Toast Debt-Free NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

l'm going to wait until I see the actual report before getting too excited. It strikes me as unexpected that in a year with a big drop in attendance, performance and membership that the result is so good. I hope it is as if so it is just so fantastic that we can do that without Pokies!

part of the reason would be due to the savings made in not fully replacing the wages paid to Wells/Harvey/Petrie/NDS/Firrito.

Hang on...what's happening here?
No Bull retweeted it as well.

giphy.gif

To be fair the debt free stuff was more that it was effectively debt free any business with expansions like AFLW, VFL, Application for arden st refurb will hold some debt add to that an overdraft to deal with the seasonal nature of revenue and it is effective debt which is fine.

The Arden Street refurb won't hit the profit and loss per se as the development costs will go toward the asset hence will show in the balance sheet.
I suspect that the Club will seek a lot of financial assistance from the AFL and the State Government for the expansion of Arden Street. Women's football and cricket is flavour of the month at the moment and the Government are preparing their 2018 election year announcements for the expansion and redevelopment of Victoria's sporting stadia with preference to those venues which promote women's participation.

Already the State Sports Minister The Hon. John Eren has publically gone on record discussing that many AFL Clubs had put forward submissions for grants and funding as part of the 2016 State Stadia Review emphasising expansion of participation of women. He particularly mentioned Princess Park, Whitten Oval, Kardinia Park and Mars Stadium as venues being studied as metropolitan and regional AFLW hubs. Earlier this year, Ballarat City was granted $2 million to build new female-only change rooms, upgraded cricket nets and Cricket Class 2 light towers at its Eastern Oval because the venue hosts female football, cricket and netball.

We might anticipate that the government may be generous with its sporting facility announcements from March onward as they lead toward the election.

l'm going to wait until I see the actual report before getting too excited. It strikes me as unexpected that in a year with a big drop in attendance, performance and membership that the result is so good. I hope it is as if so it is just so fantastic that we can do that without Pokies!
But there are other factors which might be considered such as reduced player payments with some of our higher paid senior players having been retired in 2016 and many of the newer players who have not yet made names for themselves being paid less throughout 2017. The club may have also found savings in other areas as well as tapping other sources of revenue. I maintained all year that the club seemed to be more aggressive than past years in terms of their raffles and they may have had an improved performance in that area.

Worst year for blooming ages. What the hell happened.

I suspect that because the club has gone through a generational change of players and even some board members that some members and supporters anticipated a poor on-field year so memberships weren't renewed and frankly who wants to turn up to the footy week after week to watch your team miraculously figure out a new way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory after half time?

2017 will not go down as a stellar year for the ROOs, but it can only get better in 2018 from my perspective.

I suspect that because the club has gone through a generational change of players and even some board members that some members and supporters anticipated a poor on-field year so memberships weren't renewed and frankly who wants to turn up to the footy week after week to watch your team miraculously figure out a new way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory after half time?

2017 will not go down as a stellar year for the ROOs, but it can only get better in 2018 from my perspective.
Fair enough. If I was smarter that would have been more obvious.

The fall out from the delistings of the Scott 4 would’ve had an effect

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back