List Mgmt. Developing a premiership quality backline

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we start thinking about the possibility of trading someone like Taz to a team like... I dunno... Footscray for their first? Taz won't be there for the start of the run but could be instrumental in the formation of a premiership back six.

just a thought...

I'd be having a chat with Maynard of the Pies. Good player who fits the age profile of our list. Media reckons his hometown clubs are interested but we should be in his ear about staying in Melbourne with a young list challenging in the next few years.

Do we start thinking about the possibility of trading someone like Taz to a team like... I dunno... Footscray for their first? Taz won't be there for the start of the run but could be instrumental in the formation of a premiership back six.

just a thought...
We're not getting a 1st Rd pick for a bloke turning 33.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

just a thought...

Last year about this time on this highly regarded forum there was talk that Taz wasn't happy with the backline. No-one was drafted

We got Corr who was injured most of the year. Perez missed also. Most of the back six was just a bunch of guys moved from the mids or forwards depending on who was available. JZ and Hall are over 30

Noble says we are looking at mids again this draft.

Could be why Taz left. Got work to do down there

Last edited:
Last year about this time on this highly regarded forum there was talk that Taz wasn't happy with the backline. No-one was drafted

We got Corr who was injured most of the year. Perez missed also. Most of the back six was just a bunch of guys moved from the mids or forwards depending on who was available. JZ and Hall are over 30

Noble says we are looking at mids again this draft.

Could be why Taz left. Got work to do down there
Based on nothing more than the gears inside my head, there could be an element of having his nose out of joint a bit due to Ziebells presence.

Tarrant was the undisputed leader of that backline and rightly so as he's widely regarded as one of the best in the competition. He directed traffic, told guys where to stand, etc, etc but then after coming back from injury he's now got a positionally inexperienced Captain doing what was basically his job. A guy parachuted into the role, who was still in backline terms, a toddler.

Throw in the other points you've raised in your post and it's "Thanks guys but see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back