Retired Dale Thomas [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously dodgy list management decision to turf him IMO.

Smacks of the club getting ahead of itself, and with Simpson not far away from retirement and uncertainty surrounding Docherty it would have been a prudent move to give him another year.

Might also help to explain the reported 2 mil we’d be paying Coniglio next year.

Gold Coast should absolutely sign him up.

Smacks of the club getting ahead of itself, and with Simpson not far away from retirement and uncertainty surrounding Docherty it would have been a prudent move to give him another year.

Might also help to explain the reported 2 mil we’d be paying Coniglio next year.

No disrespect, should end with the high, can't see him doing much with GCS,Just one year too long.

My take is they're moving on senior players 1 by 1 and slowly blooding players who will actually have experience by the time Carlton start contending. It's better to get games into these prospects early.
I'm guessing Newman surprised a few and they see him more as permanent replacement for when Daisy retires and for when Docherty comes back in.

honest depth player since he left Collingwood...

He's been fantastic this year...a really good half back flanker who wins a lot of contests and offers rebound.

Unfortunately for him we need to transition our list as we can't have both him and Simpson playing on next year.

Either GC or a contender who needs a smaller defender should be interested.

My take is they're moving on senior players 1 by 1 and slowly blooding players who will actually have experience by the time Carlton start contending. It's better to get games into these prospects early.
I'm guessing Newman surprised a few and they see him more as permanent replacement for when Daisy retires and for when Docherty comes back in.

I reckon SPS’ move into defence was probably a big factor too. Looks a natural in that role.

Still think Daisy would have been handy for another year, and his departure leaves us reasonably vulnerable (again) if we get another spate of injuries ala 2018.

I imagine the club is planning an off-season purge, and chopping Daisy gives us another 400-500k to play with next year. There might be a few players outside our main targets we think are obtainable, and will require some extra wriggle room cap-wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale Thomas having a couple of glasses of wine is the biggest overreaction ever. Ridiculous. At a ******* charity event too, yep I'm sure he was a menace!

Let's not forget Luke Hodge had a few a month out from completing a threepeat (drove home too!). If you think having a few wines at a charity event and being well behaved is 'bad culture' then let me introduce you to Jack Riewoldt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back