Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow4life

Team Captain
Aug 20, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GSW
We should forget trying to entice the likes of Griffen,Pav,Gibbs etc back to SA and look at the up and coming young blokes playing interstate and try to pinch one or two cheaply.
We need to identify the areas we need to improve and chase the talent that we can add to our list. mids,mids and more mids....
I reckon we should look at Jack Redden from Brisbane who had a decent year in a very average team.He would be a good addition to our midfield rotations and has much upside in my opinion.The other bloke we should target is Travis Varcoe from the cats if Ablett decides to stay put.Maybe even young Hogan who plays well each time he is given a call up.
There must be other young mids who we could entice over the border to help with our area of need. Anyone like to suggest others?

Re: Young gun

Don't think Varcoe is going anywhere but Djeurkka (how ever you spell it) is supposed to have a pretty high potential in the midfield. Jordy McKenzie from Melbourne would be a handy inside mid as well as maybe Cale Morton. Plenty of names going around, just depends who the Crows really want :)

Re: Young gun

I reckon we should look at Jack Redden from Brisbane who had a decent year in a very average team.He would be a good addition to our midfield rotations and has much upside in my opinion.The other bloke we should target is Travis Varcoe from the cats if Ablett decides to stay put.Maybe even young Hogan who plays well each time he is given a call up.
Jack's had a fantastic season for a 19 year old. he also averaged over 5 tackles per game this year. unless he's homesick, i doubt he'd want to leave Brisbane.
Don't think Varcoe is going anywhere but Djeurkka (how ever you spell it) is supposed to have a pretty high potential in the midfield. Jordy McKenzie from Melbourne would be a handy inside mid as well as maybe Cale Morton. Plenty of names going around, just depends who the Crows really want :)
Djerrkura is out of contract and seeking opportunities elsewhere. i hope the Crows make a bid for him, because GC are also very interested. i think Jordie is out of the picture, as the Crows tried to lure him back last year during trade period.

CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here! (Part 2)

This is a feasible scenario although I do think there may also be an trade of picks if this was to happen. Probably include our 3rd rounder and your second rounder.

Wouldn't happen.

If Knights want to go to Melbourne, he has multiple options, and he will not screw us over - he's too good a character.

If Jacobs wants to come home, Port don't seem that interested, so you don't have a lot to bargain with.

Same with Walker, if he wants out to a different Melbourne Club, you can shop him around (like us with Knights), but if he's happy to come here, then you don't hold a huge amount of bargaining power.

If those two players definitely wanted out, Knights would be around the money in return.

Saying that, I would not do that trade.

I am of the genuine belief that Knights is one of our 5 most important players, and cannot wait to see him up and about next year.

Re: CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

but if Knights has stated he wants out to Vic and isnt under contract you lose a little bargaining power.

Not this year we don't.

If Knights walks out on us and goes into the draft, he'll end up on the Gold Coast, not in Melbourne. If for some reason GC don't want him he'll end up in Perth :)

So if he wants to go home the Crows have to find a trade that they're happy with.

Not this year we don't.

If Knights walks out on us and goes into the draft, he'll end up on the Gold Coast, not in Melbourne. If for some reason GC don't want him he'll end up in Perth :)

So if he wants to go home the Crows have to find a trade that they're happy with.
GC cannot pick up Knights in the PSD because they already got Bock from Adelaide. If they wanted Knights and he wanted to go there, the only way they could get him is if they trade for him.

GC are not allowed to take more than 1 uncontracted player from each club and that includes PSD.

Why are we seemingly infatuated with getting this bloke?

Does he have the requisite durability? Almost certainly not.

Does he have decent enough skills as an outside mid which is where we need players? Not really.

Why bother? What am i missing here? Jacobs + Walker for Knights...maybe, but its still lumping B graders together for a higher premium player.

I'd rather Tambling, Wona, Leroy Jetta, or anyone else with pace and skill.

:thumbsu: this.. screw Carlton and their x B graders for our A grader.

He won't be traded to Carlton if they are offering up junk like that.

Not this year we don't.

Agree 100%, but I think we have seen enough examples over the years that show us that when a player wants to go, all clubs are very reasonable in making it happen in such a way that is amicable for all parties involved.

I think regardless we are all in for a very big trade week this year........

Agree 100%, but I think we have seen enough examples over the years that show us that when a player wants to go, all clubs are very reasonable in making it happen in such a way that is amicable for all parties involved.

I think regardless we are all in for a very big trade week this year........

Yes sure - that is generally true. But it also works both ways. If Knights wants to go to Carlton then we will probably do our best to accomodate him. Likewise if Walker and Jacobs want to come to Adelaide then the same thing will happen from Carlton's end - they will be amicable to try to get the players where they want.

Which is why the posturing from Carlton supporters about playing hard ball with Jacobs and demanding first round picks from everyone while expecting they will get quality players like Knights or Salopek for bugger all is ridiculous.

If the players want to leave, the clubs will not keep them there against their will. I know Jacobs for example is supposedly contracted for another year but IF he genuinely wants to come home are you going to really play hard ball, not facilitate a trade and keep a disgruntled player on your list for a year who may then walk for nothing. No - IF Jacobs and Walker want to come here and Knights wants to go to Carlton, the clubs will jostle for the upper hand for a few dyas and evntually come up with a deal that is mutually beneficial. Very rarely do clubs not come to an agreement and let players walk into the draft unless 1 club is offering so far below a players worth that the club wants to prove a point.

Yes sure - that is generally true. But it also works both ways. If Knights wants to go to Carlton then we will probably do our best to accomodate him. Likewise if Walker and Jacobs want to come to Adelaide then the same thing will happen from Carlton's end - they will be amicable to try to get the players where they want.

Which is why the posturing from Carlton supporters about playing hard ball with Jacobs and demanding first round picks from everyone while expecting they will get quality players like Knights or Salopek for bugger all is ridiculous.

If the players want to leave, the clubs will not keep them there against their will. I know Jacobs for example is supposedly contracted for another year but IF he genuinely wants to come home are you going to really play hard ball, not facilitate a trade and keep a disgruntled player on your list for a year who may then walk for nothing. No - IF Jacobs and Walker want to come here and Knights wants to go to Carlton, the clubs will jostle for the upper hand for a few dyas and evntually come up with a deal that is mutually beneficial. Very rarely do clubs not come to an agreement and let players walk into the draft unless 1 club is offering so far below a players worth that the club wants to prove a point.

Spot on!~

The only two times in my recollection where this hasn't occurred has involved Collingwood.

First where they wanted Nick Stevens and didn't satisfy Pt Adelaide's reasonable request for compensation, hence him coming to Carlton in the PSD for nothing.

The second was last year with Luke Ball where Collingwood again refused to offer up a reasonable trade. Luckily for them they were able to land their man in the draft.

With Jacobs, it depends on Griffin to some degree and also what we have to give up.

Jacobs is at leat 3rd in line at Carlton, maybe 4th, and relatively young. Has some genuine height, and is a SA boy.

Port are interested in him too, so they may inflate his trade worth a bit high, but yes we have been sniffing around there. He has a lot more go in him than Griffin.

Walker is an interesting one. Craig must see something in him that he really likes, because we did try and get him last year. My understanding is that we have been making enquiries about him again this year.

His trade value is probably lower this year, so if we can pick him up at not too great a cost, then yes, once again we'd be a player.

Macca23

I am starting to warm to the thoughts of trading for Pav, what is of interest to me is the knock on affect to our list "IF" the club was able to secure the services of Jacobs and Pav, in particular James Sellar's position on our list.

If the Jacobs / Pav trades materialise and it is a "IF", James will be well down the pecking order to play forward or ruck and with Truck, Davis, Talia, Stevens and Young or lining up for key defensive posts it is difficult to see where James fits in....

Given that James does wear #29, the club may need to clear this locker for Pav :D

In all serious, I do see Sellar as trade bait for either Andrew Walker or Jacobs as Carlton do lack KPP forward and back and most importantly it could be a win for James to seek greater opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be delighted to get some value out of Sellar in the form of tradebait for another ruckman such as Jacobs.
maybe we should try to convince the blues he is an afl standard defender... they dont have many of those...

Re: CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here! (Part 2)

Someone mentioned in the other thread that Pav would help our team with when players get the yips etc..

One of the things Pav cops the most criticism over is how he misses the crunch goals so often.. He's had a bad history for that and it's been well documented..

maybe we should try to convince the blues he is an afl standard defender... they dont have many of those...

This is the position he should play.

Would be an astute move by Carlton and prob beneficial for Sellar's career.

Hopefully he has a breakout season for Crows though!

This is the position he should play.

Would be an astute move by Carlton and prob beneficial for Sellar's career.

Hopefully he has a breakout season for Crows though!

agreed... sellar could be a good defender, but doesnt have a great deal of runs on the board in the defensive roles at AFL standard... might take some creativity on our part to get a good deal though.

If he stays, good luck to him, he still could have that breakout year

Macca23

I am starting to warm to the thoughts of trading for Pav, what is of interest to me is the knock on affect to our list "IF" the club was able to secure the services of Jacobs and Pav, in particular James Sellar's position on our list.

If the Jacobs / Pav trades materialise and it is a "IF", James will be well down the pecking order to play forward or ruck and with Truck, Davis, Talia, Stevens and Young or lining up for key defensive posts it is difficult to see where James fits in....

Given that James does wear #29, the club may need to clear this locker for Pav :D

In all serious, I do see Sellar as trade bait for either Andrew Walker or Jacobs as Carlton do lack KPP forward and back and most importantly it could be a win for James to seek greater opportunity.

I went down the very same line of thought as you have TSR, and it would have to be of some chance.

If we do end up with Jacobs, IMO he would be our first ruck and Maric would be delegated to 2nd.

After that we get into the undersized brigade of McKernan, Sellar and Craig. We don't need 3 undersized rucks as back-up, that's for sure.

Craig would have no trade value, and in fact we have very little idea what he can do thanks to injury.

So really we can afford to trade 1 of McKernan or Sellar, keeping the other as the back-up ruck. McKernan is probably a little more versatile with a higher leap, while Sellar has played a bit of AFL footy and not looked out of place.

Once again, because of injury I have discounted Moran, until he proves that he can stay on the track.

So yes. 1 of McKernan or Sellar is tradeable and probably it's Sellar.

Pavlich just signed a 4 year deal with Fremantle. Just released on their website :(

Ah well there you go! Now hurry up and sign the Knights Adelaide.

So.. who's our next high profile target, to sign up with his existing team?
Chris Knights hopefully.

Sometimes you get what you want... but you lose what you have.

We're risking not getting what we want AND losing what we have. Go Crows :(

Now our inexperienced forward line can develop together :) Wasn't really a fan of getting him anyway. I doubt we'll target any more high profile players from now on. Just got to wait and see what happens in trade week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back