Roast Dermott Brereton: "Wayne Carey is a better analyst than Daisy Pearce"

Remove this Banner Ad

killtaker1993

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why is there no outrage today over this take by Brereton? I couldn't disagree more with this rather toxic opinion.

Footy great Dermott Brereton has doubled down on Rex Hunt’s take on Daisy Pearce by saying Wayne Carey is the superior commentator.
Hunt last week said footy was been ruined by people with “soft penises.”

Yabba yabbering on (and on) he said the removal of commentator Wayne Carey from prime-time coverage was “weak.”

Dermie later showed his support by posting to a story condemning “AFL icon” Fossil Hunt’s contentious rant.

“Gender quotas aside,” said Dermie, when you stand Wayne “side-by-side against Daisy for football analysis, Wayne is by far the better analyst.”

Link

Carey is possibly the dumbest person in footy media. You may suggest someone like Brownless, but at least he knows he's dumb. Carey is shocking to listen to, can't speak, most of his comments are just regurgitated stuff someone else has said, or "back and my day" stuff, and also he's very insecure and never admits he's wrong. Daisey by a mile even if she wan't any good.

Why is there no outrage today over this take by Brereton? I couldn't disagree more with this rather toxic opinion.

Footy great Dermott Brereton has doubled down on Rex Hunt’s take on Daisy Pearce by saying Wayne Carey is the superior commentator.
Hunt last week said footy was been ruined by people with “soft penises.”

Yabba yabbering on (and on) he said the removal of commentator Wayne Carey from prime-time coverage was “weak.”

Dermie later showed his support by posting to a story condemning “AFL icon” Fossil Hunt’s contentious rant.

“Gender quotas aside,” said Dermie, when you stand Wayne “side-by-side against Daisy for football analysis, Wayne is by far the better analyst.”

Link
What's there to be outraged by ? Why is it ''toxic'' ?

Dermott giving an opinion ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey isn't a better analyst than some of the trash posters on Bay 13. Never forget he suggested Carlton trade Sam Walsh for Tom Bugg, Sam Frost and Dom Tyson.

He's an idiot. Great player, but an idiot.

I'll take Daisy every day of the week thanks.

We also gonna pretend that most football special comments are just famous footballer identity's over people....trained?

Like, David King can sound boring and Dunstall annoys people, but at least they have some talent in the area, Most are complete hacks.

In five minutes Nathan Buckley demonstrated how shallow and nondescript most footy analysis is. He brought a coach's mindset to the commentary box rather than a player's. I'm not a massive fan of Pearce, but she, like Buckley, has a more academic way of explaining structures and why player x did this and why player y did that. It is infinitely more enlightening than anything the majority of special comments people offer.

Wayne Carey can make astute observations about positioning on the field or how a player should use their body; but anyone who has grown up with the game can make those same observations. And he repeats these ad nauseum season-after-season.

Ignoring how one views the game, is young or old, is a Nerd or a Julio, Pearce is by far the better footy analyst.

Sounds like the OP's rage (and it is rage) is not about who is a better analyst and more about how what Hunt said rather than Derms assessment of the two.

Maybe this should be on the SRP board with a title about the Neanderthal comments of Hunt, and Derm being a misogynist coz he said Carey is a better analyst than Pearce.

FWIW, I rate Pearce's analytical skills because she simplifies the game for the layman types. While Carey does see the game he is more suited to those that know the game more in detail given in his commentary, does come out with howlers at times though. Pearce's knowledge I'd argue is just as good though.

Just come out and say it killtaker1993 and put this thread on the correct board (srp), with the correct title - don't hide your rage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back