Review Dees v Orks: the Good, Bad and Miserable

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know the guy, but if he’s affiliated with the Hawks than it sounds like sour grapes and he can **** off (even though it’s accurate).

I'd be disappointed if my side had lost to us as well. Are people supposed to be sunshine and rainbows after watching an extremely sub-par display from their players where they lose to the then bottom-of-the-table team? People getting their knickers into a knot over press conferences is pointless. He called it as it is. So what?

I'd be disappointed if my side had lost to us as well. Are people supposed to be sunshine and rainbows after watching an extremely sub-par display from their players where they lose to the then bottom-of-the-table team? People getting their knickers into a knot over press conferences is pointless. He called it as it is. So what?
I don't really care much, and I agree with the sentiment, but it still comes off as childish. He's being called out for being a sore loser, nothing more.

Imagine if we lost that game and Goodwin had said that. This board would have a proper meltdown.

Being upset is one thing. Showing your panties are in a bunch that the opposing fans will be excited about a win shows a lack of professionalism and I’m thrilled that we were able to upset him so thoroughly

I don't really care much, and I agree with the sentiment, but it still comes off as childish. He's being called out for being a sore loser, nothing more.

Imagine if we lost that game and Goodwin had said that. This board would have a proper meltdown.

Copy and paste my response from above.

Media conferences are daft because its just the journalists getting a chance to poke and nudge coaches / players to try and get some vaguely newsworthy comments. People get upset when they repeat the same boring old cliches and then the get upset when they actually give an honest answer like "everyone here is s**t and I'm not happy".

Copy and paste my response from above.

Media conferences are daft because its just the journalists getting a chance to poke and nudge coaches / players to try and get some vaguely newsworthy comments. People get upset when they repeat the same boring old cliches and then the get upset when they actually give an honest answer like "everyone here is **** and I'm not happy".

We all need villains.

Don’t you dare try and steal this.

And anyway, I’m mostly just happy that it clearly cut him deeply to lose to our s**t side

I am generous perhaps but I think it is possible Jeff was actually trying to get the ball for McDonald to run onto and went by foot rather than hand.

We all need villains.

Don’t you dare try and steal this.

And anyway, I’m mostly just happy that it clearly cut him deeply to lose to our **** side

Go watch the press conference for a few minutes. You are kidding yourself if you think this is sour grapes or he's been "cut deeply". Agree with what he said; poor skills, both teams managed to play half a decent game each, Hawks failed to take their chances and neither look like they'll be causing any significant headaches come September. He's being asked questions at a press conference. We're a third of the way into the season but commentators, journos, etc have been bleating about teams seasons being over if they don't win the next game since round 3. The only thing they want here is comments that can be sensationalized.

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2019-05-04/r7-clarkson-post-match-press-conference

Go watch the press conference for a few minutes. You are kidding yourself if you think this is sour grapes or he's been "cut deeply". Agree with what he said; poor skills, both teams managed to play half a decent game each, Hawks failed to take their chances and neither look like they'll be causing any significant headaches come September. He's being asked questions at a press conference. We're a third of the way into the season but commentators, journos, etc have been bleating about teams seasons being over if they don't win the next game since round 3. The only thing they want here is comments that can be sensationalized.

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2019-05-04/r7-clarkson-post-match-press-conference

I’ll take a look mate

I’ll take a look mate

I don't care whether you do or don't, but if you're making comments based on some daft tweet rather than actually listening to what he said, then perhaps pull your head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaegar Omeara had 12 at quarter time

Finished with 19 while Harmes had 31 and kicked a goal

Harmes is the best tagger in the competition but the media havent caught up yet.

Well he got in Harmes Way...

Speaking of which, shouldn't that be your new name.

A reminder that it’s possible for multiple things to be true, and that Clarko can simultaneously have been telling the truth while being a bitter loser about it. And that’s beautiful. Truly the human experience is a divine spectrum.

You are a generous man. His first quarter was atrocious and he did a few useful things later in the game but was otherwise garbage. Should be dropped on principle for burning TMac in that 2 on 1.

I mentioned somewhere else that was an absolute shocker!

But I thought the rest was ok, obviously rusty though

Anyway I ******* hate the hawks and I’ll be generous if i want to.

Edited: it reads angry and I like this American afl dude

Last edited:
A reminder that it’s possible for multiple things to be true, and that Clarko can simultaneously have been telling the truth while being a bitter loser about it. And that’s beautiful. Truly the human experience is a divine spectrum.

I agree, but not in this case. Not sure how people are expecting a guy to act - I'd be a little frustrated and disappointed if the side I was coaching just lost a very winnable game against a very bad team. Seems more like some people here get a bit tetchy because someone other than Dees BigFooty posters made a few negative comments about the side. I watched about six minutes of that press conference video - if you could kindly provide the time stamp when he goes all "bitter sore loser", I'll have a butchers at it but otherwise I don't have a problem with what he said or how he said it.

I agree, but not in this case. Not sure how people are expecting a guy to act - I'd be a little frustrated and disappointed if the side I was coaching just lost a very winnable game against a very bad team. Seems more like some people here get a bit tetchy because someone other than Dees BigFooty posters made a few negative comments about the side. I watched about six minutes of that press conference video - if you could kindly provide the time stamp when he goes all "bitter sore loser", I'll have a butchers at it but otherwise I don't have a problem with what he said or how he said it.
Eh. Just a difference in style at the end of the day, there's no right or wrong way to go about a loss and people are equally as entitled to criticise Clarko as he is to behave in a certain way. To each their own, live and let live etc, doubt he would care too much that people here think he was a wang.

Not that it mattered, but the non 50m to Tmac was a fugly call. Considering Harmes got pinged twice for being 7-9m from the player with the ball, but the umpires chose not to penalise the hawthorn player for the kick after the whistle.

Eh. Just a difference in style at the end of the day, there's no right or wrong way to go about a loss and people are equally as entitled to criticise Clarko as he is to behave in a certain way. To each their own, live and let live etc, doubt he would care too much that people here think he was a wang.

If we've got a choice between a guy who has coached for 15 years getting moany and bitter over a close loss or BigFooty posters having a sook over a few on point comments, I'm going to go with option B. If you can show me Clarko going all sore loser yesterday, happy to revise that to both A and B.

Not that it mattered, but the non 50m to Tmac was a fugly call. Considering Harmes got pinged twice for being 7-9m from the player with the ball, but the umpires chose not to penalise the hawthorn player for the kick after the whistle.

Yeah agree, I think I mentioned it in the GDT, the umpiring definitely wouldn't have been the deciding factor, but I thought those 50M penalties on harmes were harsh and it definitely didn't go the same way for us.

Slight whiff of #freekickhawthorn

If we've got a choice between a guy who has coached for 15 years getting moany and bitter over a close loss or BigFooty posters having a sook over a few on point comments, I'm going to go with option B. If you can show me Clarko going all sore loser yesterday, happy to revise that to both A and B.

No one else has watched the press conference just based it off a tweet.

Got no time for opposition coaches belittling/demeaning/disrespecting other clubs and their supporters (see Mickey mouse malthouse and his comments on our QB games when he was Collingwood coach). I don't care how successful or lauded they are in the game. Say what you want about Goody but he would never say anything disrespectful about the opposition cause he is not an a-hole

And I wouldn't say anyone here is "jumping from the roof" in elation over the win. Us melbourne supporters now how s**t we are still and aren't under any illusions of how far we still have to go. We are just rightfully relieved and not suicidal depressed that we got a win against a good club. Don't need salty clarko to rain on our good feelings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back