Current Darren Weir - Torture Charges

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know, I don’t think it offered much. I also don’t like that he inferred the probable involvement of jockeys (possible, but certainly not required to pull it off), or his continued mentions of “small rural trainers” possibly partaking in this stuff. The guys getting busted are some of the biggest trainers in the state.

The “oh they all do it” thing is annoying. There’s doubtlessly people out there doing the wrong thing, but to infer it’s all of them is very unfair. There are hundreds and hundreds of trainers in Victoria alone.
I said I learned a lot. As someone who knows nothing about the industry. Probably common knowledge to those who do follow it. Yeah the continual back blocks trainers references were baffling.

He's got more charges that look really serious. Stuff him.

Police have charged Melbourne Cup-winning horse trainer Darren Weir and two other men with animal cruelty offences following raids on Weir's stables near Ballarat and Warrnambool in January this year

Weir, 49, was charged with a total of nine offences including three counts of "engaging in the torturing, abusing, overworking and terrifying" of a thoroughbred racehorse and three counts of "causing unreasonable pain or suffering" to a racehorse.

Don't they think he's lost enough.
Thoroughbreds are known for having hearts like peas with brains to match. Going by some of the efforts a few I've backed have put in I'd think an electric shock up the arse would be the appropiate treatment.
Maybe to satisfy the whingers they could try strapping a can of dog food around their necks, might give em a move on.

Don't they think he's lost enough.
Thoroughbreds are known for having hearts like peas with brains to match. Going by some of the efforts a few I've backed have put in I'd think an electric shock up the arse would be the appropiate treatment.
Maybe to satisfy the whingers they could try strapping a can of dog food around their necks, might give em a move on.
It's about cruelty to the horse. Horses aren't like greyhounds that will chase anything that moves, at top speed, whenever they see it, any time of day or night. While horses are natural runners they don't spend much time running and will only (naturally) do so when in the mood, which usually doesn't coincide with the timing of their training runs or race.

Whatever the sport, if you're breaking the rules you need to be outed or at least fined, depending on the offence. Being cruel to an animal is about as bad as it gets in sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back