Racing December Daily Punt - Jingle All The Way

Remove this Banner Ad

Jockey managers no longer allowed to bet or tip in NSW as of March.

At the same time they could lose access to promos and bonus bets - could be a tough month!

Anyone work out what happened to Aloisia? Racing in Sydney this weekend and they hope regumate will be the difference but she's been bog for way longer than that.

Anyone work out what happened to Aloisia? Racing in Sydney this weekend and they hope regumate will be the difference but she's been bog for way longer than that.

1 off spike as a spring filly in the vase, from memory the rail was hot in the guineas. it happens.

they bottom out feel a bit of hurt have an internal bleed or muscle soreness (never reported after a win of course), then never really get back there. filly/mare only makes it worse.

i guess we will see which managers/tipsters are actually any good on the punt.
One is Tax Free Money. As Big Earn will tell you, you’ve got to supplement your income. Will be interesting to see if Deane Lester or Mark Hunter get caught by these rules if they come to Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes there was a run at Caulfield i think when resuming or second up that was impressive

But hasn't gone on since that dominant Vase win Cox Plate day last year

It was the Tristarc second up this prep - every other start in her last 5 has been very very ordinary. I won't be touching her until she shows something more.

Of this current batch of 3 year olds who goes on to be a consistent high level wfa galloper?

Rostropovich? :p

I still think Lean Mean Machine looks a likely type to become a WFA 4yo.

The Villiers doesn’t look that strong. I had a nibble and if she doesn’t perform that may be the end of her as a racing prospect

The way the weight scale is 4 year old colts rarely measure up in the Spring under WFA conditions, most of the time they are just not developed enough to carry the same weight as the older horses and beat them. I look to avoid them as a result unless they are obviously well suited.

WFA scale is a funny thing. the actual accuracy of the scale in theory is completely subjective. In theory you want the highest relative performance to win but there's nothing to mark it against. the only possible end point you could come to is deciding what proportion of 2yo's should win, 3yo's should win, 4yo's should win, older horses should win. and then change the scale to fit. then you have to factor that sometimes the 3yo's go to stud, some get injured, sometimes horses don't race consistently until 5 so you have to balance that out too.

i think the UK underwent an overhaul of the scale due to not enough 4yo winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back