Analysis Did we make a HUGE mistake?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish they'd mention interesting facts more.
Apparently Pendlebury played basketball. Why is this never talked about?
I heard something fascinating about Mason Cox last week. Get this he was born in AMERICA! The commentators kept that under their hats !

I heard something fascinating about Mason Cox last week. Get this he was born in AMERICA! The commentators kept that under their hats !
Whaaaa....?

Next thing you know someone will mention that Daw is Sudanese.

The pick they offered was 8 pre draft, cox was the pick that was 6 at that time. With the two academy bids it got pushed to 8 and the pick they offered ended up at 10.

Doesnt matter because we will get Cox and their top 5 pick at the end of next season for Dunkley after he's just won two more flags and we allow him to leave

The pick they offered was 8 pre draft, cox was the pick that was 6 at that time. With the two academy bids it got pushed to 8 and the pick they offered ended up at 10.

Doesnt matter because we will get Cox and their top 5 pick at the end of next season for Dunkley after he's just won two more flags and we allow him to leave

If we passed on Jamarra then the pick wouldn't have been pushed back as many places.

After watching Nik Cox absolutely dominate last night it got me thinking about what might have been a sliding doors moment. Nik Cox was taken in the draft at pick 8, the pick Essendon offered us for Josh Dunkley. We had the option of doing that trade, passing on Jamarra and taking Cox. This is an 18-year-old kid who has taken the competition by storm. 202cm with the speed, agility and skill to play as a wingman. He could quite literally revolutionise the game.

By contrast, our "number one pick" is battling away in the twos, struggling to get a kick because he isn't fit enough to play out a quarter of footy without his body cramping up. He currently can't get a game in a side that is desperate for natural forwards. All this while many of his peers are already impacting the competition in a big way. And instead of training his butt off to try and get his fitness up he would rather sit around fornicating and watching reality tv, going to music festivals and posting on Instagram.

I really hope we haven't made a huge mistake and blown the chance at taking a generational talent.
Umm. How do we have pick 8 if it gets sucked up by taking JUH?

If Cox plays 250 games for the Bombers and a clearly unfit JUH only managed 18 games for us, I’ll spew and spew and spew and spew and spew. Like literally spew. All over Docklands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ship sailed YEARS ago when we didn't pick up Parish and Francis. Should've tanked those years to get those two champions.

Now we are stuck in limbo like Essendon were, but now they are going to be flag contenders for a very long time.
Don't forget that they picked up Zach Merrett with the Crameri pick!

Don't ask how, but I've had access to a private Essendon discussion forum since 2000.

Can confirm that they haven't been this excited about a 200cm utility's first season since Kepler Bradley. Many think this Cox kid will be almost as good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back