Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends, the Aints are the Joe Dirts of the league but over the past twenty years, we have struggled against them. today will be no different.

Aints by 5 points in another Dross Lyin' Special

Gawn absolutely wiped the floor with Marshall.
Every time a ruck is getting hyped up as a challenger to his #1 ruck throne, he absolutely throttles them lol.

Good ol' fashioned baptism.

Good: Winning. 100. Max Gawn. Good team game, few passengers.

Bad: Petty

Ugly: Saints are awful. Because of this the win probably papered over cracks and Goody unlikely to make changes even when they are warranted (see Petty).

I liked that you could see us put the foot down in the third and the saints just couldn't keep up. Don't take me back to that second quarter though

Every time a ruck is getting hyped up as a challenger to his #1 ruck throne, he absolutely throttles them lol.

Good ol' fashioned baptism.
Loves to smash every other half decent ruckman but generously let's the no names beat him like he's playing Mario Kart against a six year old.

Tomlinson is underrated imo. Petty has never had a game in defence as good as Tomlinson's performance today.
I said a few weeks ago North should pick him up on the cheap. He's limited but they are desperate for some senior players in their backline.

We won? Just checked the score on phone. I should totally avoid Melbourne matches in 2024 and just do something else. I might be a bit pizzled now but that’s no reason to stop. I will test you all to my Kent style delayed commentary tomorrow.

I also still think we should sack everyone and fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Harvest Snaps, Gawn, Tomo, McVee, Langdon, Trac , May's goal. Trying and using the corridor for the majority of the 3 quarters. Playing on with some handball from marks.

Alright: Liked Hunter back in the team, didn't do a heap but he's such a smart player on team that lacks them, Viney much better than the past month

Bad: McAdam, awful, but he has an excuse. Petty, again.

Ugly: Our second quarter, just revolting. How can you go from that first quarter to looking like we did after a 10 minute break at quarter time? That was the easiest 10 goal win for the taking of all time yet because the expectations are so low with this side offensively from a supporters perspective a 6 goal win feels like 100 point win. Remain completely unconvinced but whatever, at least it felt like some respectable football at times.

Fugly: It's depressing enough watching us, Saints fans **** knows how you do it.

We won? Just checked the score on phone. I should totally avoid Melbourne matches in 2024 and just do something else. I might be a bit pizzled now but that’s no reason to stop. I will test you all to my Kent style delayed commentary tomorrow.

Watch the first half only

Tomlinson is underrated imo. Petty has never had a game in defence as good as Tomlinson's performance today.
Loved Tomo's game but disagree with this, Petty has had some rippers like that.

I mean treat you all not test you all.

So yhere

Good: Finally played some exciting footy and scored 100 points.

Bad: wasting good opportunities in the first and last quarter, but particularly the last with some terrible skill errors leading to saints goals. Was quite irrationally annoyed at that.

Ugly: 2nd quarter not sure what happened just horrible viewing.

Tomlinson comes in for a game and plays well which means he'll probably get dropped for the rest of the year.

Should try swinging T-Mac forward with the way he was clunking marks today.

Petty hurt so presumably BBB is in next week. I am sure he will be able to cover for Petty's barnstorming <5 disposal 0 goal performances.

First time watching McAdam. I don't know what to think of him. He didn't get much reward but applies pressure. I hate his stupid jedi padawan braid though.

Good:
Some better ball movement using the middle of the ground
Gawn tore Marshall a new one
Tommo, TMac and May all racking up intercepts (Saints delivery forward did help)
ANB & Pickett both impacting with some more midfield time

Bad:
Petty just can't get into games at the moment
McAdam looks a fair way off the pace
Wasteful in front of goal

Ugly:
Second quarter was shambolic

Good: Finally played some exciting footy and scored 100 points.

Bad: wasting good opportunities in the first and last quarter, but particularly the last with some terrible skill errors leading to saints goals. Was quite irrationally annoyed at that.

Ugly: 2nd quarter not sure what happened just horrible viewing.
Agree. The last 3 junk time goals left a bit our sour taste in an otherwise (apart from the 2nd qrt) solid game.

% is important when 2nd to 10th or whatever is hovering around 100-110 %

Happy to take the win, frustratingly watching the eagles get railed in Adelaide tho
But lord Nev reported that all our players were sick though?

True Richmond supporter bullshit. We lost. Badly. So obviously everyone had gastro or Covid or whatevs because otherwise we would have won against eagles by a million points. Or a billion maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back