Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem will be finding the player that both clubs are satisfied with and wants to move. Not quite as simple as just plucking names out.

Thats why we tell them now and give them a week to find a suitable player.

If Geelong don't have to find a player to trade, why would they even try?

We have to be complete bastards in this and not say yes until we are totally satisfied.

Pick 9, pick 30 and GHS isn't even close.

I understand why the cats are like this. They had a free agent who was restricted once, called Gary Ablett Junior, they quite liked him and he marched without much to and/or fro, so they think that's how all RFA's work. The complicating factor in this one is that it's somebody leaving for probably less money (rather than more) so the home club is definitely going to be able to match the offer, which throws a spanner in the FA works.
GAJ was never a free agent - restricted or otherwise. He moved to the Gold Coast before Free Agency was introduced at the end of the 2012 season.

You think that pick 9 this year and our first next year - for argument's sake let's say pick 13 - is fair compensation?

Not at all for a player of Dangers ilk, but as close as we could get to.

If that makes sense.

I agree. He's not a spud just like an average car with no observable, redeemable qualities isn't lemon. It's just that there's nothing at all special about him that nakes him stand out.

OK, if we are talking steak knives as part of this deal I'd be reasonably comfortable if it was Billy Smedts, far more "potential" and a better list fit for the AFC though his inconsistency and at times injury problems are a bit of a worry, What's his "status" at the GFC and what sort of character is he?

OK, if we are talking steak knives as part of this deal I'd be reasonably comfortable if it was Billy Smedts, far more "potential" and a better list fit for the AFC though his inconsistency and at times injury problems are a bit of a worry, What's his "status" at the GFC and what sort of character is he?
Signed a 2 year deal about a month ago

They re-signed him for 2 more years recently.

What would pick 28, Josh Walker & CEY get?

Any chance the Western bulldogs would consider Pick 11?

I believe that your comrades have answered for the most part, but my view is that Billie was a kid who killed it in U/18 for the Falcons and Geelong Grammar in school footy, but struggles with the step-up in intensity required to succeed at AFL level. He needs to work on the basics before he can play like a millionaire, but that's exactly what he's lacking at the moment.

As for his character, he was done taking a selfie with a selfie stick driving over the Christmas period in 2013/2014, but he swears his car was stationery at the time.the picture was taken. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't, but I guess having the TAC as one of your club's sponsors, you'll try anything. Whether that says anything about his character other than being a stupid early-twentys male I guess is up to an individual's interpretation.

Please move on from semantics folks.
Semantics? Don't you know that the Dangerfield trade will ultimately only be sealed by the two clubs as a result of the talks in this thread? We all await, watching with bated breath.

Semantics indeed. Good day to you sir!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is amazing how many people don't see the benefit it can have for players even if they don't move clubs, or even have no intention of moving clubs.

There are 2 primary restrictions on a player in the AFL

1. He doesn't get paid what he's worth in the market
2. He doesn't get to choose where he plays

RFA addresses #1 and then UFA tackles #2

That's the design.

Yep, highlighted by the fact that we are not bound to our matching offer, in the unlikely event he decided to stay. We would be free to negotiate with him as we would with any other listed, uncontracted player.

We are bound to our matching offer if he chooses to enforce

So say Geelong lodges 5m over 6 years. And we match

Danger has the option to accept that matched contract and it applies whether we like it or not. He also has the option to say alright bitches, here we are, I want 7m over 6 or I'm outta here

We don't get the right to choose when we match

We are bound to our matching offer if he chooses to enforce

So say Geelong lodges 5m over 6 years. And we match

Danger has the option to accept that matched contract and it applies whether we like it or not. He also has the option to say alright bitches, here we are, I want 7m over 6 or I'm outta here

We don't get the right to choose when we match
I dont think feenix meant we are not bound at all, but that should both parties choose to we can renogotiate.

The only party who can choose to renegotiate is PD.
Not if we dont want to. We cant renogotiate if danger doesnt want to and he cant if we dont want to. If he nominates a contract length of 6 years and we accept he can then take it or leave it, he cant then say he wants a 1 year contract without us agreeing. The contract doesnt become active just because we say we'll match.

But we're getting into semantics again.

The only party who can choose to renegotiate is PD.
It's technical, but I'm pretty sure that matching is merely a mechanism, which makes him listed but uncontracted, at which point one of the options is to sign back on under any terms agreed upon.

The only stipulation when matching is that it fits our TPP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back