Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think its gone past a rumour.

but you'd think no trade for Griffin = no trade for Jabobs
I can't see why Collingwood would want an ageing injury prone player in Tarrant (missed a large amount of games this season) for Fraser. When they have promising young defenders. I do believe Fraser will be at another club next year. I seriously doubt that Fremantle would have room in their salary cap to intice a ready made ruck man to relocate out of his home state. Considering Pavlich and Mundy just signed multi million dollar contracts and I read some where that they re signed 8 other players during the year including Stephen Hill and Michael Barlow.
If the club do release Griff I hope that do target Sam Jacobs or another ready made ruck man.

Didn't Griff want to go home because of family reasons? I rember hearing that his grandfather passed away and his dad had a heart attack or something?

If that's the case, then surely we should just let him go regardless of compensation, it would be the right thing to do.
I want us to be compensated for Griff (even if it is just a late draft pick) and do the right thing by him as well.

"Adelaide's half-keen on Sam so we'll have a chat over dinner and see what he wants to do and where he wants to be in the next few years," Vozzo said.

"Assuming (Jonathon) Griffin goes (to a WA club) the Crows will be looking for a ruckman, and if Sam says to me he wants to go down that path it will be up to me to talk in more detailed terms with the Adelaide Football Club."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sam-jacob-talks-to-adelaide-crows/story-e6frf9jf-1225928075239

I can't see why Collingwood would want an ageing injury prone player in Tarrant (missed a large amount of games this season) for Fraser. When they have promising young defenders.
Well I would not expect Presti to play on next year so Tarrant could be a handy replacement for someone like him, pre his injuries this season he was one of the best backline players going around. For a team that will be playing in the grand final this week and would be a serious contender for the next few seasons you would expect Tarrant's age should not be a big factor in picking him up.

Also, this will be his 10th season at the club meaning the can put him onto the veterans list meaning they only have to pay for half of his cap which is an added bonus.

He does have his negatives at Collingwood with previous problems at the club which resulted in him been traded and a lot of up and coming talent in the backline but I am sure they would still be looking at him for the right price.

I've got almost no doubt Sellar will become an attacking yet defensively capable AFL defender, who will be able to swing forward or plug a gap in ruck when team demands dictate it.

Rutten had a great year but has the body type that will decline quickly when it happens.

Stevens, better as a 3rd tall bit player, not really a FB though a decent CHB, however is getting on a bit. When Rutten goes, Stevens will already be gone. 3 years max to go and I would much rather use him in a sweetener in a deal than Sellar.

Young has potential but would be a question whether he can cope with taller/bigger type of AFL forward.

Talia still very young, don't know where his best position is and when he will be contributing well at AFL level. Look forward to his debut.

Davis i still feel will find his eventual niche up forward, who can swing back as required.

McKernan more of a forward/2ruck. Not sure i trust his skills down back. Sellar has safer disposal imo. Again looking forward to his AFL work in 2011.

I hope like hell Walker/Jacobs are worth it because Sellar will be a very good KPD.

If we give them Sellar + 2nd rounder for Walker, i think history will record Carlton as the clear winners of the trade.

I agree with others that our development of Sellar, by necessity of injury and positions available, has been haphazard.

How good were Rutten, Bock, Stevens etc etc at Sellar's age?!

This trade is a mistake.

Please give them Stevens instead.

Anyone here know what Sellar is like as a KPF?

I would love for him and Lachy Henderson to play as our 'twin towers' for the next 10 years.

(.. although I thought the same about McKernan).

Perhaps Sellar just wants to catch up with Austin and Gibbsy :)

well atleast that is something the crows have been fantastic at over the last 10 years

bombing high and long..with no crumbers within 50 metres.

You should watch the games more closely
......I've seen Tippett crumbing heaps of times :D

Are there any updates concerning Griffin's trade?

only that it's confirmed Josh Fraser is going to freemantle so cant see them being interested in Griffin anymore. west coast have 1st psd pick so they could pick him up with that if they wanted him. no reason for them to trade if they are they only horse in the race.

Havent heard the Fraser rumour but if its true and now compounded by the announcement that Freo have re-signed Zac Clarke for 2 years, then it appears extremely unlikely that Freo would seek Griffin which only leaves West Coast or back with us.

Nahas - any interest?

norwood need another speedy forward

Nahas - no thanks - we need a crumber but IMO Nahas is not quite good enough - as for speedy, i always thought that he was on the slower side.

I'ld rather go for blokes such as Matty Campbell, Thomas, Ben Speight, Leroy Jetta, Davey, Wonaeamirri, Djerrkura....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think its gone past a rumour.

but you'd think no trade for Griffin = no trade for Jabobs

If this is the case we are stupid. Why leave it in the hands of Griffin? I dont care if we bloody delist him. If we can get Jacobs for a reasonable price we should get him regardless of Griffin.

If Fremantle dont want to give up anything for him I'd even take Schammer for him if it meant getting rid of Griffin and gaining Jacobs.

Or even if Fremantle will only give a very low pick, we could at least pick up a mature SANFL player with a late pick.

Please AFC dont let Griffin stay in the way of getting Jacobs :mad:.

Pretty sure you just have to tattoo 'Bitch' on our forehead

No, it's just that Crows supporters disagree/don't recognise the potential that Sellar has.

I'd personally think that in the long term, the trade could easily weigh in Carlton's favour.

Selfishly i want Sellar to stay. Will be a valuable AFL player. However, for him Carlton would be an astute move. I can see him playing some excellent football as a KPD for you.

If this is the chttp://www.bigfooty.com/forum/curves/editor/menupop.gifase we are stupid. Why leave it in the hands of Griffin? I dont care if we bloody delist him. If we can get Jacobs for a reasonable price we should get him regardless of Griffin.

If Fremantle dont want to give up anything for him I'd even take Schammer for him if it meant getting rid of Griffin and gaining Jacobs.

Or even if Fremantle will only give a very low pick, we could at least pick up a mature SANFL player with a late pick.

Please AFC dont let Griffin stay in the way of getting Jacobs :mad:.

I agree with this, if getting Sam Jacobs makes us a better side, pull the trigger on that trade. Even if it means trading him for nothing or even delisting Griffin. No if's, no buts, we have to become a better side in 2011 and keeping player who don't have the skills will not achieve this.

Sellar for Walker trade (with maybe draft picks exchanged) could well be one of those win/win/win/win trades:

Carlton get a KPD
Adelaide a running midfielder/hbf
Sellar gets an opportunity to actually play in his best position (CHB/FB)
Walker gets an opportunity to play in his best position

I think our development (or lack of) of Sellar shows several issues:
- the need for a proper reserves side where we have complete control of where players play...... eg Sellar could have had more experience at CHB/FB
- Sellar's own loyalty to Glenelg could well end up to his own long term detriment. IMO he would have been much better off moving to South Adelaide (or another side) that needed a big body CHB/FB and a side that would have played him in that position rather than as a utility type ruckman.
- Sellar is much more agile and mobile than a lot of supporters give him credit for, but his agility & mobility is more in the Bock mould in that he is a straight ahead type of player hence best suited to CHB/FB role.
- Unfortunately, we have Davis at CHB, so unless Sellar is willing to wait for Rutten to retire then for his own sake, i believe it would be better to try to go to a club such as Carlton who can use him.
- Sometimes we have to give up a good player in order to receive a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back