Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC emulation and ps3 only for TradeDraft !

Yep but I got a Nintendo Switch last week.

Also have Nes and SNES Mini and also got a Rasberry PI that I put Retro Pi around Christmas time. NES Mini was a X-Mas Present

I reckon we’re waiting for Beam’s management to formally approach us with retirement and then look to negotiate a deal to help with what carries into the cap and what doesn’t.

Thats why we have what 2 flags in 50 odd years?

No accountability.

in any other common workplace, this would not have gone down well with nobody taking accountability.

it’s not about scapegoating anyone—-this is simply business.
Better check with Balti Jack to see if he accepts your maths.

Not all comparable - some players just don't make it either initially or at a 2nd club - there were some specific and unique risks with this trade.

Did Cwood think he's a good player who could fill a spot or was there more to it that goes outside the usual recruiting parameters? - ie we could help him with a raft of personal issues as well inc $$$$ probs?

You're right they're not directly comparable but all can be deemed unsuccessful recruiting decisions.

I believe the club felt that Beams could add strength to our midfield and his on-field results in 2018 were strong indicators of this; this was plain for all to see.

I suspect that Beams was not in as dire a situation in Brisbane during 2018 and that his return to Melbourne backfired for both him and us.

So it’s harder to make selections without knowing the future?
I know that I was disappointed at the time when we drafted Mclarty and C. Brown in 2017. Brown in particular I still maintain was a sentimental selection over needs.

I know that I was disappointed at the time when we drafted Mclarty and C. Brown in 2017. Brown in particular I still maintain was a sentimental selection over needs.
Thanks Harry Hindsight.

It's obvious that you're not even reading comments now. Time for you to check out and reload for "Thread Sabotage 8: Electric Beamaloo"
Sounds like a fab time for all.

I reckon we’re waiting for Beam’s management to formally approach us with retirement and then look to negotiate a deal to help with what carries into the cap and what doesn’t.
Perhaps the club could offer to buy some of his artwork at a vastly inflated price in lieu of salary.

Perhaps the club could offer to buy some of his artwork at a vastly inflated price in lieu of salary.
I like the way you think.

Of course the club couldn't actually do that.

uR9IDF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could genuinely see the club doing this as part of the exit negotiations. We love the "jobs for the boys" contingency in deals and this one would be right up there with Tim Golds for incentive carrots.

The Collingwood way.
I seem to remember a bit of talk at the time that Ned Guy wanted to land a big fish in his first year in the job. Not sure how true this is but he was certainly one of the group who were at the forefront of discussions. I doubt that Bucks was highly instrumental here because he was lukewarm about Beams during his first incarnation.

I seem to remember a bit of talk at the time that Ned Guy wanted to land a big fish in his first year in the job. Not sure how true this is but he was certainly one of the group who were at the forefront of discussions. I doubt that Bucks was highly instrumental here because he was lukewarm about Beams during his first incarnation.
Beams won the Copeland under Bucks.

“Perhaps the club could offer to buy some of his artwork at a vastly inflated price in lieu of salary.”
I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish.

First off, we wouldn't do it as it would be seen as manipulating the cap. So a couple of people having a laugh.

To the point of your post, how the hell does this diminish his artwork FFS?

Re-think the scenario that we are purchasing Monet's but we still going to pay overs!

Sorry mate, I hope you are well but you seem to be struggling ATM.

I'm sorry but that is absolute rubbish.

First off, we wouldn't do it as it would be seen as manipulating the cap. So a couple of people having a laugh.

To the point of your post, how the hell does this diminish his artwork FFS?

Re-think the scenario that we are purchasing Monet's but we still going to pay overs!

Sorry mate, I hope you are well but you seem to be struggling ATM.
I’m fine thanks. Why mention his art at all. Like you said, it’s a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back