Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton aren't a serious contender and probably won't play finals. But they haven't won more than 7 games in a season since 2013 so the fact that it's even a conversation is a step in the right direction for them.

Have a decent spine now that McKay, Weitering etc are a few years in the system, and Charlie Curnow hasn't even played.

Regardless of whether this is a pisstake ... why not

Who predicted any of the fast rising teams that have shot into contention overnight , there have been hundreds of them over the years

Bit of confidence , stumble across the magic formula and BAM your in it up to your eyeballs

So what if they have had false dawns in the past , that has nothing to do with now

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a bit out of hand. Classic knee jerk reactions.

I'd like to see Carlton string together 10 solid games, winning at least 6 and being competitive in all before I even consider us finals contenders. The reality is we have proven nothing other than the capacity to play exciting footy during certain patches of a game.

This is a bit out of hand. Classic knee jerk reactions.

I'd like to see Carlton string together 10 solid games, winning at least 6 and being competitive in all before I even consider us finals contenders. The reality is we have proven nothing other than the capacity to play exciting footy during certain patches of a game.
Fair

If, and here is the big IF, the midfield can continue to be 4 quarter competitive throughout games there is absolutely no reason the Blues cannot play finals. The backline is very solid and the forward line is starting to click.

Getting even contributions from all the midfield will be the difference.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regardless of whether this is a pisstake ... why not

Who predicted any of the fast rising teams that have shot into contention overnight , there have been hundreds of them over the years

Bit of confidence , stumble across the magic formula and BAM your in it up to your eyeballs

So what if they have had false dawns in the past , that has nothing to do with now

Thank You!
Finally someone who gets it.
1) nothing is predictable or normal abt this season AT ALL.
2) as if anyone would have predicted others that were successful in recent years.
3) if you look at actual quarters one Carlton is in the top 3 with PA and Brisbane.
4) why are people so uptight and embrassed- especially Blues supporters, it's just a game!

Love the way their list is shaping. Why does everyone get so hyped over one round. Half a season, 3/4 of a season of good form is a better way to make judgement on their capabilities. Not one game.

Media are so fickle.
Judgement was made on season so far (=1/3 of a season) but again it was just floating a possibility which is random and left field because if we had this convo pre season no-one would even entertain such a thought .
Reason for it obviously, was the outstanding performance.
The sheer skill, execution and dominance caught most by surprise.
Also, who cares, right?;)

Thank You!
Finally someone who gets it.
1) nothing is predictable or normal abt this season AT ALL.
2) as if anyone would have predicted others that were successful in recent years.
3) if you look at actual quarters one Carlton is in the top 3 with PA and Brisbane.
4) why are people so uptight and embrassed- especially Blues supporters, it's just a game!

Yeah , footy fans hey

Howl with laughter at the thought of this team or that team doing well , then 3 months later telling anyone who'll listen they saw it coming all along

We've been rubbish for years, but the last thing you can accuse Carlton supporters of is anonymity when we're down. Our supporters are generally quite happy to give as good as we get regardless of where we are sitting on the ladder. It's definitely going to be an interesting few months if we keep on this current wave of momentum though.

The fact we've already got a bunch of opposite supporters flooding this thread already trying to discredit us is an awesome thing.
Any comment from Fudge? He sure loves us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see us losing a game for the rest of the year. Really should be 6-0 right now.

Get over Port this weekend and the fat lady will be warming up for Lily of Laguna on that famous early November Saturday night, at the hallowed grounds of Metricon Stadium.
In all seriousness.
5 and 1 would've been quite realistic.
Imagine Charlie Curnow was playing.

Win 6 more and we have a 9-8 record which may be able to squeeze into the 8 with a decent percentage.
Beating some of the bottom teams (Adelaide, Sydney, Freo, North, Suns) gives us 5.
Hawks may choose to start rebuilding and play some of their young players, which would give us a decent chance for another. If we pinch one against the remaining teams we finish with 10, which would almost certainly see us playing finals.
Based on that and the fact we've won against some 'top 4' sides in Essendon and Geelong already, I'd say we are near certainties to win the flag.

They come out when they win and when they get a wake-up call, they'll be gone just like that. They don't have the list to contend for anything.
I’ve been here the whole time. Been taking it for years now I’m here for mine. I’ve got a very long list of s**t posters to get back at once we show up. Just wait you’ll get yours.

Carlton aren't a serious contender and probably won't play finals. But they haven't won more than 7 games in a season since 2013 so the fact that it's even a conversation is a step in the right direction for them.

Have a decent spine now that McKay, Weitering etc are a few years in the system, and Charlie Curnow hasn't even played.
But I guess west coast are? What have you beaten this year. Sydney and Adelaide. Carlton best Geelong in Geelong, the western bulldogs off when Carlton had no chance and Essendon who are s**t imo when Carlton ****ed around too much inside forward 50 and let them get a sniff. The other two games (I’m not counting Richmond as it was another time) we conceded the first 6-7 goals of the game and still managed to win the next 3/4 of the contest and miss out. Saints haven’t won a game outside of marvel in nearly a year. Should have been at the G. In the elements where the game was meant to be played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back