Roast Dermott Brereton: "Wayne Carey is a better analyst than Daisy Pearce"

Remove this Banner Ad

You're lying.

Diversity isn't a plot point... it's a note.

Along with "relatable characters", "epic" and "surprise".
rm3KYe2ubxaNST1CMGih_NNu8v63kQ1Maufw7c6B--w.jpg

Some good ideas there to be honest, if only they looked at that white board more often.
I'm not lying. They're all things that can be intertwined into the plot. Maybe less pushing of current social concepts, more better writing.

I'm not lying. They're all things that can be intertwined into the plot. Maybe less pushing of current social concepts, more better writing.
I can’t name a plot point in those three new films that was about diversity, though? Gender, sexuality and race aren’t in the plot as far as I can remember.

If anything, it’s blind to race, gender etc. Here is this captain who happens to be female. Here is this kiss that happens to be gay, etc. This isn’t exactly Degrassi.

maybe these things arent mutually exclusive and the fact that star wars is an epic fail has nothing to do with diversity

plenty of well written shows that manage to have a diverse cast of characters and are far more explicit about social concepts than heckin star wars

I can’t name a plot point in those three new films that was about diversity, though? Gender, sexuality and race aren’t in the plot as far as I can remember.

If anything, it’s blind to race, gender etc. Here is this captain who happens to be female. Here is this kiss that happens to be gay, etc. This isn’t exactly Degrassi.
I'm more talking about the EU.

“Surprise” would have been a really nice addition to that final film tbh.
How incompetent were the writers that they actually needed to be told to include an "Actual Ending" and "The Force" in a Star Wars film.

If we had TV commentators that could actually understand defensive structures and communicate them effectively and succinctly, with a bit of showmanship - we would have far higher numbers that appreciated the modern game for what it is.

But unfortunately we've still got commentators who talk as if kicking it long is a viable tactic, Carey is one of these. Daisy Pearce does try to communicate what I'm talking about but her voice and show isn't quite there unfortunately.

Isn’t the problem with this comment not who is the better analyst just that Brereton clearly only made the comments because Pearce is a woman?

When have two male analysts ever had their ability compared? Whether or not the comment was correct isn’t the issue.

How incompetent were the writers that they actually needed to be told to include an "Actual Ending" and "The Force" in a Star Wars film.
Film by committee. Stupid idea.

Films like Pulp Fiction, Get Out etc have a great, tightly wound plot because they didn’t have a cast of thousands to write them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... so just on this Star Wars rubbish again (because this topic kinda sucks anyway), that last one basically removed the asian character (they gave her a whopping 76 seconds of screen time out of 2+hours of film), and turned the black dude into comic relief, retconning his role from the lead's love interest in favour of the moody white guy who'd basically been abusing her for the previous two films, attempting to kill her numerous times and slaughtering her mates. What a catch!!!(... and the much talked about "lesbian kiss" didn't even last 25 frames!)

For all of this "gender diversity quota" and armies of woke writing staff it was the worst performing film in the box office and also was the most panned by critics.

Clearly, what they needed to do, was add MORE representation and more lesbian pash scenes, more interracial love affairs and it would have been a better film... right?
Bill Hicks likes this.

So killtaker1993 are you gonna put this thread in it's right place and admit you're enraged about Hunts comments? This is a very political discussion now and it's obvious it was your intent.

Own up mate.

My intent was to stand up for Daisy Pearce and for all women in the footy industry. Someone has to do it

Last edited:
My intent was to stand up for Daisy Pearce and for all women in the footy industry. Someone has to do it

Then why put it on the footy main board? And why not just name the thread 'Hunts neanderthal comments' or something that reflects your intent?

Your intent is obviously political and about standing up for women in footy.

Isn’t the problem with this comment not who is the better analyst just that Brereton clearly only made the comments because Pearce is a woman?

When have two male analysts ever had their ability compared? Whether or not the comment was correct isn’t the issue.
I think 'the issue' is that Brereton gave oxygen to the sexist rantings of a silly old privileged white guy.

I don't think anyone would care less who Brereton prefers as a commentator.

Last edited:
Then why put it on the footy main board? And why not just name the thread 'Hunts neanderthal comments' or something that reflects your intent?

Your intent is obviously political and about standing up for women in footy.

Who cares what board it's on, and who gives a fat f*** what the thread is called?

Reckon the mods might, that's why there are different boards for different topics, your intent is this is not a footy topic.

Yeah, it probably isn't. You're probably right. I only started this thread to see what kind of discourse it would generate. Gave me a few laughs. I couldn't care less about Daisy Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back