Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is public backlash a good reason to reverse something they deemed to be covid-safe? If it is covid-safe under their protocols then public backlash shouldnt matter......unless of course the decision wasnt made for health and safety reasons......for which someone needs to explain themselves or resign.

Of course the original decision is ridiculous but why should it be reversed because of public backlash? Why werent restrictions lifted earlier then? backlash has been massive over the lockdown.

I'd think it pretty obvious that if you're going to show favour to one group of people a whole bunch of other people will think * this and start going out doing their own thing regardless of what Dan dictates.

Better not be.

It's alright for pencil pushers but when you're doing a physical job outside and the temperature is rising masks are oppressive.

Being expected to wear masks for 9 hours a day on a 30o day is a ******* joke.

These arse clowns already better be working out exemptions for workers with summer approaching.

Yes surely compulsory mask wearing outdoors gets the boot ASAP.
What would be the reasoning for persisting with it other than indoors, business, enclosed places, public transport etc

Obviously walking back the races thing is the right call but seriously how did the initial decision get made at all...

Either its safe to do in which case why arent the public allowed a 10 person 2 home barby, or its not safe to do in which case the influence of the racing industry clearly outweighs the safety of the state. Either way or any combination of the two makes a mockery of the system.

To that point it genuinely appears now that Dan and Brett dont have a system or any thought of multiple information inputs and critical analysis of infromation for their decisions. Im happy to be told im wrong, im just a moron working from home but if Dan has an echo chamber and no one noting an alternative view (or that view is just being ignored) then im genuinely concerned.

Obviously walking back the races thing is the right call but seriously how did the initial decision get made at all...

Either its safe to do in which case why arent the public allowed a 10 person 2 home barby, or its not safe to do in which case the influence of the racing industry clearly outweighs the safety of the state. Either way or any combination of the two makes a mockery of the system.

To that point it genuinely appears now that Dan and Brett dont have a system or any thought of multiple information inputs and critical analysis of infromation for their decisions. Im happy to be told im wrong, im just a moron working from home but if Dan has an echo chamber and no one noting an alternative view (or that view is just being ignored) then im genuinely concerned.

Politicians in general are a long way removed from general society. It shouldn't surprise anyone that a number of them might legitimately have thought people would see this as a positive thing.

how many alias accounts have you created so far?

no just one. I have observed much of this site for a little while, but feel it is time to question some things esp in relation to Covid and it’s associated politics.

Do you not think that footage, esp now with the benefit of time looks somewhat suspicious? It may not the best one to draw on, but I thought perhaps an obvious one.

As more events unfold, the only thing I suggest is people continue to question and consider everything (anywhere you can find peace and quiet) and reflect on what is going on around them or anything that doesn’t sit right.

The talk of vaccines being the only way forward for society to Covid normal (and not just normal) is very troubling. These are by no means a reliable way to contain the virus yet this seems to be the only way forward according to govt. It is not so much individual politicians I don’t trust, I think most generally mean well, but the nature of the system they are enslaved to and thus so easily influenced by big large international organisations with overwhelming $ and power that can dictate the media narrative on a global scale.

I am concerned for the erosion of more people’s rights under this next step, as it has already been freely discussed that the vaccine may not be mandatory, yet no vaccine = no work or travel and so easily coerced.
Has it really come this far so quickly?

The steady rise of growing censorship on the issue (both mainstream and private)is also of great alarm. This is a telltale sign of danger throughout history.

Anyway take care, and all be on alert.
I hope this all passes in time and the over reach of govt is retracted and people’s freedoms aren’t restricted.

i hope, but am not confident.

some good questions and repeat questions about the racing saga. He eventually admitted it was revoked due to public backlash. Now looks like the restrictions will be lessened earlier (coincidently after the Grand Final but in time for Flemington - again racing pulling the strings)

At the risk of incurring the wrath of punters on this board, I think horse racing (any animal racing or fighting, really) is inherently cruel and unnecessary but due to the billions of dollars involved governments are loathe to touch it - I think it was one of few sports that were still largely business as usual when the COVID pandemic hit.

The Cox Plate decision deserves to be scrutinised but unfortunately I don't think any heads will roll over it.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of punters on this board, I think horse racing (any animal racing or fighting, really) is inherently cruel and unnecessary but due to the billions of dollars involved governments are loathe to touch it - I think it was one of few sports that were still largely business as usual when the COVID pandemic hit.

The Cox Plate decision deserves to be scrutinised but unfortunately I don't think any heads will roll over it.

Andrews said they all agreed upon it, was considered ok by the health minister and others so was good to go. Public Backlash was why it was revoked......weak as piss

Andrews said they all agreed upon it, was considered ok by the health minister and others so was good to go. Public Backlash was why it was revoked......weak as piss
It was weak as piss for them to announce the Cox plate details after saying that we couldn't have a grand final BBQ and undo all our good work

of course they walked it back when they realised what can of worms they had opened up

The increased level of hygiene awareness is a great thing.

If it encourages the neanderthal tradies who used to take a dump in the gym toilet, leave a mess and walk out without washing their hands, that's a win... We'll see though.

Scary to know it's not just our local gym - seriously, what the **** is up with that???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And rightly so - who is the Gaming Minister or whoever is in charge of making the decision?

Blind Frumpy could see the repercussions of granting an exemption for the Cox Plate to have 500 people there.

I found the backlash amusing and over the top, but they should have known it would happen.

You found people being pissed off that some horse owners could go and mingle when the rest of us in the state can’t go see our family in their homes “over the top”.

I assume you’re a horse owner then?

Politicians in general are a long way removed from general society. It shouldn't surprise anyone that a number of them might legitimately have thought people would see this as a positive thing.
He's never had a job outside an ALP office AFAIK. That pretty much says it all.

He's never had a job outside an ALP office AFAIK. That pretty much says it all.

Most elected politicians either work in politics all their post-university life, or were lawyers, journalists, teachers or other white-collar professionals - are they considered more 'in touch'?

If you like, I can point to politicians like Pauline Hanson who ran a fish and chips shop or Clive Palmer who is a self-described entrepreneur - are they more capable of government than Dan Andrews?

Amazing how the racing industries in Victoria kept going and not a single outbreak occurred from within their ranks.

Seems they are better at operating a business during a pandemic than the dickhead running the state.

They are different scenarios. I would presume that an outdoors event at a massive venue with a COVID-safe plan and security could have been handled safely. History has shown that indoor family gatherings are significant infection points because of a lack of following distancing and oversight.

Still dumb as dogshit to allow it to go ahead in the first place. Optics are important when people are suffering. How this was not spotted is beyond me. I think they overestimate the appeal of horse racing beyond betting, which can be done remotely. But money has always ruled and the gambling industry is a powerful lobby group.

Most elected politicians either work in politics all their post-university life, or were lawyers, journalists, teachers or other white-collar professionals - are they considered more 'in touch'?

If you like, I can point to politicians like Pauline Hanson who ran a fish and chips shop or Clive Palmer who is a self-described entrepreneur - are they more capable of government than Dan Andrews?
Absolutely, yes. The more experiences they've had, the better.

You found people being pissed off that some horse owners could go and mingle when the rest of us in the state can’t go see our family in their homes “over the top”.

I assume you’re a horse owner then?

Not a horse owner, but also not really bothered if they get to watch their horses run as it doesn’t result in me missing out on anything more than I already was.

People still seem to think outdoor and indoor are equivalent when it comes to this stuff, they’re miles apart.

Love or hate Horse racing the fact they've continued on with no real outbreaks (small one at Cranbourne) is pretty impressive considering all the moving parts.

Also, rightly or wrongly it's good for the animals that it has continued and also good for a lot people employed within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back