Expansion Could a new stadium land Tasmania a team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously it should be built at Oatlands, located 84 km north of Hobart and 115 km south of Launceston.

The new team would be the Oatlands Raiders.

I mean, the AFL is a wannabe NFL so what's not to like?

Just avoid the whole debate and base the team in Strahan. The AFL clubs seem to have an obsession with 'west' after all.

The Lesser Western Coast welfare recipients.

Just avoid the whole debate and base the team in Strahan. The AFL clubs seem to have an obsession with 'west' after all.

The Lesser Western Coast welfare recipients.
I've asked you this before, telsor, in order to help you attain some kind of emotional catharsis on this topic - did a Tasmanian run over your dog?

I've asked you this before, telsor, in order to help you attain some kind of emotional catharsis on this topic - did a Tasmanian run over your dog?

Its called Trolling. It seems calling me a liar isnt good enough to get a response in kind, so he keeps at it. God knows why. Maybe some deep emotional need for attention.

Nah, I actually quite like the Tasmanians I know, but I just generally like shooting down lies and bullshit, and there's been so much on this topic that it's transformed into a habit.

There days I actually keep an eye on the likes of madmug to see if he can actually say anything true.

I would say however that I have far less anti-tas rancor than some here have anti-Vic. Do you ask the equivilent question of them?

Its called Trolling. It seems calling me a liar isnt good enough to get a response in kind, so he keeps at it. God knows why. Maybe some deep emotional need for attention.

Say something objectively true, backed up by actual facts and I'll stop calling you a liar.

Can't do it, can you?

The thing is that we've all gone over these issues before over the past 2 years on all of the various Tassie threads and it's totally reminiscent of Groundhog Day.

Bottom line is that if the AFL wanted to do it it would get done.

The elephant in the room is the AFL's staggering hypocrisy and, assuming it has some duty of care to and custodianship of Aussie Rules football, the AFL, by having morphed into an entertainment behemoth bought and paid for by the shills and hucksters in the TV industry, has an enormous conflict of interest.

Tassie is merely collateral damage.

Nah, I actually quite like the Tasmanians I know, but I just generally like shooting down lies and bullshit, and there's been so much on this topic that it's transformed into a habit.

There days I actually keep an eye on the likes of madmug to see if he can actually say anything true.

I would say however that I have far less anti-tas rancor than some here have anti-Vic. Do you ask the equivilent question of them?
Your comment is reminiscent of the medieval judiciary who quite liked justice as they declared the accused, drowned in the ducking chair, innocent.

Reading the OP was pretty funny. Make a statue of the art 20k stadium? After spending all those years upgrading York park which is a 22k stadium and a pretty awesome venue? How many stadiums in one small state do you want? Let's just build a 20k stadium in Campbell town to appease everyone as it's probably the most central location:rolleyes:

Yes I understand the thread was started 2 years ago but York Park was finished well before that.

Your comment is reminiscent of the medieval judiciary who quite liked justice as they declared the accused, drowned in the ducking chair, innocent.

I think you've got that one backwards though. I'm the one trying to prevent an injustice.

Who here is trying to kick clubs out of the competition (effectively killing them off) because they're too small in order to replace them with smaller clubs?

The thing is that we've all gone over these issues before over the past 2 years on all of the various Tassie threads and it's totally reminiscent of Groundhog Day.

Bottom line is that if the AFL wanted to do it it would get done.

The elephant in the room is the AFL's staggering hypocrisy and, assuming it has some duty of care to and custodianship of Aussie Rules football, the AFL, by having morphed into an entertainment behemoth bought and paid for by the shills and hucksters in the TV industry, has an enormous conflict of interest.

Tassie is merely collateral damage.

AF is the collateral damage. Sure I stand up for Tasmanian football. But I see the sport of AF itself is in a difficult position. Tasmania is an obvious example. The hypocrisy & self interest in the AFLs position & actions has had a serious effect on the state community football across the country. So much football is now dependent on AFL crumbs from the table, &/or the community destroying poker machines, as a means to survive.

As I said, the pyramidal structure of the game has whittled away to a flag poll with the huge AFL stuck on top. The bulk of AF is likewise quickly becoming more divorced from its community roots. Its not a healthy position for the game to be in.

Its not all the AFLs fault, but they seem totally self absorbed by their own importance. They seem oblivious to the struggle below. Their apparent lack of care is disappointing to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back