Could the eagles miss the 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carnthe

Premiership Player
May 31, 2006
Osaka
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On 12 wins now, would have to win at least 2 of the next four to be definites...

v Geelong
v Port
v Collingwood
v Hawthorn

We'll get Glass back next week, Embley in two. Shuey, Cox, Kerr, Sheppard, Darling and Naitanui playing injured today is more concerning. Hopefully they can get themselves right, but it's only six days until our next game.

Confidence is down and the structures and falling apart. We should make the eight, can't see us having a big say in the finals however.

Essendon and St Kilda would need to go nuts from here to have a chance. We have been thumped in 3 of our last 4 though (by interstate sides as well, none in Victoria)

Currently Bomber and Saints fans must be hating us, so maybe that will fire them up.

Possible. I had expected teams below them to drop the odd game but Geelong, North, Saints, Freo have been in pretty good form of late, had expected these clubs to drop more games than they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their problem as I see it, is a massive reliance on Glass, Cox, Kerr and Priddis to fire in order for them to win games.

Their problem as I see it, is a massive reliance on Glass, Cox, Kerr and Priddis to fire in order for them to win games.

I don't see how a side relying on four gun players to produce their usual output is an indictment on us. If your best senior players suck, then you're not going to be winning many games.

We'll get Glass back next week, Embley in two. Shuey, Cox, Kerr, Sheppard, Darling and Naitanui playing injured today is more concerning. Hopefully they can get themselves right, but it's only six days until our next game.

Confidence is down and the structures and falling apart. We should make the eight, can't see us having a big say in the finals however.

6 day breaks are no excuse as was pointed out ad nauseum by Eagles supporters earlier in the year, especially when you haven't left your home state for 3 weeks.

Eagles should beat Power to make the 8, the teams fighting to make the 8 have left it too late to displace the Eagles.

the way the eagles have been playing in their past 3 matches , i really cannot see the results being that much different if they had kennedy , lecras and embley in the side... they are not playing the same footy as last year and early this year and are making too many fundamental errors

You just got to go Man on Man all over the ground with WC. They fold if they can't play there own game

I think teams have now worked that out. Its Funny how last years big improvers, Carlton and West Coast have now gone by the way side

6 day breaks are no excuse as was pointed out ad nauseum by Eagles supporters earlier in the year, especially when you haven't left your home state for 3 weeks.

Eagles should beat Power to make the 8, the teams fighting to make the 8 have left it too late to displace the Eagles.
6 day breaks aren't an excuse, most people recognize that.

It might be the difference between some players playing or not though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back