Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a completely unsubstantiated theory that Eddie has a policy of looking after anyone who has won a GF at Collingwood, as a sort of incentive. Regardless of what you do afterwards, you'll be looked after. The way he gets former premiership players back into the club regardless of the circumstances under which they left, or what they did off field. As I said unsubstantiated but I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a completely unsubstantiated theory that Eddie has a policy of looking after anyone who has won a GF at Collingwood, as a sort of incentive. Regardless of what you do afterwards, you'll be looked after. The way he gets former premiership players back into the club regardless of the circumstances under which they left, or what they did off field. As I said unsubstantiated but I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
probably a fair bet - if true the policy has its pros and cons

I've had this clarified that it may not have been credit cards. That maybe it was borrowing money and not giving it back.

Well the Truth at the Moment it's just Internet/Social Media Rumor so at the Moment take it with a Grain of Salt

:( oh well I hope it's a jar of good quality stuff and not chemical junk!
Curry paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, leg fillet, peas, spring onion, broccoli and bok choy. Goes alright

Two things.

There's only room for one JB on this board, and so it seems I'll have to tuck my moniker into my sort-of-mannish satchel and come up with something else. Two JB enter, one JB leave. Well that's just ******* great.

Two, with all due respect to TheGreatGrundy (who enjoy reading very much and love like a brother who behaves decently on social occasions but otherwise keeps his distance), there's no doubt that I have been the most sensible person on this board throughout the Beams saga, but not as sensible as the people who stayed off the Beams thread altogether. They are truly wise.

Actually, three things: Welcome back!
Ha ha JB1975, I wondered if the new JB was your BF cyber relative, until I realised that the new username belonged to our former comrade, CFC. I did suggest he retain his former username but it seems he prefers to pressure you into a name change. Personally I hope you resist the urge to pack your sort-of-mannish-satchel with monikers and keep JB1975 so you remain instantly recognisable.

As to who has been the most sensible Beams board poster, this will depend on the outcome of the saga. I am not privy to the details of any of the rumours. When 'theft of credit cards' becomes downgraded to 'not repaying borrowed money', it's easy to see why details should not be released.

Two things.

There's only room for one JB on this board, and so it seems I'll have to tuck my moniker into my sort-of-mannish satchel and come up with something else. Two JB enter, one JB leave. Well that's just ******* great.

Two, with all due respect to TheGreatGrundy (who enjoy reading very much and love like a brother who behaves decently on social occasions but otherwise keeps his distance), there's no doubt that I have been the most sensible person on this board throughout the Beams saga, but not as sensible as the people who stayed off the Beams thread altogether. They are truly wise.

You are the true JB.

You are the true JB.

I like to think so, but then I think about the roll call of messiahs who came before Jesus strutted his stuff, all of them 'true' messiahs. Remember them? No, no one does because they were outdone by the glamorous upstart.

I can feel a crisis of confidence coming on.

do you make the curry paste yourself - mortar and pestle stuff with chillies, garlic, tumeric etc or is a jar of bought stuff sloshed into the pan?
If my Mrs doesn’t make it from scratch she’ll only get the small Maesri brand cans of curry paste.

I like to think so, but then I think about the roll call of messiahs who came before Jesus strutted his stuff, all of them 'true' messiahs. Remember them? No, no one does because they were outdone by the glamorous upstart.

I can feel a crisis of confidence coming on.
Jesus was a dude who said we should show some empathy. I reckon you fit that a bit better than the “glamorous upstart.”

Jesus was a dude who said we should show some empathy. I reckon you fit that a bit better than the “glamorous upstart.”

A compliment with a tiny sledge wrapped inside, not sure I can accept. What would Jesus do?

One thing's for sure, this board could learn to turn the other cheek with a bit more regularity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha JB1975, I wondered if the new JB was your BF cyber relative, until I realised that the new username belonged to our former comrade, CFC. I did suggest he retain his former username but it seems he prefers to pressure you into a name change. Personally I hope you resist the urge to pack your sort-of-mannish-satchel with monikers and keep JB1975 so you remain instantly recognisable.

As to who has been the most sensible Beams board poster, this will depend on the outcome of the saga. I am not privy to the details of any of the rumours. When 'theft of credit cards' becomes downgraded to 'not repaying borrowed money', it's easy to see why details should not be released.

I'll take that as an acknowledgment that I have, indeed, been the most sensible contributor on this subject...

As to changing my name, I plumbed the depths of my imagination when I first joined BF and found that a fairly desolate experience. I could only conjure JB1975, and I think I'll spare myself the needless agony and inevitable deflation of coming up with something else. I am, have always been, and will always be...JB.

Two things.

Two, with all due respect to TheGreatGrundy (who I enjoy reading very much and love like a brother who behaves decently on social occasions but otherwise keeps his distance), there's no doubt that I have been the most sensible person on this board throughout the Beams saga, but not as sensible as the people who stayed off the Beams thread altogether. They are truly wise.

My name is Bakos........Jim......Bakos

(Bakos pronounced like Daicos by the way)

It sounds better when James Bond says it 😂

By the way JB you will always be the true JB here on bigfooty.

Thanks for the welcome back......I have missed you also mate.

My name is Bakos........Jim......Bakos

(Bakos pronounced like Daicos by the way)

It sounds better when James Bond says it 😂

By the way JB you will always be the true JB here on bigfooty.

Thanks for the welcome back......I have missed you also mate.

I never was a fan of the Bond movies, but I reckon I'd be more interested if they gave the lead a Greek-Australian flavour. At the very least it'd involve a different choice of alcoholic beverage and a more muscular type of automobile...

I'm reassured by your reassurances. Much appreciated.

Yours truly, the true JB.

A compliment with a tiny sledge wrapped inside, not sure I can accept. What would Jesus do?

One thing's for sure, this board could learn to turn the other cheek with a bit more regularity.
Jesus would turn water into wine and have a party.

I never was a fan of the Bond movies, but I reckon I'd be more interested if they gave the lead a Greek-Australian flavour. At the very least it'd involve a different choice of alcoholic beverage and a more muscular type of automobile...

I'm reassured by your reassurances. Much appreciated.

Yours truly, the true JB.

The weird think JB is that when thinking of a new user name I thought of a number plate I always wanted since I was in primary school.......I did say weird yeah?

Unfortunately Bond and even a Greek-Australian flavour wouldn’t be very #metoo compatible in this day of age.

In all honesty to everyone this “Beams Thing” has challenged me as a person on this forum.

As I told the Good Horse last night my hiatus has had a positive effect on me.

It saddens me that people like the Gimp have left here as he offered this board so much more than I ever will.

I won’t be as active as I was in the past moving forward......in my opinion our board has lost its way during this Beams saga. Just my opinion people.

On a positive note I am loving our AFLW team.......so angry at our loss to Freo but smashing the Dees tomorrow will be a nice start to the weekend.

P.S Soups TradeDraft I tried to stay away boys. 😜

I was going to be Horse With No Name but decided I really hate the desert.
Give desert rock a go. Yawning Man are an awesome example of the genre.

Kick back with a six pack of IPA and let in flow over you.

My feelings for Beams almost parallel those I have for China at the moment. Both through their actions are negatively impacting my personal well being.
Hey fellow addictive personality - my two cents, China ain't as bad as the western media would like to paint them. They have spent millennia learning the collective is more important than the individual. When/if this whole coronary thing hits us we will be in way more pain learning that lesson.
IF these Rumors are True should Beams be Arrested Then?
Might be the whole guts of the issue there TD. Anywhere I have worked if someone commits a crime its up to the appropriate authorities to deal with. I suspect the AFL clubs beat to a different drum ... ;)

Hey fellow addictive personality - my two cents, China ain't as bad as the western media would like to paint them. They have spent millennia learning the collective is more important than the individual. When/if this whole coronary thing hits us we will be in way more pain learning that lesson.

Might be the whole guts of the issue there TD. Anywhere I have worked if someone commits a crime its up to the appropriate authorities to deal with. I suspect the AFL clubs beat to a different drum ... ;)
Four Corners on Monday cited the handling of pangolin meat as the most likely source of the virus. Pangolins are sweet creatures that are the most heavily trafficked mammal in the world. I am an animal lover, and the treatment of animals in China, both wild and 'domesticated', is all too often abhorrent.

Plus I rely on share investments for my income and the Australian dollar for my winter escape. The coronavirus has not been kind to either and there is no doubt more pain to come. That was the basis of my comment.

Last edited:
Four Corners on Monday cited the handling of pangolin meat as the most likely source of the virus. Pangolins are sweet creatures that are the most heavily trafficked mammal in the world. I am an animal lover, and the treatment of animals in China, both wild and 'domesticated', is all too often abhorrent.

Plus I rely on investments for my income and the Australian dollar for my winter escape. The coronavirus has not been kind to either and there is no doubt more pain to come. That was the basis of my comment.
From what I have seen over there its old culture based on survival but glad I am not an animal in china, yeah you are right it is abhorrent.
We have a long time planned, partly booked holiday over that way in a couple of months. Share your basis. :(

It would've been nice if he used his magical powers to help people live longer than 30, instead of making more wine...
Yeah, but it’s really good wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back