Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So realistically what would the pies supporters be happy with in a trade for a pick ?

Would Richmonds 1st pick get it done
Probably! ;)
But that presumed cap space.
Will you're stars take another pay cut for a guy who can play... but never gets on the park?!

Anyways, I hope he stays. 2 years. If he's still got hamstring issues after that he's welcome to move along...

Sydney's first pick is 12, possibly downgraded to 13 or 14. If they're still keen, surely that gets it done? Would be passed straight onto Gold Coast, along with their own first, as part of a deal for May.

If we gave away Moore and our first pick for May, I for one would be pissed.
May would be the glue that holds your backline together for years, with Dunn and Sack unlikely to have any more than 50 combined games left in the tank.

May would be the glue that holds your backline together for years, with Dunn and Sack unlikely to have any more than 50 combined games left in the tank.
I am not saying that I wouldn't like him at Collingwood. I just wouldn't give up Moore and a first rounder for him.
If Moore wants to go, fair enough trade him for a first rounder, then get May as a free agent next year.
But to give up someone with the potential of Moore and also our first rounder, just screams of desperation and I would just put it back a year.

I am not saying that I wouldn't like him at Collingwood. I just wouldn't give up Moore and a first rounder for him.
If Moore wants to go, fair enough trade him for a first rounder, then get May as a free agent next year.
But to give up someone with the potential of Moore and also our first rounder, just screams of desperation and I would just put it back a year.
Waiting until next year to get May is a bit risky. There will be plenty of other clubs chasing his signature.

Ideally it will be great to have both May and Moore. If Moore goes I believe it will only be to the Swans, otherwise he will stay.

Given Buddy has been struggling with injury and is getting on, and Reid just can’t get on the park, I think the Swans are desperate enough to pay up for Moore unless someone else comes along and is gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney's first pick is 12, possibly downgraded to 13 or 14. If they're still keen, surely that gets it done? Would be passed straight onto Gold Coast, along with their own first, as part of a deal for May.

Sydney won’t be using that pick for Moore. Their 1st round will be used on Blakey from the academy. So unless they get creative with another deal/swap Moore won’t be at the Swans, imo.

Sydney won’t be using that pick for Moore. Their 1st round will be used on Blakey from the academy. So unless they get creative with another deal/swap Moore won’t be at the Swans, imo.

Actually it is advantageous for us to trade our first round pick so that we can use our 2 2nd rounders on Blakey

I feel for the Pies on this one as if his injuries come good he is going to be a star, but it appears from the outside that he'll be coming to us for that 1st round pick

Not really on the Swans radar. They made some Enquiries but only very low down the pecking order.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably! ;)
But that presumed cap space.
Will you're stars take another pay cut for a guy who can play... but never gets on the park?!

Anyways, I hope he stays. 2 years. If he's still got hamstring issues after that he's welcome to move along...
Cap Space ??? We wont pay him too much $250k a year with another $500k Puma endorsement ;)

All the more reason to trade the pick actually. As long as they return enough later picks to add up to enough points in order to match a bid for Blakey, then they are all sweet

Don't want to see him go but if he chooses to walk then we need to get May in to replace. A 1st rounder and Moore seems too much for May for mine but maybe a 3 way trade with Lloyd going to the Suns, May to Pies and Moore to Swans with some later picks or players to make it even for all seems possible at this point.

The preference would be to keep Moore and get May. If the above trade happened I'd like to keep our first rounder for another trade for a KPP.

Don't want to see him go but if he chooses to walk then we need to get May in to replace. A 1st rounder and Moore seems too much for May for mine but maybe a 3 way trade with Lloyd going to the Suns, May to Pies and Moore to Swans with some later picks or players to make it even for all seems possible at this point.

The preference would be to keep Moore and get May. If the above trade happened I'd like to keep our first rounder for another trade for a KPP.
Even though they're first round picks come draft night they could be late teens/early 20s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back