Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are the one and the same?:)

I just wish Beams would retire. So over the Beams discussion just like I was over him when he left.

Seriously what more can be said that hasn't already?

I would love that, I'm sick of the man and situation.

Had an inbox last night from another rookie, seriously all these rookies coming after me trying to prove something.

Not fooling anyone.

I would love that, I'm sick of the man and situation.

Had an inbox last night from another rookie, seriously all these rookies coming after me trying to prove something.

Not fooling anyone.

Not worth the angst and none of us are going to influence the club's decision in anyway but as a long life supporter, I am so over it all.

But in terms of role he didn't bring anything to the table that we dont already have in the team, ie he didn't address weakness' left over from the GF loss.
Something always over looked by people who espouse on his top 10 in AFL year...Beams inclusion if anything seemed to really upset the sides dynamics.
Yeah basically I agree although I felt a stronger midfield might have made a difference in that last quarter. But you'd think a top ten player would add to a team even if he wasn't exactly what we needed. Bucks must have signed off on this to some extent and surely he would have said "nah, don't need" if it was crystal clear.
Don't know about the side dynamics. We didn't look good when he played but I don't know enough to judge whether Beams was the problem.
Don't get me wrong. Never believed this trade was going to happen as it seemed ridiculous to me (as to many others). In coming to terms with it I don't see it as stupid from the Pies point of view as current circumstances make it appear. It wasn't a good trade, it was a mistake but not as bad as the lynch mob would have it and does not indicate the pies recruitment/leadership is a mess.

Happy with either option personally - whatever decision is best for his wellbeing, irrespective of any rumoured stories about him (which a big chunk of are made up anyway)

Retires = hopefully can step away from media attention and get all the help he needs to live out a healthy life.

Plays = Flag + Norm Smith 2020, absolute redemption story for him.

p.s.Retire option also includes a pies flag :)

But in terms of role he didn't bring anything to the table that we dont already have in the team, ie he didn't address weakness' left over from the GF loss.

Something always over looked by people who espouse on his top 10 in AFL year...Beams inclusion if anything seemed to really upset the sides dynamics.

I predominantly agree although I'm much more circumspect on his on-field impact to the team dynamic outside of the expected transitional period. Beams essentially just took the Sier midfield spot that was available anyway because Sier got hurt during the preseason.

At the end of 2018 and the way the GF played out I was actually optimistic that our existing midfield group could bridge the gap. Treloar had just returned from the hammy injury, Sier was showing signs he could enhance the established core, and Sidey despite a quiet GF was coming off his best ever season. I expected JDG to gain more midfield presence, and a few of the kids like Daicos and Brown to improve.

Be very interesting to get some insights into what the club were expecting.

All this could have positive effect this year moving forward, unifying and strengthening the team, some additional cash to keep the guys we need to hang onto, extra motivation, space for other talent to get established.

When we win the GF this year we can then talk about the trade as a successful one...….lol
L don,t think I am ever going to think of it as a success but I can see your reasoning,

Happy with either option personally - whatever decision is best for his wellbeing, irrespective of any rumoured stories about him (which a big chunk of are made up anyway)

Retires = hopefully can step away from media attention and get all the help he needs to live out a healthy life.

Plays = Flag + Norm Smith 2020, absolute redemption story for him.

p.s.Retire option also includes a pies flag :)
Not sure how you know that the rumours are largely made up - I don’t even know the substance to them - but they couldn’t be much more fairy tale like than your second Beams option in which he wins the Norm Smith medal!

reporting them results in no action whatsoever from bf authorities
In my experience, this is not the case.
If you report straight from the PM it goes to Admin.
Alternatively you can report it to us and we will take it up on your behalf.
For the record, the person in question is well known to us, (and the board) in this instance and he has been zapped.

In my experience, this is not the case.
If you report straight from the PM it goes to Admin.
Alternatively you can report it to us and we will take it up on your behalf.
For the record, the person in question is well known to us, (and the board) in this instance and he has been zapped.
I did say ‘in my experience’ and I did report it straight from the PM. This was 2-3 years back and the poster in question PM’d on several occasions. Hopefully as you say action taken now by admin is more decisive.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish someone would take responsibility for recruiting Treloar, Adams, WHE, Crisp, Howe etc.
That person should burn in hell.
That was Hine.

Hine essentially got demoted and in came ned guy who is absolutely not up to scratch.

Hine is the guy to thank for the fact we are a top 4 team again.

He will retire as some on this board have been saying for a while now.

Are you saying he will be back in the black and white again this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back