No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many bottom teams we played?

Umm Carlton beat Brisbane and are we an in form team?

Seriously your confidence is overboard.
are you for real - they beat Brisbane the week they changed coaches. After that they have beaten who.. Freo, Gold Coast and Sydney. That is currently 11th, 15th & 18th. We have lost 3 of our last 4 - Geelong in Geelong, port in a showdown that are always 50/50 games anyway and essendon who have won what - 6 of their last 7 games. Why are you so scared of Carlton.

are you for real - they beat Brisbane the week they changed coaches. After that they have beaten who.. Freo, Gold Coast and Sydney. That is currently 11th, 15th & 18th. We have lost 3 of our last 4 - Geelong in Geelong, port in a showdown that are always 50/50 games anyway and essendon who have won what - 6 of their last 7 games. Why are you so scared of Carlton.
Probably because he has eyes and follows the crows and football in general.

So you asked which in form team they beat, I give you one and it’s but.

They also just lost to the Bulldogs after being behind twice. They came back against Melbourne, they’ve shown they never go away

You pointed out we’ve lost 3 of our last 4, the only team we’ve beaten are Gold Coast. In each of our losses we have been smashed and embarrassed after half time. So what are you basing your confidence on?

I’m realistic that we are not playing well. I’m realistic that we are slow. I’m realistic that Carlton are no longer the Carlton under Bolton. I’m realistic that Teague knows us inside and out. I’m realistic that it’s at the G.

There is nothing to suggest this will be a walk in the park, nothing and your over confidence is ridiculous.

Probably because of our huge inconsistency between half that none of us are very confidence (most are slightly confidence), if we play well for a half we will easily win as I don't think Carlton has the quality to come back after a half, play the entire game like we did in the 2nd half and there's a huge chance we will loss it.

So you asked which in form team they beat, I give you one and it’s but.

They also just lost to the Bulldogs after being behind twice. They came back against Melbourne, they’ve shown they never go away

You pointed out we’ve lost 3 of our last 4, the only team we’ve beaten are Gold Coast. In each of our losses we have been smashed and embarrassed after half time. So what are you basing your confidence on?

I’m realistic that we are not playing well. I’m realistic that we are slow. I’m realistic that Carlton are no longer the Carlton under Bolton. I’m realistic that Teague knows us inside and out. I’m realistic that it’s at the G.

There is nothing to suggest this will be a walk in the park, nothing and your over confidence is ridiculous.
Had we kicked straight v Essendon we win - we belted them in the first half and only didn't put scoreboard pressure on and it put pressure on us at the end of the game. We had a shocking second half against port but again, we kicked what 1 goal 7 early in the game and could / should have been 5-6 goals up at half time had we kicked straight. We were level with Geelong at Geelong at 3/4 time and faded int he last. SO what that tells me is that our 1st halves are very strong and we need to take our chances. Forget Gold Coast as that was a training run. Before that we beat Richmond and GWS. SO please spare me your pessimism and get behind the team instead of expecting a loss against a bottom ranked team that has held its own against the other bottom ranked teams

Probably because of our huge inconsistency between half that none of us are very confidence (most are slightly confidence), if we play well for a half we will easily win as I don't think Carlton has the quality to come back after a half, play the entire game like we did in the 2nd half and there's a huge chance we will loss it.
That is a fair point although Gold Coast is a good barometer as both sides have played them in the last 2 weeks with vastly different performances

Had we kicked straight v Essendon we win - we belted them in the first half and only didn't put scoreboard pressure on and it put pressure on us at the end of the game. We had a shocking second half against port but again, we kicked what 1 goal 7 early in the game and could / should have been 5-6 goals up at half time had we kicked straight. We were level with Geelong at Geelong at 3/4 time and faded int he last. SO what that tells me is that our 1st halves are very strong and we need to take our chances. Forget Gold Coast as that was a training run. Before that we beat Richmond and GWS. SO please spare me your pessimism and get behind the team instead of expecting a loss against a bottom ranked team that has held its own against the other bottom ranked teams
So I’m not getting behind the team because I’m not cocky?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those Carlton fans are crazy, a poster said pick 19 + 8 (at worst) for pick 3 or 4 is a win for them and none bother to correct him/her.....I thought we had some lack of football knowledge posters but they take the cake over there.

mate - you are acting like is is a near certainty we are going to lose
No I’m not, I’m pointing out the reasons why it isn’t a sure thing.

I’m surprised I’m even having to. Besides yourself and 123 who else do you see on here carrying on that the game is won? That’s a pretty big hint.

Anyway I’m done, if you want to keep banking the 4 points before the game, go ahead. I just hope you are right.

I’m surprised I’m even having to. Besides yourself and 123 who else do you see on here carrying on that the game is won? That’s a pretty big hint.

Anyway I’m done, if you want to keep banking the 4 points before the game, go ahead. I just hope you are right.
If we play like we did in the 1st half we will easily win, and that's even if we don't take our chances which we did against Port Power/Essendon and the Cats (to some extent) because I don't think they have the quality to come back after half time if we dish up that 2nd half s**t and we will more than likely hang on for a win (instead of losing it like we did against those 3 teams). That's why the bookies have Carlton at 2.60 (you should get on it).

Seems the sports betting has us as warm favorites - that is usually a good pointer of what the punters think

As Kane pointed out in the other thread, Essendon were $3.45
EC's point above was that most are not confident of a crows win - odds reflect punters thoughts as they are the ones putting money on. As I have pointed out above, we should have won the Essendon game but bad kicking cost us in the end - the second half comeback would have been a lot harder if instead of 7 goals 12 it was 12 goals 7

We were beaten at home fielding this weeks oldest and most experienced side against a very young and inexperienced team missing Bellchambers, Fantasia, Hurley and Daniher and probably more.

Playing Carlton at the MCG in the form we are in will be a harder game than some here are expecting.

Back