone is back out.

People going by the cape just to pass you is virtually gone, still some paranoid people out there but they are a dying breed.

I off course can only talk and observe my area but that's is what I have noticed, local council still going bat s**t crazy with the hazard tape though LOL.

Last edited:
Shops were very busy today. Busiest I’ve seen in a long time.

Might have something to do with nearly 1 million Australian individuals and families just had, or will shortly have up to $10k dropped into their bank accounts from the early release of super (non-taxable) and another up to $10k available from 1 July 2020.

The National Cabinet has announced 15 principles required for professional and community sport to continue

I'm following 13. below closely, for it's impact on community Soccer I am involved with as a parent and official.
13. ... Community sport and recreation activities should limit those present to the minimum required to support the participants (e.g. one parent or carer per child if necessary).

NATIONAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE RESUMPTION OF SPORT AND RECREATION ACTIVITIES
1. Resumption of sport and recreation activities can contribute many health, economic, social and cultural benefits to Australian society emerging from the COVID-19 environment.

2. Resumption of sport and recreation activities should not compromise the health of individuals or the community.

3. Resumption of sport and recreation activities will be based on objective health information to ensure they are conducted safely and do not risk increased COVID-19 local transmission rates.

4. All decisions about resumption of sport and recreation activities must take place with careful reference to these National Principles following close consultation with Federal, State/Territory and/or Local Public Health Authorities, as relevant.

5. The AIS ‘Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment’ provides a guide for the reintroduction of sport and recreation in Australia, including high performance sport. The AIS Framework incorporates consideration of the differences between contact and non-contact sport and indoor and outdoor activity. Whilst the three phases A, B and C of the AIS Framework provide a general guide, individual jurisdictions may provide guidance on the timing of introduction of various levels of sport participation with regard to local epidemiology, risk mitigation strategies and public health capacity.

6. International evidence to date is suggestive that outdoor activities are a lower risk setting for COVID-19 transmission. There are no good data on risks of indoor sporting activity but, at this time, the risk is assumed to be greater than for outdoor sporting activity, even with similar mitigation steps taken.

7. All individuals who participate in, and contribute to, sport and recreation will be considered in resumption plans, including those at the high performance/professional level, those at the community competitive level, and those who wish to enjoy passive (non-contact) individual sports and recreation.

8. Resumption of community sport and recreation activity should take place in a staged fashion with an initial phase of small group (<10) activities="" in="" a="" non-contact="" fashion,="" prior="" to="" moving="" on="" subsequent="" phase="" of="" large="" group="" (="">10) activities including full contact training/competition in sport. Individual jurisdictions will determine progression through these phases, taking account of local epidemiology, risk mitigation strategies and public health capability.

a. This includes the resumption of children’s outdoor sport with strict physical distancing measures for non-sporting attendees such as parents.

b. This includes the resumption of outdoor recreational activities including (but not limited to) outdoor-based personal training and boot camps, golf, fishing, bush-walking, swimming, etc.

9. Significantly enhanced risk mitigation (including avoidance and physical distancing) must be applied to all indoor activities associated with outdoor sporting codes (e.g. club rooms, training facilities, gymnasia and the like).

10. For high performance and professional sporting organisations, the regime underpinned in the AIS Framework is considered a minimum baseline standard required to be met before the resumption of training and match play, noting most sports and participants are currently operating at level A of the AIS Framework.

11. If sporting organisations are seeking specific exemptions in order to recommence activity, particularly with regard to competitions, they are required to engage with, and where necessary seek approvals from, the respective State/Territory and/or Local Public Health Authorities regarding additional measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread.

12. At all times sport and recreation organisations must respond to the directives of Public Health Authorities. Localised outbreaks may require sporting organisations to again restrict activity and those organisations must be ready to respond accordingly. The detection of a positive COVID-19 case in a sporting or recreation club or organisation will result in a standard public health response, which could include quarantine of a whole team or large group, and close contacts, for the required period.

13. The risks associated with large gatherings are such that, for the foreseeable future, elite sports, if recommenced, should do so in a spectator-free environment with the minimum support staff available to support the competition. Community sport and recreation activities should limit those present to the minimum required to support the participants (e.g. one parent or carer per child if necessary).

14. The sporting environment (training and competition venues) should be assessed to ensure precautions are taken to minimise risk to those participating in sport and those attending sporting events as spectators (where and when permissible).

15. The safety and wellbeing of the Australian community will be the priority in any further and specific decisions about the resumption of sport, which will be considered by the COVID-19 Sports and Health Committee.

Might have something to do with nearly 1 million Australian individuals and families just had, or will shortly have up to $10k dropped into their bank accounts from the early release of super (non-taxable) and another up to $10k available from 1 July 2020.
Talking about shops that have been closed for a month have opened back up or are starting to get ready to open the front doors, saw heaps of signs on the front of shops that weren't there two days ago telling the couriers to bring the stock to the back of the shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm following 13. below closely, for it's impact on community Soccer I am involved with as a parent and official.
8a and 9 are virtually impossible to enforce, whoever came up with that has never played outdoor sport.

My employer has already stuffed up our jobkeeper payments. They were expected to arrive on 16April, however they have changed the pay cycle by a week without telling us. On the 16th they paid amounts ranging from $9-$900. Nobody received the $1308. They have still not been able to explain it, but some payslips show public holidays not worked despite being stood down for the entire pay period. Yesterday they paid us the difference between the unexplained pays and the keeper amount. Hopefully, they get it right next fortnight.

I think the communication is the main problem here.

Stand down provisions don’t apply to public holidays, so you will be getting paid for them if you didn’t work. The employer has done the correct thing there.

It sounds like they had a cash flow issue, which may be why you had to wait. Employers have to find the cash for JobKeeper themselves and then get reimbursed later. Looking on the bright side, at least they are paying JobKeeper, as there will be businesses out there who don’t have the cashflow to pay people up front and won’t take part.

8a and 9 are virtually impossible to enforce, whoever came up with that has never played outdoor sport.
8. Resumption of community sport and recreation activity should take place in a staged fashion with an initial phase of small group (<10) activities="" in="" a="" non-contact="" fashion,="" prior="" to="" moving="" on="" subsequent="" phase="" of="" large="" group="" (="">10) activities including full contact training/competition in sport. Individual jurisdictions will determine progression through these phases, taking account of local epidemiology, risk mitigation strategies and public health capability.
a. This includes the resumption of children’s outdoor sport with strict physical distancing measures for non-sporting attendees such as parents.
b. This includes the resumption of outdoor recreational activities including (but not limited to) outdoor-based personal training and boot camps, golf, fishing, bush-walking, swimming, etc.

9. Significantly enhanced risk mitigation (including avoidance and physical distancing) must be applied to all indoor activities associated with outdoor sporting codes (e.g. club rooms, training facilities, gymnasia and the like).

It's hard enough to get some parents to keep to the open to spectators only parts/sides of the ground, and behind roped areas.
With non-compliance, sometimes not just because of unawareness or forgetfulness of the rules.

It'll need more parents/carers on each team to volunteer to submit for their working with children checks (WWC) to enable them to help out around the home and away and training grounds with COVID-19 related measures on training and match days.

I assume that the "avoidance" option in 9. is related to the option to NOT opening club rooms, training facilities and gyms.
Don't see what is so difficult with that.

9 could mean don't shake hands with every single person at the club. Blokes at my club will rock up and shake every single players hand, canteen staff and other officials. Probably a simple 'gday guys' would do it haha.

It's hard enough to get some parents to keep to the open to spectators only parts/sides of the ground, and behind roped areas.
With non-compliance, sometimes not just because of unawareness or forgetfulness of the rules.

It'll need more parents/carers on each team to volunteer to submit for their working with children checks (WWC) to enable them to help out around the home and away and training grounds with COVID-19 related measures on training and match days.

I assume that the "avoidance" option in 9. is related to the option to NOT opening club rooms, training facilities and gyms.
Don't see what is so difficult with that.
They have to open the rooms, players have got to put their stuff somewhere, I think it means basically to keep apart before and after the game and avoid going to the trainers room and showers all at once like that will last more than 2-3 games.

Danny Andrews strikes me as the style of bloke who would've quietly thought to himself, even if he would never publicly admit it: "You know, maybe I should take the opportunity to get rid of pubs altogether. It'd be for people's own good."

Here's the pre-amble about the announced this afternoon by the Federal Government
National Principles for Sport and Recreational Activities and the 2 key documents related to this.
One of which (AIS - 23 pages) includes sport by sport guidelines and some more detailed guidelines than listed in the general 15 principles down to the level of things such as massage beds and towels.

A must read for anyone involved in professional or community sports.

National Principles for Sport and Recreational Activities
National Cabinet agreed that sport and recreation will play a significant role as Australia emerges from the COVID-19 environment due to the associated health, economic, social and cultural benefits it brings.

National Cabinet also agreed that the resumption of sport and recreation activity at any level must not compromise the health of individuals or the community; must be based on objective health information to ensure potential transmission rates are conducive to the safe conduct of sport and recreation; and should only occur where activity-specific, stringent, public and personal health measures are observed, and meeting minimum standards.

National Cabinet considered and endorsed ‘National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities [PDF 350 KB]’ developed by the AHPPC in consultation with sporting bodies across Australia (Attachment A).

The Principles will help provide a pathway for a staged return of community and professional sport, as well as recreational activities, without compromising the health of individuals or the community.

It was noted that evidence to date suggests that even with similar mitigation steps, outdoor activities are a lower risk setting for COVID-19 transmission.

The staged return will commence an initial phase of small group (<10) activities in a non-contact fashion, prior to moving on to a subsequent phase of large group (>10) activities including full contact training and competition in sport.

The initial phase accommodates, where possible, for the resumption of children’s outdoor sport with strict physical distancing measures for non-sporting attendees such as parents, and outdoor recreational activities including but not limited to outdoor-based personal training and boot camps, golf, fishing, bush-walking, and swimming.

The states and territories will be responsible for sport and recreation resumption decisions, both at the professional and community level and will determine progression through the phases, taking account of local epidemiology, risk mitigation strategies and public health capability.

National Cabinet agreed that the ‘Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment [PDF 506 KB]’ developed by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) provides a guide to the staged resumption of sport and recreation in Australia (Attachment B).

For high performance and professional sporting organisations, the regime underpinned in the Framework is considered a minimum baseline standard required to be met before the resumption of training and match play.

National Cabinet also endorsed the AHPPC’s proposal to form a COVID-19 Sports and Health Committee comprising the Commonwealth Deputy CMO, Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Medical Director, an infection control expert, representatives of Federal, State and Territory Departments of Health, Sport and Recreation and relevant sports medical officers from the National Sporting Organisations, to closely monitor and report on any COVID-19 related issues or manifestations in the sector during the resumption phase, as well as any further and specific decisions about the resumption of sport – for a minimum of three months from commencement.

I think the communication is the main problem here.

Stand down provisions don’t apply to public holidays, so you will be getting paid for them if you didn’t work. The employer has done the correct thing there.

It sounds like they had a cash flow issue, which may be why you had to wait. Employers have to find the cash for JobKeeper themselves and then get reimbursed later. Looking on the bright side, at least they are paying JobKeeper, as there will be businesses out there who don’t have the cashflow to pay people up front and won’t take part.
Wow, thanks so much. More clarity from you than from them. Should I expect another payment for Anzac Day this coming pay week?

You’re completely right about the communication. Just tell us when it’s coming and nobody is upset. Cashflow isn’t the issue, I’d give them leniency due to this being a completely new concept but they have a history of sheer incompetence. The airline that is in voluntary administration has given their staff none of these issues re communication and paid them the full rate on time.

You mean idiots

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Is there any study or calc on how much taking 10k out of super now will cost you in the long run? There can be some benefits if you are really desperate but 99% of that 1mil probably shouldnt be taking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back