Roast Dermott Brereton: "Wayne Carey is a better analyst than Daisy Pearce"

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not bribery, it’s access to top legal counsel and the resources to fund an endless legal battle
Exactly.

People don’t understand how the legal system works. It’s all about capital. Winning a court battle is often about a war of attrition, you simply wear down your opponent by protracting the case and handing money over to lawyers who take it with glee and file endless forms to access the legal framework so they can get the best deal for their client.

Often people can not afford to enter into huge protracted legal skirmishes that take time and drain money.

... so just on this Star Wars rubbish again (because this topic kinda sucks anyway), that last one basically removed the asian character (they gave her a whopping 76 seconds of screen time out of 2+hours of film), and turned the black dude into comic relief, retconning his role from the lead's love interest in favour of the moody white guy who'd basically been abusing her for the previous two films, attempting to kill her numerous times and slaughtering her mates. What a catch!!!(... and the much talked about "lesbian kiss" didn't even last 25 frames!)

For all of this "gender diversity quota" and armies of woke writing staff it was the worst performing film in the box office and also was the most panned by critics.

Clearly, what they needed to do, was add MORE representation and more lesbian pash scenes, more interracial love affairs and it would have been a better film... right?
stars wars just sucks because its a load of bollocks. the fans need to deflect somehow now that they are coming to that realisation later than everyone else

we have to accept the calls made by the rule of law in the same way we have to accept the umpires decision in a sport.

Plus there is little evidence that bribery is rife in our court system. nor is carey all that rich.

once the majority rejects the notion of accepting the rulings by our court systems then society ceases to function.

Twitter mob rule is not a society we want to move towards.

maybe we just dont have all the facts and the courts did rule on it correctly.
No we don’t. That’s what we don’t need to do. I was involved briefly by way of business with a man called Andy Corp whose daughter Elsa was murdered by a man who had a suspended sentence and was on parole.

Accepting the fact that this perpetrator was at large in society means that we have faith in the judicial system to have done the right thing. Go and google her name and see what happened to her.

Perhaps if Wayne Carey was adequately and seriously punished for early offences he would have not reoffended or had the opportunity to do it again. Nevertheless, we are subjected to a guy on our tv screens whom really hasn’t had the full force of the law thrown at him and is the beneficiary of a plum job earning big money.

Would we afford a bit part player the same opportunity even if he had shading insight to the game? I very much doubt it.

stars wars just sucks because its a load of bollocks. the fans need to deflect somehow now that they are coming to that realisation later than everyone else
Star Wars has just been milked for dollars and the whole premise is now ruined. The best ones were still the original versions in the seventies and eighties.

Exactly.

People don’t understand how the legal system works. It’s all about capital. Winning a court battle is often about a war of attrition, you simply wear down your opponent by protracting the case and handing money over to lawyers who take it with glee and file endless forms to access the legal framework so they can get the best deal for their client.

Often people can not afford to enter into huge protracted legal skirmishes that take time and drain money.
Um the opponent was the state. Not a person. all those points are mute in this regard.

It was a criminal case. not a civil case. do you get the difference? The former is versus the state. Not the victim. the victim is not involved and neither wins or loses. The case does not impact them financially.
The state’s resources are very limited on a per case basis and that seriously impacts the chance of a guilty verdict.

We are getting seriously SRP here rather than Daisy Pearce, though.

The state’s resources are very limited on a per case basis and that seriously impacts the chance of a guilty verdict.

well when the victim doesnt want to press charges its hard for the state to make a good case.

agree lets get this thread back on topic.

weird this thread is still on the main board and not on the srp board or simply closed down. Not really much more to discuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well to an idiot. Yes.

No no, the narrative is if you say anything less than positive about a woman i:e your dislike for Caro and her journalism then that makes you a misogynist sexist.

Say what you like about wain, rex or derm - doesn't matter, they're males. Free game.

So according to the narrative you're a misogynist sexist.

Last edited:

That was the op's intent, I've asked this poster twice to admit it and have it moved it to the srp, but won't.

The thread should also be renamed to op's intent - Hunts misogynistic comments.

Nevertheless, we are subjected to a guy on our tv screens whom really hasn’t had the full force of the law thrown at him and is the beneficiary of a plum job earning big money.
Sounds to me like the punishments were enough to get him to rehabilitate himself. He's a changed man, shouldn't that be the focus rather than expecting him to have been jailed for 45 years to prove a point?

Isn't rehabilitation the whole point?

No no, the narrative is if you say anything less than positive about a woman i:e your dislike for Caro and her journalism then that makes you a misogynist sexist.

Say what you like about wain, rex or derm - doesn't matter, they're males. Free game.

So according to the narrative you're a misogynist sexist.
Hmmm. No, not really. I don’t know what you are implying about other peoples thoughts and opinions here. I think if I espouse those views a reasonable person would agree with me if I had legitimate grounds.

Sounds to me like the punishments were enough to get him to rehabilitate himself. He's a changed man, shouldn't that be the focus rather than expecting him to have been jailed for 45 years to prove a point?

Isn't rehabilitation the whole point?
I didn’t suggest he be jailed for 45 years. I simply tend to think that we are a bit forgiving in some circumstances.

I like how this has devolved into Carey and Rex are s**t blokes so we shouldn't have to listen them.

Daisy is a good person, so we should most certainly have to listen to her terrible insights on a weekly basis.

To be fair most football fans try very hard to ignore anything Dermott says or writes.

Dermotts a bore. Especially during Essendon games. We get it DH you don’t like Essendon, we don’t need to keep hearing it, or just heck off and do another game.

I don’t mind daisy though, but she does tend to provide low hanging fruit type commentary. Not really insightful stuff.

What, so you’re suggesting that if they wrote characters as majority white men, they would have written a better story? That seems an extremely long bow.

Especially given that the diversity etc is not a plot point. It doesn’t get in the way of the story.
No, I'm suggesting if they hired on talent and merit, we wouldn't have the s**t we do now.

And no, diversity is a plot point. The writing team had it on their whiteboard of plot ideas. Twice.

Dermotts a bore. Especially during Essendon games. We get it DH you don’t like Essendon, we don’t need to keep hearing it, or just * off and do another game.

I don’t mind daisy though, but she does tend to provide low hanging fruit type commentary. Not really insightful stuff.
So sick of Dermott, he adds nothing to the broadcasts these days.
All he talks about are things that happened 40years ago now, jog on old man and leave the commentary to people who have an understanding of the game today

And no, diversity is a plot point. The writing team had it on their whiteboard of plot ideas. Twice.
You're lying.

Diversity isn't a plot point... it's a note.

Along with "relatable characters", "epic" and "surprise".
rm3KYe2ubxaNST1CMGih_NNu8v63kQ1Maufw7c6B--w.jpg

Some good ideas there to be honest, if only they looked at that white board more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back