Recommitted David Zaharakis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone whose info I trust (especially when it comes to Essendon) told me he wants out. And that he wanted out last year.

Find it hard to believe, especially when he seems Essendon through and through.
Well it was reported last night that paperwork for a new 2 year deal was lodged. Highly doubt that he'd leave and said it himself on number of occasions this year.

I miss Pops but glad he got a 2nd chance. You reckon he's 50/50 for next season?
Yeah definitely looking likely. Depends on how Kelly feels at the end of they year according to Woosha

2 poor games? Get your rose coloured glasses off. He has had 20 or under in 7 games this year. Jump onto your board and check out the comments after a lot of his games. Your own supporters smash him.

He has been far better than you give him credit for from a B - grade at best midfielder.

He has been far better than you give him credit for from a B - grade at best midfielder.

Guy has no ******* idea what he's talking about. Not sure why you even even biting.

Maybe he has a fear of pens as well.
He could be holding out for North Melbourne to offer him a massive deal once Martin has gone to Sydney and Kelly goes to Carlton and North have no one else to chase ;). If one is to believe Carlton supporters that they have Kelly locked away and Swans supporters that Martin wants to escape the Melbourne footy media fishbowl.

Think he will stay but the Suns are having a decent crack from what I've heard
If Ablett does leave they do have to get some senior midfielders up there. Although i would think they would be chasing a inside midfielder before going for an outside midfielder in Zaharakis, unless they are trying to fill both needs this off-season.

He could be holding out for North Melbourne to offer him a massive deal once Martin has gone to Sydney and Kelly goes to Carlton and North have no one else to chase ;). If one is to believe Carlton supporters that they have Kelly locked away and Swans supporters that Martin wants to escape the Melbourne footy media fishbowl.
Actually we are missing outside class. The problem is he would get tagged each week at our club so would add little until we got a good mid in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worsfold said that money was the sticking point but he expected Zaka to sign sooner rather than later. Hopefully we hear something this week. Zaka himself said he wasn't planning on leaving so fingers crossed...

Still not signed. I reckon he would slot in perfectly at the dees, as we have a plethora of inside mids to feed him: tyson, viney, oliver, jones, lewis, brayshaw. But we lack some outside run and good ball use. Would happily offer him 700-800k to get him to move from essendon, and front end the contract heavily so when all our young guns need to be re-signed we have the cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back