Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
So Rd 5 is indigenous round.

Our guernsey is our new away guernsey, the white base.
But St Kilda's indigenous guernsey is a white base too.

Will they wear their normal guernsey as we're the home team, or will we wear our home guernsey as we've been wearing our indigenous guernsey a few times already and a few times more going forwarD?

Scorpus

Sack Them All
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our run home is playing:

Melbourne (away - Casey)
Bulldogs (home - Norwood)
Collingwood (home - Norwood)

This balances out our season with more top teams, given to that point we will have played 2 in the top 6 and 4 in the bottom 6.

It also gives us 5 out of 9 home matches.

Most of the remaining matches see the stronger teams play each other, and the weaker teams play each other. Of course the fixture should probably be more even, as a team like Geelong are getting a very easy run

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our run home is playing:

Melbourne (away - Casey)
Bulldogs (home - Norwood)
Collingwood (home - Norwood)

This balances out our season with more top teams, given to that point we will have played 2 in the top 6 and 4 in the bottom 6.

It also gives us 5 out of 9 home matches.

Most of the remaining matches see the stronger teams play each other, and the weaker teams play each other. Of course the fixture should probably be more even, as a team like Geelong are getting a very easy run
will certainly be a good measuring stick of where the team is at after those 3 games

cmndstab

Premium Platinum
Apr 29, 2008
Ingle Farm
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's a pretty damn tough run home! Those three sides have only dropped three matches between them so far.

We'll definitely know which teams are for real come the finals.

Has the finals system been released anywhere? I'm assuming it's like this:

Semi Finals:

Match A: 3rd vs 6th
Match B: 4th vs 5th

Prelim Finals:

Match C: 1st vs Winner Match B
Match D: 2nd vs Winner Match A

Grand Final: Winner Match C vs Winner Match D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

radiojake

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I had a chuckle with the afc.com page saying that Adelaide's trip to Casey is their first game in Metropolitan Melbourne for two seasons

Scraping the definition of 'Melbourne' there, I guess on a technicality - It's 66 kms away from my place - For comparison, Kardinia Park is only 84 kms away, and there is a train directly there

If I had more notice I probably would have been able to get work off that night, or got a shift that finished earlier - Oh well...

Hopefully next season we get a Vic Park and Princes Park game to make up for lost Melbourne exposure

Peter Doherty

Premiership Player
Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
So every team that’s played AFLW this year on a Friday night are Victorian.
Well blow me down.
There are 8 Victorian teams, only once in the 9 round season are there 4 Victorian teams playing on a Sunday. The week it occurs happens to be a long weekend in Victoria, it's not a 'real' Sunday.

There are only 6 non Victorian teams, 3 times 4 non Victorian teams play on a Sunday.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
There are 8 Victorian teams, only once in the 9 round season are there 4 Victorian teams playing on a Sunday. The week it occurs happens to be a long weekend in Victoria, it's not a 'real' Sunday.

There are only 6 non Victorian teams, 3 times 4 non Victorian teams play on a Sunday.
Back to the 90s for most of us

Remove this Banner Ad